Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

A FONDO ZONA CERO

A FONDO ZONA CERO

Old Oct 29th 2009, 12:13 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A FONDO ZONA CERO

Incindently I never realised before the significance of the shoes hanging from overhead phone cables until they mentioned it.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

whitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to beholdwhitelinen is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by agoreira
Everywhere or just Valencia? I certainly saw it on Spanish TV recently in Sevilla, and not tourists, but sevillanos.

Valencia
Old Oct 29th 2009, 1:04 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Every big city has its ‘Casitas Rosas’, just like Valencia, the graffiti usually alerts the innocent visitor. I last saw the car guards in Alicante’s Gran Via, on the roof car park, six months ago, and paid up quietly. It’s cheaper than having scratches and dents repaired.

Thanks for posting that link, Agoreira, what an informative film.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 1:43 pm
Banned

chulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud ofchulo has much to be proud of

There is an industial Estate behind Malaga airport that has a Puta problem, there is a lot of South American she males working there, you can tell as there not so shy, they sit on old sofa with everything visable in the daytime.

A business I deal with on that estate warned me about them when I visited in May this year.

Shocked is not strong enough.

There must have been a hundred Putas there and punters didn`t seem to mind stopping.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 1:57 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

This is the problem, without the demand there wouldn't be a need for supply.
I see an immigrant selling DVDs' on the street near our home and there is a DVD rental shop on the corner. If this continues (because people are buying them) then it stands to reason that people no longer have the need to rent DVDs'. If logic follows suit then the DVD rental shop will eventualy close. If the people whos' buisness is effected do nothing to deal with the problem then they have no room to complain.
Old Oct 29th 2009, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

warren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud ofwarren d has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by chulo
There is an industial Estate behind Malaga airport that has a Puta problem, there is a lot of South American she males working there, you can tell as there not so shy, they sit on old sofa with everything visable in the daytime.

A business I deal with on that estate warned me about them when I visited in May this year.

Shocked is not strong enough.

There must have been a hundred Putas there and punters didn`t seem to mind stopping.
Where exactly is this place? Just so I can avoid it of course. Honest!
Old Oct 30th 2009, 6:42 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by warren d
Where exactly is this place? Just so I can avoid it of course. Honest!
It begins with G, but I will have to check one of my tickets for the name. lol

I have never seen a hundred there though, maybe a 0+ typo ?

Just checked me receipt, Poligino Guadalhorce.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 8:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madridboy
Incindently I never realised before the significance of the shoes hanging from overhead phone cables until they mentioned it.
What is the significance of the shoes? I thought it was just people being silly by throwing their shoes in the area and getting them caught.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 9:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
What is the significance of the shoes? I thought it was just people being silly by throwing their shoes in the area and getting them caught.
It tells you on the video. It's to indicate that the place sells drugs, so as the "guiris" know where to get their drugs.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 9:33 am
Account Closed

lunacrout is an unknown quantity at this point

It tells you on the video. It's to indicate that the place sells drugs, so as the "guiris" know where to get their drugs.
Well - you learn something every day

I thought it was kids being stupid after a night out!!!

Old Oct 30th 2009, 10:20 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on your area. Yes, in many areas it is to indicate drug sale, but in other areas it is also used to demark 'gang' (and not just the criminal type) territories with the shoes' colours distinguishing between the gangs - something apparently copied from the gangs in the USA.

As with many things though, original intention has been lost, with young 'rebels' thinking it is fun to mark their neighbourhood as a drug or a gang zone when it is nothing of the sort.

However it seems that the whole shoe throwing thing as has been described here is a hijacking of previous more innocent reasons behind it. Each village has its own folklore behind it but one I've heard and quite like is that decades ago, putting shoes out like that meant that during a particularly hot or dry spell, they were asking for rain - and should the rain come, they always know where to find their shoes!!!!

Other villages use it to denote villagers who have passed away (usually before their time), others use it as a celebration (graduation, wedding etc), but the best I've heard is that some jokers simply love putting them up so that people like us will scratch our heads wondering what the significance is of hanging shoes from the phone lines!!!!!!
Old Oct 30th 2009, 11:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

I realise there are many other reasons for the shoes, but as we were talking about the video, the guy clearly says that is what their use is in that area.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 11:16 am

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

I realise there are many other reasons for the shoes, but as we were talking about the video, the guy clearly says that is what their use is in that area.
No need to be defensive as I was not trying to undermine your answer. My reply was more expansive (rather than this-particular-video-specific) more in answer to Chiclanagirl who asked directly what shoes on cables meant, and in answer to Madridboy (and Lunacrout) who said he hadn't known the reason behind it until the video proffered one such use.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 11:30 am
Account Closed

lunacrout is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
No need to be defensive as I was not trying to undermine your answer. My reply was more expansive (rather than this-particular-video-specific) more in answer to Chiclanagirl who asked directly what shoes on cables meant, and in answer to Madridboy (and Lunacrout) who said he hadn't known the reason behind it until the video proffered one such use.

I'm a 'laydee'

(my pic's on my profile but I can't work out how to make it appear on the forum page )

Last edited by lunacrout; Oct 30th 2009 at 11:32 am.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by lunacrout
I'm a 'laydee'

Profuse apologies. I added you after I wrote the sentence but forgot to change the corresponding pronoun. My bad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.