Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Fraudfsters Stole My Name!

Fraudfsters Stole My Name!

Old Jan 15th 2009, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fraudfsters Stole My Name!

Extraordinary - I typed in my name dot com and up came the site of some well-known costa fraudsters!
Stupified! Lenox Napier
Old Jan 15th 2009, 3:56 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fraudfsters Stole My Name!

Originally Posted by Lenox
Extraordinary - I typed in my name dot com and up came the site of some well-known costa fraudsters!
Stupified! Lenox Napier
Bummer......
Old Jan 15th 2009, 4:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

I heard the Euesdens were on the skids but it may only be wishful thinking on the part of the majority of people down here.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 4:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

Crikey! ...and dot net!
Old Jan 15th 2009, 4:16 am

Ownership of the domain name runs out on 27-feb-2009 com net and org all point to the same site, running a whois does not get you much until you search the .ORG name see here for Details as whoever set the domain names up forgot to tick the privacy box on that one. It will stop showing the page after 100 searches so I have saved it for offline viewing.

Personally I would consider contacting a Good solicitor.

Had any run ins with them?

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Jan 15th 2009 at 4:23 am.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 4:39 am

Also see http://www.nominet.org.uk/disputes/legalinfo/objecting/

and a very longwinded page on expedited dispute process for cybersquatting domain names.

Even when it expires it will probably go on to a 12 month protected status, which you might be able to force it off with a complaint

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Jan 15th 2009 at 4:42 am.
Old Jan 15th 2009, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: Fraudsters Stole My Name!

¡Madre de Díos! ...and dot co dot uk as well!
Old Jan 16th 2009, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

I don't want to be paranoid here... but I think these people are a bit wierd. I just found my name with a dot es as well.
Where will it all end?
Old Jan 16th 2009, 7:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Having spotted this thread before & seen another post, I was intrigued & did the .es thing ..... bizarre!..... to echo someone else's question, have you had any run-ins with them? I never did get to the EWN page - is that the Thurs/Frid paper that's a freebie in many outlets? I'm distinctly unaware of their 'history'.... if I were you, though, given the use of your name, I'd be a bit careful of how you describe them given defamation etc......
keep us posted, as they say.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 3:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well, yes... and dot org as well!
Between us, I think you have to stand up to people like this so I'm not going to pretend they don't exist.
You can Google euesden and fraud for a few pointers.
Perhaps, for the lawyers, I should say 'alleged fraudsters'.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 10:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

These two people are reviled by just about every person I have ever mentioned them to. I'm not quite sure how their business continues to exist. The EWN is one freebie rag that I would be happy to see become a victim of the financial crisis.