Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

A FONDO ZONA CERO

A FONDO ZONA CERO

Old Oct 29th 2009, 11:34 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A FONDO ZONA CERO

Originally Posted by lunacrout
I'm a 'laydee'

(my pic's on my profile but I can't work out how to make it appear on the forum page )

Find a better pic and I will tell you how to do it. ;-))
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lunacrout
(my pic's on my profile but I can't work out how to make it appear on the forum page )
I think you need to make it an avatar and in the menu there is an option for Edit Avatar, then Add avatar and so on....
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Profuse apologies. I added you after I wrote the sentence but forgot to change the corresponding pronoun. My bad
Have you been to Alhuarin for a holiday ?
Old Oct 29th 2009, 11:35 pm

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
Have you been to Alhuarin for a holiday ?
...... uh............ no
Old Oct 29th 2009, 11:37 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

...... uh............ no
Just joking, haven´t seen you for a while. ;-)
Old Oct 29th 2009, 11:39 pm

Just a flying visit, JDR. No-one worthwhile to wind up!!!!
Old Oct 29th 2009, 11:55 pm
Forum Regular

warren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jdr
It begins with G, but I will have to check one of my tickets for the name. lol

Just checked me receipt, Poligino Guadalhorce.
So how much would I be expected to pay? Not that I'm going to go there of course.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 12:01 am
Account Closed

lunacrout is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
Find a better pic and I will tell you how to do it. ;-))
Ha-ha - I like that one (for now, anyway - don't want to be recognised too easily )
Old Oct 30th 2009, 12:02 am
Account Closed

Profuse apologies. I added you after I wrote the sentence but forgot to change the corresponding pronoun. My bad
de nada
Old Oct 30th 2009, 12:03 am
Account Closed

I think you need to make it an avatar and in the menu there is an option for Edit Avatar, then Add avatar and so on....
Thanks - I'll have a look - all these new-fangled technical terms - can't keep up

Old Oct 30th 2009, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on your area. Yes, in many areas it is to indicate drug sale, but in other areas it is also used to demark 'gang' (and not just the criminal type) territories with the shoes' colours distinguishing between the gangs - something apparently copied from the gangs in the USA.

As with many things though, original intention has been lost, with young 'rebels' thinking it is fun to mark their neighbourhood as a drug or a gang zone when it is nothing of the sort.

However it seems that the whole shoe throwing thing as has been described here is a hijacking of previous more innocent reasons behind it. Each village has its own folklore behind it but one I've heard and quite like is that decades ago, putting shoes out like that meant that during a particularly hot or dry spell, they were asking for rain - and should the rain come, they always know where to find their shoes!!!!

Other villages use it to denote villagers who have passed away (usually before their time), others use it as a celebration (graduation, wedding etc), but the best I've heard is that some jokers simply love putting them up so that people like us will scratch our heads wondering what the significance is of hanging shoes from the phone lines!!!!!!
That is really interesting, thanks for the explanation.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 5:27 am
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

I couldn`t believe this was Madrid when i first watched these idiots.

Shocking.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 8:32 am
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chulo
Shocking.
Unfortunaly I can, did you see the stabbing on the Metro they showed on the news not so long ago?
Old Oct 30th 2009, 9:07 am
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

No I didn`t, I`m not in Spain and our Spanish tv got disrupted for a few days.

I guess when you don`t live in a country trying to get a feel for life can be difficult, especially with the language and being an outsider.

The UK news doesn`t cover much in the life of Spain.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 6:55 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chulo
http://youtube.com/watch?v=q2-LuJvQ3Dg&NR=1

Shocking.
Why would Madrid not have idiots? If you lived in London and read the newspapers you'd hear of gang knife-fights in Peckham, murders in Tottenham, people kicked to death, schoolboys knifed, on a regular basis. Yet in fact London is relatively safe, but because of its size you'd hear of more violent incidents than elsewhere. Same in Madrid, where unfortunately there will always be idiots to be found in a city of 4 million. I still maintain that Madrid (and even London) is far safer to stroll around on a Friday night for a drink, than any number of smaller British cities and towns where you become the target of a drunken idiot(s) itching for a fight. The things you do have to look out for more in Madrid (and to a certain extent in London too) is pick-pockets and bag-snatchers. Very unlikely you'll walk into a gang-fight situation (even in south London) and if you do, the best thing is to keep walking away - the people in the fight are not interested in you. Same goes for if Millwall or West Ham fans are terrorizing your high street in England, just walk away and leave the police to sort it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.