Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Flying in and out in a day

Flying in and out in a day

Old May 30th 2007, 7:12 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Flying in and out in a day

Any one ever done this. I am going to pick up my teenage son from the UK flying in, the morning and then back again in the afternoon ? will it work ?
Old May 30th 2007, 7:19 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flying in and out in a day

Originally Posted by gallerie9
Any one ever done this. I am going to pick up my teenage son from the UK flying in, the morning and then back again in the afternoon ? will it work ?
You'll be jet lagged
I flew out Friday night once and flew back Sunday but never done it on same day
Old May 30th 2007, 7:25 pm
aspeangel

Where are you flying to?? I have done this a couple of times (also to drop off my disabled teenage step-daughter), flying to Stansted arriving at 12.30pm from Alicante and flying back to Alicante at 5.30pm - it's a bit tiring and boring but not too horrendous. I am due to do it again whilst doing a drop-off again and during the 4 hour break I have between dropping off and checking in I am heading off to see my pregnant best friend for a few hours (it makes it worthwhile if you can fit in a quick visit either to a friend or a supermarket!!).

Old May 30th 2007, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

Often. The aim is not to take any luggage with you, arrive a hour before taking off and if you can online check in and do the same on the way back. I also am 40 minutes away from the airport both ways so again travelling time isn't always too bad. Last time I did it, a client met me near Gatwick airport at one of the hotels and I flew back after the meeting on another carriers flight. Welcome to being a modern commuter.
Old May 30th 2007, 9:01 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gallerie9
I´ve done it to Venice. Like everyone says, just get there an hour before, no luggage, check in online if you can. It´s easy and you´ll have loads of time in the UK (as long as your son doesn´t live too far from the airport).
Old May 30th 2007, 9:45 pm
Forum Regular

skippernicky is on a distinguished road

Used to go to regular meetings in Belgium and Barcelona. More often than not flew out and back in the same day. Strange feeling at first, Having breakfast at home, Lunch in Barcelona and evening meal back home. As alraedy stated Travel Light and dont check in too early
Old May 30th 2007, 9:57 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

My daughter is going to take him to the airport. I arrive at 13.30 and then leave at 17.30, so just time to have a cup of coffee and lunch and then back off again.
wish me luck never done it before
Old May 31st 2007, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Lis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to all

In the 90´s they used to run daytrips from Manchester to Seville for about 100 pounds and I went on one as a birthday trip. Great fun, long day but certainly possible. We had time for a tapas lunch and a tour of Seville by coach. Great to be travelling with no luggage.
Old Jun 4th 2007, 10:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

I went on a day trip from Manchester to Seville too! It was in November for my OH's birthday and we set off wearing jumpers and winter coats, by lunchtime we were sitting outside in short sleeve T shirts over a glass of wine. Great - especially as the OH worked for the company which ran the trips so it cost us £30 each for the day!