Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Foxes in Valencia province

Foxes in Valencia province

Old Mar 13th 2010, 8:37 am
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Foxes in Valencia province

Originally Posted by xxfrecklesxx
When I lived in the UK (in the city) a fox got in through a hole in the fence (made that day buy the council) it killed 4 hens, left 2 half dead, 2 slightly injured, attacked the 2 ducks we had....and yes all that was missing was 1 head.....

perhaps I should get myself some foxhounds and saddle up the horse...
No, foxes are nice really.. Get a gun and shoot it if need be if it's legal, then you can do a portrait of it's lifeless corpse and put it outside your chicken house to ward off other foxes. If foxhounds have ripped it to shreds it would be an awful mess of a picture.
There was a pet artist on the radio the other day. Wasn't you was it?
Old Mar 13th 2010, 8:40 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lushdaddy
I was actually asking if you knew. Sorry dude, I didn't mean to sound like I was picking at anything. Freckles said some of her birds had their heads taken, and I only know of other animals killing birds, I have heard of full bodies taken but not just heads. I was wondering if any animals actually take heads away. To eat. Sorry for being unclear in my question.. We cool..
Cheers,no offence,but have seen quite a bit of foxes handiwork over the years and seen them in action,....crafty is a fair decription.
Also suffered from the handiwork of stoats and their ilk which quite often only take the head.
In addition they can often gain access to livestock premises, where even a fox would fail
Old Mar 13th 2010, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

xxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nice

No, foxes are nice really.. Get a gun and shoot it if need be if it's legal, then you can do a portrait of it's lifeless corpse and put it outside your chicken house to ward off other foxes. If foxhounds have ripped it to shreds it would be an awful mess of a picture.
There was a pet artist on the radio the other day. Wasn't you was it?
I actually think fox's are beautiful animals... and there are more killed on the roads in the UK, rather than any other way..

And you would be surprised how many 'dead' animals I paint... (not road kill) but animals that have passed away and the owners want them painting..

Nope I wasnt on the radio...
Old Mar 13th 2010, 9:18 am
HOODIE

Lushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of lightLushdaddy is a glorious beacon of light

I actually think fox's are beautiful animals... and there are more killed on the roads in the UK, rather than any other way..

And you would be surprised how many 'dead' animals I paint... (not road kill) but animals that have passed away and the owners want them painting..

Nope I wasnt on the radio...
A few of my friends in the uk hate foxes and think they are dirty. Having not seen too many in the wild or even in the streets at night I am always quite fascinated with them when I do. My gran had a badger sett near her garage and as soon as the local idiots found out they were trying to dig it up. I like to think of foxes as the bright orange bushy tailed ones I see in cartoons. I think badgers are cool too. Don't know why people would want to hurt them for no reason. Here's a question though or two. What's the strangest animal you been asked to paint and which do you like painting most.??
Old Mar 13th 2010, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

xxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nice

A few of my friends in the uk hate foxes and think they are dirty. Having not seen too many in the wild or even in the streets at night I am always quite fascinated with them when I do. My gran had a badger sett near her garage and as soon as the local idiots found out they were trying to dig it up. I like to think of foxes as the bright orange bushy tailed ones I see in cartoons. I think badgers are cool too. Don't know why people would want to hurt them for no reason. Here's a question though or two. What's the strangest animal you been asked to paint and which do you like painting most.??
The fox's I have seen here look smaller than UK fox's and seem to be quite lean, and Ive seen a few manky looking one but in the UK, often when the have mange..

Ive not really painted strange animals, did someones house rabbit...
and I like painting cats, I love doing their eyes, as they have so many different colours in them,
Old Mar 13th 2010, 10:07 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

The fox's I have seen here look smaller than UK fox's and seem to be quite lean, and Ive seen a few manky looking one but in the UK, often when the have mange..
Yes only the manky ones left out in the UK country side,but those in town are thriving and seem to have an excellent standard of living.
Foxes in Spain, like many cats and dogs in Spain, have had to adapt to a poorer standard of living with not many scraps to be had and so evolved into meaner,leaner creatures, unless of course they were fortunate enough to reside close to the local basura.
In parts of Scandinavia where I have lived foxes have been protected for a while, partly because their numbers were rapidly diminishing with mange.
Therefore its not unusual to see them sitting within a few meters of a busy road happily watching the traffic roll by, with not a care in the world.
Wouldn't see that in the UK of course,having been persecuted for so many years, by possees of evil ppl.on horses accompanied by packs of bloodthirsty hounds.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 10:17 am
HOODIE

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Yes only the manky ones left out in the UK country side,but those in town are thriving and seem to have an excellent standard of living.
Foxes in Spain, like many cats and dogs in Spain, have had to adapt to a poorer standard of living with not many scraps to be had and so evolved into meaner,leaner creatures, unless of course they were fortunate enough to reside close to the local basura.
In parts of Scandinavia where I have lived foxes have been protected for a while, partly because their numbers were rapidly diminishing with mange.
Therefore its not unusual to see them sitting within a few meters of a busy road happily watching the traffic roll by, with not a care in the world.
Wouldn't see that in the UK of course,having been persecuted for so many years, by possees of evil ppl.on horses accompanied by packs of bloodthirsty hounds.
I have to say, I am 100 percent against fox hunting. I like the dogs and I like the horses, it's those animals on the horses backs I can't stand.
I really can't understand why anyone would want to do it. It's like squirrel taunting or hedgehog whacking.. Quite unnecessary really.. And quite ineffective.
Old Mar 13th 2010, 10:37 am
On the road again.

I have to say, I am 100 percent against fox hunting. I like the dogs and I like the horses, it's those animals on the horses backs I can't stand.
I really can't understand why anyone would want to do it. It's like squirrel taunting or hedgehog whacking.. Quite unnecessary really.. And quite ineffective.
I go along with that,lushdaddy,except for the hedgehog whacking, which I've only ever come across on the showground,so I presume you are taking the Michael there.

Anyways,time for a bit shuteye,so buenos noches to one and all.