Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Free next day delivery anywhere in Spain. Really?

Free next day delivery anywhere in Spain. Really?

Old May 25th 2011, 11:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Free next day delivery anywhere in Spain. Really?

With my cynical hat on, I just wonder how many people are familiar with the experience of receiving a delivery at home, on time, in Spain? The phrase I used as the thread title was in another thread and I'm as confident as I can be that wouldn't apply in our neck of the campo. I found myself wondering if this is exclusively our problem (however relatively near Malaga we may be!!!)
Old May 26th 2011, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Free next day delivery anywhere in Spain. Really?

Originally Posted by fionamw
With my cynical hat on, I just wonder how many people are familiar with the experience of receiving a delivery at home, on time, in Spain? The phrase I used as the thread title was in another thread and I'm as confident as I can be that wouldn't apply in our neck of the campo. I found myself wondering if this is exclusively our problem (however relatively near Malaga we may be!!!)
Well if you don't actually live on the coast and the delivery service being used is MRW then you may have a very long wait!
We live just 40km from Malaga, but we may as well live on the moon as MRW don't like having to go that far for a delivery!
I spent over an hour on the phone to them telling them exactly where our house is (on a bus route) in both English and Spanish, but they kept saying they didn't know it and that I live up a mountain track...which I don't, I'm right on the main road with a bus stop outside the house, they also wanted me to go and collect the parcel myself from Malaga.
It was only after I said I would be sending a complaint to Amazon that they miraculously knew where I was located, they delivered next day.
Old May 26th 2011, 4:35 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
I know I don't live in the middle of nowhere, but have had free next day deliveries from Carrefour on more than one occasion - & in the agreed timeslot, and with a phone call from them to make sure I'm in!

I've bought stuff online quite a lot, too - & it has always arrived on time - & I usually pay COD

& although I'm not in the middle of nowhere, every map I have found of my little patch has my street name wrong - so you'd have thought that would be a problem - but it seems not
Old May 26th 2011, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

cymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura aboutcymruambyth has a spectacular aura about

We have nothing but praise for MRW. We live over an hour inland from El Ejido in a small mountain village and on the many (many) times we have received packages from Amazon, MRW have delivered either on the estimated day or the day before. The MRW driver now even stops us in the local town if he sees us and has a package for us and has always (always) been very helpful
Old May 26th 2011, 5:52 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cymruambyth
We have nothing but praise for MRW. We live over an hour inland from El Ejido in a small mountain village and on the many (many) times we have received packages from Amazon, MRW have delivered either on the estimated day or the day before. The MRW driver now even stops us in the local town if he sees us and has a package for us and has always (always) been very helpful
I have found exactly the same with MRW, nothing is too much trouble. I know that I do not live in an out of the way place but my street shows up in its Valencian name on their GPS whereas we always use the Spanish name, so MRW drivers have had to phone a few times to check on where it is Delivery is always when it is said it will be and sometimes earlier, the delivery men around our area are always very pleasant and helpful too. One day the parcel had not been scanned when it arrived at their depot so the chappie could not release it until the office relayed permission which allegedly would take a couple of minutes. He did not like to keep me waiting on the doorstep so asked if I needed the box, when I said no, he told me to empty it and he would take it to deal with it, he sat outside and the office did their bit about 7 minutes later.

Rosemary

Rosemary
Old May 26th 2011, 6:11 am
Banned

John and Elaine is an unknown quantity at this point

On a couple of occasions MRW have charged 'waiting time' when they collected vivas from a couple pf Embassies in Madrid. When I called both embassies they said they had arrangements for couriers to call after their offices had closed to the public and thus there was never any waiting by couriers. I was fairly convinced that it was a ploy to charge more.

That said, on another occasion MRW tried to deliver to my house, finding that I was out they called me on my Mobil, asked where I was and delivered directly to me in a bar about 1 km from my house.
Old May 26th 2011, 6:15 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

I agree about MRW - never had a problem and they often phone or text us the evening before a delivery.

As for next day delivery, I have had a couple of parcels sent via SEUR24 and yes, they arrived next day.

The best example was a large TV sent from Irun on the French border, that arrived 20 hours after dispatch. It's about 800km.
Old May 26th 2011, 6:55 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
I agree about MRW - never had a problem and they often phone or text us the evening before a delivery.

As for next day delivery, I have had a couple of parcels sent via SEUR24 and yes, they arrived next day.

