Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Flying a Cat back to UK

Flying a Cat back to UK

Old Feb 14th 2007, 5:53 pm
Sandgrounder

sandgrounder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Flying a Cat back to UK

Information required please. Does anyone know the best way to get our cat back to the UK in April. He's all ready to go, ie. passport all stamped and in order. We want to fly him back to Manchester ideally from Jerez, or Malaga or Gibraltar at a push. At present can only find 'private hire jets' ! Eeek!
Old Feb 14th 2007, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond reputemrsjdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flying a Cat back to UK

Trudie Porter

[email protected]

Contact these guys, were very good when our daughter and husband returned pets to UK last year
Old Feb 14th 2007, 6:53 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sandgrounder
Information required please. Does anyone know the best way to get our cat back to the UK in April. He's all ready to go, ie. passport all stamped and in order. We want to fly him back to Manchester ideally from Jerez, or Malaga or Gibraltar at a push. At present can only find 'private hire jets' ! Eeek!
Dont forget all the jabs and the time limits, certificates etc for UK entry.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 7:55 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sandgrounder
Out of interest, how does your cat fly? By that I mean does he get all stressed out (before some smart alec replies "he´s got wings").

We left two cats behind in the UK with Annie´s parents because one of them used to get herself so worked up just travelling for 10 minutes in the car that you would think she was about to have a heart attack. She did that think where they keep their mouth wide open and saliva would just drool out in big gloops from her mouth. She would also pant. She really used to frighten us, so we decided not to fly her out to Spain with us in case we found a dead cat in the travel case at the other end.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 12:48 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

How disappointing this post is.....I clicked on thinking someone had at last found an easier way than Ryanair.. I had visions of myself sitting astride a nice Persian like an Arabic flying carpet, with nothing more than the cost of a tin of Felix involved.. Perhaps I need to get out more ????
Old Feb 16th 2007, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by poollounger
How disappointing this post is.....I clicked on thinking someone had at last found an easier way than Ryanair.. I had visions of myself sitting astride a nice Persian like an Arabic flying carpet, with nothing more than the cost of a tin of Felix involved.. Perhaps I need to get out more ????

Roll on April eh?

Anyway, didn't your flight cost almost less than a tin of Felix?
Old Feb 16th 2007, 2:01 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by susique
Roll on April eh?

Anyway, didn't your flight cost almost less than a tin of Felix?
Less I think..... Never bought it...drove a friend home the other night.. she offered champagne but had no food in the house apart from a tin of Felix..talk about priorities...
Old Feb 16th 2007, 2:59 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by keithwalters
Out of interest, how does your cat fly? By that I mean does he get all stressed out (before some smart alec replies "he´s got wings").

We left two cats behind in the UK with Annie´s parents because one of them used to get herself so worked up just travelling for 10 minutes in the car that you would think she was about to have a heart attack. She did that think where they keep their mouth wide open and saliva would just drool out in big gloops from her mouth. She would also pant. She really used to frighten us, so we decided not to fly her out to Spain with us in case we found a dead cat in the travel case at the other end.

Hi Keith, sorry to hear you left your cats behind in the UK, you must missed them a great deal. My cat, he is 18 years old now, was 16 when we brought
him out, in UK I took him to the vets for his jabs hoping to get him rehoused none of the family could take him. The vet said there would be no problem taking him, I told her he used to have a panic attacked just taking him 5 mins up the road to visit her. He was also travel sick and the noise from him was unbearable, she and other people convinced me to bring him out.

The poor thing in 16 years he had never been anywhere but home, in the last
6 months in the UK he lived in 2 different homes, travelled from Essex to Kent to Sussex and from there to Gatwick for his flight to Seville. He stayed in 4 different catteries before he got here, the week before the flight after paying out a fortune he became unwell and I thought please not now I have paid out all this money. We flew out on the Wednesday and he followed on the Friday, the people in the cargo bay at Seville airport were fantastic and althrough it took two hours to get him through customs they kept me supplied with coffee and the Spanish lady there had lived in the UK for years and all she wanted to do was talk about England. I was so worried about him because of his age and the fact he was such a bad traveller, all the way back home from Seville I kept checking on him, he was so quite I thought his dead, his dead, I've killed him. Got him home took him out of his travel box and he has not looked back since. He loves it here, he spends time outside, he can't jump up on to the walls like he used to and he spend 90% of his time a sleep on the back of the sofa but I am so glad I brought him with me.

He is beginning to look his age now and finding life a lot harder than he did before but at least I have him with me. Oh just remember he did spend the first six months pulling his fur our that was worring and really messy.