Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

France squeezing Expats, who's next?

France squeezing Expats, who's next?

Old Mar 26th 2013, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

londonbee has a spectacular aura aboutlondonbee has a spectacular aura aboutlondonbee has a spectacular aura about
Default France squeezing Expats, who's next?

Expats are easy pickings for bankrupt governments.
Cypriot bank levies and now this in France.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/p...nch-taxes.html

What can we expect from the hacienda in future?

Well thank God they don't know anything about our net worth... wait a minute... doh!
Old Mar 26th 2013, 6:24 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: France squeezing Expats, who's next?

Sigh

At the risk of showing my age; don't you miss the good old days when it was legal to just make a living?
Old Mar 26th 2013, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

londonbee has a spectacular aura aboutlondonbee has a spectacular aura aboutlondonbee has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by amideislas
Sigh

At the risk of showing my age; don't you miss the good old days when it was legal to just make a living?

the phrase "honest living" has become a contradiction
Old Mar 26th 2013, 7:00 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by londonbee

Well thank God they don't know anything about our net worth... wait a minute... doh!
Wealth tax in Spain is already higher than the figures they quote for France.

CGT allowances based on the time you have owned the property are no longer allowed in Spain for recent years.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Nigeljay has a spectacular aura aboutNigeljay has a spectacular aura aboutNigeljay has a spectacular aura about

CGT on property sales for anyone who bought in the last six years is somewhat academic isn't it?
Old Mar 27th 2013, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

I think it was the wife of the new man at the helm of the Bank of England that was bemoaning about all the rich French moving to London and pushing up the prices of property there! London, in population terms is already the 6th(?) largest French city, perhaps the French and the Brit expats are passing each other, one lot heading for France, the other lot leaving France.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 2:51 pm
Forum Regular

Sir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond repute

Very interesting reading thanks for the posted link.

Cyprus...now france looking to squeeze more dosh!,where will it end?...

Quote"What can we expect from the hacienda in future?"

Well I personally think that in the NEAR future the HACIENDA will LOWER the threshold of 700k of assets once they have everyones nice little tidy and all informative private asset declaration details on their system,they can then do what they want,who can stop them?,thats the CONCERN!,maybe i'm wrong i do hope so!,but i have a gut feeling on this,what does everyone else reckon?.

Quote"Well thank God they don't know anything about our net worth... wait a minute...

Are you sure?

Gardens are great places to grow things and bury WASTE!... like this ASSET DECLARATION.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Sir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond reputeSir John has a reputation beyond repute

Sigh

I don't think you need to worry about showing you age no worries!,yes i for one just miss the good old days when first coming to spain in 2005 when you could just live in PEACE and be LEFT ALONE to enjoy life and reap the rewards of hard working life in the UK!,is that too much to ask?,seems it is now.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 3:20 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

...and it was even better in the 90's. Low tax, high interest rates and you could run a tax free Gibraltar reg. car
Old Mar 27th 2013, 3:24 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sir John
I don't think you need to worry about showing you age no worries!,yes i for one just miss the good old days when first coming to spain in 2005 when you could just live in PEACE and be LEFT ALONE to enjoy life and reap the rewards of hard working life in the UK!,is that too much to ask?,seems it is now.
mmm... I worry that the relative state of things and the precedence it sets increasingly makes it a rather posh and decadent lifestyle if you are fortunate enough to simply "live in peace and be left alone" and not be struggling to survive. Maybe the 70's "flower child" anti-everything era is coming into fashion again.

Anybody heard of LSD lately?
Old Mar 27th 2013, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

mmm... I worry that the relative state of things and the precedence it sets increasingly makes it a rather posh and decadent lifestyle if you are fortunate enough to simply "live in peace and be left alone" and not be struggling to survive. Maybe the 70's "flower child" anti-everything era is coming into fashion again.

Anybody heard of LSD lately?
To make a contensious point "to live a posh and decadent lifestyle", i know a retired uk guy locally who lives on £700 a month pension 840 euros, and just wants to live in peace and quite and be left alone since losing his partner,dog and grown up son in afganistan,this money he gets he surely would be in trouble living in the uk ok!so although he is not struggling to survive here,he has been happy is NOT living a posh and decadent lifestyle.
It also depends also on what your lifestyle is?,going out to eat every day,drinking lots spirits,booze,expensive food,expensive tastes and cars and living beyond your means,some people live quite happy with less and are not the I WANT BRIGADE must have everything.
The people that were on LSD are now dead thats old school my nephew died of that so thats not funny,it's the CRACK thats killing people now,again that not funny either.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 4:39 pm
Forum Regular

Most people would agree on your points John. This isn't an issue of wanting a lifestyle, it's an issue of being left alone by interfering governments.
Old Mar 27th 2013, 5:17 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sir John
The people that were on LSD are now dead thats old school my nephew died of that so thats not funny,it's the CRACK thats killing people now,again that not funny either.
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with this part of your post...
1. LSD is not know as an addictive drug so using the expression 'people on' is misleading (as an aside most of the 60's hippies are now quite respectable and well integrated into normal life) LSD in itself does not kill it's just the stupid things that people do while tripping that kills them

2. It not crack thats killing people nowadays its alcohol !

Most commentators (and statistics!) agree that the biggest cost to our society in terms of violence, health and safety comes from over indulgence in alcohol.
Old Mar 30th 2013, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mfh
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with this part of your post...
1. LSD is not know as an addictive drug so using the expression 'people on' is misleading (as an aside most of the 60's hippies are now quite respectable and well integrated into normal life) LSD in itself does not kill it's just the stupid things that people do while tripping that kills them

2. It not crack thats killing people nowadays its alcohol !

Most commentators (and statistics!) agree that the biggest cost to our society in terms of violence, health and safety comes from over indulgence in alcohol.
I agree alcohol is serious i have lost 4 friends from alcohol related deaths from over indulgence in the uk.

Yes doing silly things as a result of taking LSD causing death,my nephew jumped out of a 7th floor window,he was weekend user had a job

Crack DOES kill people in many different ways,especially HEART short term and long term,obviously not in the scale of alcohol as is very readily available to everyone legally over 18,21 in the USA and cheap
Old Mar 30th 2013, 9:17 pm
Forum Regular

Most people would agree on your points John. This isn't an issue of wanting a lifestyle, it's an issue of being left alone by interfering governments.
Exactly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.