The best example was a large TV sent from Irun on the French border, that arrived 20 hours after dispatch. It's about 800km.
we've had stuff delivered by SEUR too - my dd gets musical instruments & stuff delivered from Germany - always arrives when they say it will - usually within 48 hours
Old May 26th 2011, 1:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

We live in a large town but in an area which is not accessible by car, let alone delivery vans. We've had many deliveries, both by couriers (including stuff from Amazon) and from local firms we have ordered furniture, etc. from and every one of them has arrived in the specified timescale. One courier phoned to check we were in and because we were out shopping, he arranged to meet us outside Mercadona to hand over the parcel - luckily only a small one. Generally I find deliveries excellent here, an example being the tumble dryer I went out to buy on 26 December 2009 - called in to the shop about 11.00 to buy it and was asked if I wanted it delivered that morning or afternoon!
Old May 26th 2011, 3:07 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by Lynn R
We live in a large town but in an area which is not accessible by car, let alone delivery vans. We've had many deliveries, both by couriers (including stuff from Amazon) and from local firms we have ordered furniture, etc. from and every one of them has arrived in the specified timescale. One courier phoned to check we were in and because we were out shopping, he arranged to meet us outside Mercadona to hand over the parcel - luckily only a small one. Generally I find deliveries excellent here, an example being the tumble dryer I went out to buy on 26 December 2009 - called in to the shop about 11.00 to buy it and was asked if I wanted it delivered that morning or afternoon!
that happened to us!!

OH went to Tien21 to buy a tumble dryer - it took an hour to get served but he managed to be patient

it was delivered before he got back home & all he had done was get a few bits in Mercadona on the way back

last November we bought me a new armchair - it was delivered the following day - I said I would be working til 12, so we agreed on any time after that - or they could find me in the bar opposite

at 11.55 they turned up - ordered a couple of coffees & sat down to wait while I finished my class!!
Old May 26th 2011, 5:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

When we first bought our house in Sayalonga 4 years ago we bought a washing machine from Erroski with free delivery. Bang on time two lads turned up with a little sack barrow thing with the washing machine on it. We live at the far end of the village can access by car but not that easy. They had parked on the main road at top of the village and wheeled it to the house. They weren't put out at all mind was a very muscular looking lad. They then took it upstairs for us unpacked it and connected it all up. Can't fault the service as I can imagine you would get in the UK in similar circumstances!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 27th 2011, 8:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
When we first bought our house in Sayalonga 4 years ago we bought a washing machine from Erroski with free delivery. Bang on time two lads turned up with a little sack barrow thing with the washing machine on it. We live at the far end of the village can access by car but not that easy. They had parked on the main road at top of the village and wheeled it to the house. They weren't put out at all mind was a very muscular looking lad. They then took it upstairs for us unpacked it and connected it all up. Can't fault the service as I can imagine you would get in the UK in similar circumstances!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Too right! We have had beds delivered here and they always carry them upstairs and assemble them as part of the service. When my elderly father had a new bed delivered in the UK the guy dumped it in his living room and said he wasn't allowed to take it upstairs. My brother and I had to wrestle with it instead. The usual 'elf and safety excuse, I suppose.

When I ordered 2 new sofas here, one man carried a 3-seater up the street, balanced on his head.
Old May 30th 2011, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

When we bought our white goods we used local shops and the service was basically the same day. I suspect if you use a large out of town store it would have been a different story.
On a similar vein have you ever tried to return faulty goods. That is a nightmare.
Old May 30th 2011, 7:18 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnyone
When we bought our white goods we used local shops and the service was basically the same day. I suspect if you use a large out of town store it would have been a different story.
On a similar vein have you ever tried to return faulty goods. That is a nightmare.
Have returned goods to Carrefour and Eroski with no problems. Saying that we have to return a second keyboard to Carrefour today so perhaps I had better keep my mouth shut.

Rosemary
Old May 30th 2011, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

We have returned faulty goods more than once to local stores - always had them exchanged straight away without quibble. I once bought a pair of boots from a shop in Nerja, put them away in the wardrobe for a few months and then the first time I put them on I discovered there was a sharp piece of metal sticking up through the sole of one of them. I couldn't find the receipt but took them back in the shop's carrier bag and showed them the problem, they apologised profusely and exchanged them.

Once we bought a piece of glass from a cristaleria, as a new glass shelf for the fridge. When we got it home it was too small, and OH checked the measurements and discovered he had written them down wrongly for the shop. We went back and asked for a new one, explained that it was our fault, and they did not charge for the replacement, although I fully expected to pay for it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.