Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Fuente de Piedra

Fuente de Piedra

Old Apr 1st 2010, 12:11 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fuente de Piedra

Worth a visit if you haven't been. Always more amazing after rainy winters

http://www.diariosur.es/v/20100401/m...-20100401.html
Old Apr 1st 2010, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fuente de Piedra

We went there last week. It's looking very different than usual after all the rain, the main lake was more like a sea with quite big waves.
Lots of flamingoes were close to the near-shore and very easly viewed with the naked eye. On our past visits they have been just pink blobs in the distance.

There are also newly built wooden viewing hides overlooking the smaller lakes, these lakes were full of wading birds, also spotted a fox stalking around the edge.

The newly refurbished visitors centre is now open too and well worth a look around.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 12:51 pm
Account Closed

lunacrout is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd love to go - I'm back to the UK on Saturday for a month - anyone know if the flamingoes will still be there in May?

Also - is the access reasonably easy? (I'm a bit 'wobbly' on my legs )
Old Apr 1st 2010, 1:24 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Access is ok. I think they are around until July, maybe longer if the water hasn't dried up.
Old Apr 1st 2010, 4:25 pm
Account Closed

lunacrout is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Jacky - will definitely go now
Old Apr 6th 2010, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

SaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of light

My advice is to carry on past the entrance to the visitors' centre (when driving from the village of Fuente) and drive for a minute or so following the lake round until you see a carpark area, hide and path round the lake on the left. No access problems here and the birds are really close. First time we went we visited the centre and walked round there, we didn't see anywhere near as much and were much further away.