Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Free to go shopping

Free to go shopping

Old Mar 17th 2020, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Free to go shopping

Honestly never thought that I should take disposable gloves around with me.But I shall in future.Nothing was handed out at Lidl in Albir although we were standing 1 mtr.apart being directed by a security guard as we waited in the queue.However I took the bus to get there & not being so agile now,stepped up using the bus door handle.I wonder if I should have worn gloves for that operation,same as I got off.Don't broadcast this as I don't want shelves emptied before I've got some please
Old Mar 17th 2020, 4:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute

I'm wearing my retired Nurse head now but one of the best things you can do is avoid touching your face, don't pick your nose/bite your nails or smoke (smoking =hand to mouth contact). When you get home go through a deep hand clean with soap and running water.
Old Mar 18th 2020, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rafikiphoto
I'm angling for an excuse for a bike ride. A 14km round trip to Aldi isn't enough but better than the 2km there and back to Dia!
There have already been instances of cyclists being fined for taking the pi55, being clad in Lycra and riding a non utilitarian bicycle will be instant giveaways and guarantee a stop.

The restrictions are in place for the good of all and we're all giving up something, your missing your bike rides gives you no right to flaunt the rules.
Old Mar 18th 2020, 5:20 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I'm angling for an excuse for a bike ride. A 14km round trip to Aldi isn't enough but better than the 2km there and back to Dia!
Really .........…. who would have guessed(?), we did not know and nor will the police.

Last edited by missile; Mar 18th 2020 at 5:22 am.
Old Mar 18th 2020, 5:52 am
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin
There have already been instances of cyclists being fined for taking the pi55, being clad in Lycra and riding a non utilitarian bicycle will be instant giveaways and guarantee a stop.

The restrictions are in place for the good of all and we're all giving up something, your missing your bike rides gives you no right to flaunt the rules.
I am well aware of the reasons for the current restrictions. I support them and I'm not surprised that the lycra lads and lasses are being pulled in. It is quite clear that cycling for pleasure or fitness is prohibited. I most certainly don't think missing my bike rides should give me any more rights at all! If you read my first post #12 again you will see my question is whether one must travel to one's nearest supermarket or if it is permissible to travel to a bigger one 7 km distant. My follow-up post was a comment about getting there on a bike which, incidentally is a Brompton folder with a large bag on the front.
Old Mar 18th 2020, 6:02 am
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

Originally Posted by missile
Really .........…. who would have guessed(?), we did not know and nor will the police.
I had a chat with a Guardia officer yesterday afternoon whilst walking the dogs. I asked him. He smiled and said "Stick to Día in the village, sir, and you won't have problems." Q.E.D.
Old Mar 18th 2020, 6:35 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I had a chat with a Guardia officer yesterday afternoon whilst walking the dogs. I asked him. He smiled and said "Stick to Día in the village, sir, and you won't have problems." Q.E.D.
Good advice :-)
Old Mar 18th 2020, 6:14 pm
Forum Regular

cermignano is an unknown quantity at this point

In rural parts of UK/Scotland, folk are having to drive for miles to find necessities in shops as shelves are often sparse
Old Mar 18th 2020, 6:52 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but in the UK there are no restrictions (just vague recommendations) as to where you go and who with. That, I am sure, will change very soon.

The UK is rapidly becoming a pariah in the eyes of the rest of the world due to their decision not to enforce any of the sensible rules such as closing schools pubs and restaurants etc.
Old Mar 18th 2020, 7:09 pm
Started off with nothing

Hi Fred,

I am in the UK at present. Pleased to report churches, schools, universities, colleges and most sports facilities are to close. Still no restrictions on pubs and restaurants. No plastic gloves or hand sanitiser and huge queues outside many some supermarkets. I am shocked at how many people in the UK still think C-19 is no worse than a mild cold and disregard basic precautions like hygiene. The government's heath advisors are still pushing their theory that once a large percentage of the population are exposed the "herd" will develop immunity.

Last edited by missile; Mar 18th 2020 at 7:11 pm.
Old Mar 18th 2020, 7:53 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Fred,
. The government's heath advisors are still pushing their theory that once a large percentage of the population are exposed the "herd" will develop immunity.
I think that, theoretically they are right. The only other way of getting long term immunity is a vaccine which may be 18 months away.

The fundamental problem with their theory is that 250000 people or more, may die, which is about the same as the UK death toll (civilian and military) in WW2.

That cannot be acceptable even if the theory is correct. At least Boris has now decided that it isn’t such a good idea and is now doing much the same as other countries, albeit far too late.

He really needs some good advice, but sadly, Stanley is down the pub!

Old Mar 18th 2020, 8:15 pm
Started off with nothing

Originally Posted by Fred James
I think that, theoretically they are right.
IMHO, this is a huge gamble played out with peoples lives. If one catches the cold / flu it doesn't necessarily stop you catching it again and/or being a carrier with no symptoms passing it on to others. Apparently C-19 has already mutated.
There are researchers working to develop a vaccine. It has been reported than two researchers have successfully completed trials on mice and monkeys in UK and China respectively. They are ready to commence clinical trials on humans and all being well a vaccine could be available in 6 months.

Last edited by missile; Mar 18th 2020 at 8:17 pm.
Old Mar 19th 2020, 7:50 am
Started off with nothing

The Government is drawing up plans to enforce the emergency closure of restaurants, bars, pubs and cinemas in the capital and restrict the use of public transport to only "key workers" - effectively turning London into a ghost town. Early this morning, Transport for London announced up to 40 Tube stations could be closed from today.
Old Mar 19th 2020, 9:50 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Went shopping today but did not know it is a fiesta in Galicia. Everything was shut.
Old Mar 19th 2020, 9:52 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

The Government is drawing up plans to enforce the emergency closure of restaurants, bars, pubs and cinemas in the capital and restrict the use of public transport to only "key workers" - effectively turning London into a ghost town. Early this morning, Transport for London announced up to 40 Tube stations could be closed from today.
For a minute I thought you was writing about Spain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.