Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Flights within Spain - budget airline?

Wikiposts

Flights within Spain - budget airline?

Old May 24th 2007, 2:07 pm
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light
Default Flights within Spain - budget airline?

Jumping over from the Australian expats forum, hello!
I'm going over to UK from Oz next month and have looked into cheap flights to Malaga to see a friend looked at jet 2 - thats sorted no problem GBP75 from Manchester.
Question for those in Spain...is there a spanish airline for internal flights while I am there? I want to visit Barcelona on the way back to the UK we are really doing this trip on a budget so I would appreciate any help. Are there flights from Malaga to Barcelona? Is there a preference of airports in Barcelona as I believe there are a few airports.

Just to add another question - any particular area/hotel in Barcelona to recommend to stay? In mid 30's with 2 junior school age kids.

Thanking you in advance.

LJJ

Last edited by ljj; May 24th 2007 at 2:21 pm.
Old May 24th 2007, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

malagaman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flights within Spain - budget airline?

Hi there,
Apparantly THE area to visit/stay in is Las Ramblas and here is a good site with lots of reasonably priced accommodation www.barcelona30.com
We booked our flights with www.vueling.com and are paying about 30 euros return each from Malaga-Barcelona in June. Good luck
Old May 24th 2007, 6:57 pm
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ljj
I'm going over to UK from Oz next month and have looked into cheap flights to Malaga to see a friend looked at jet 2 - thats sorted no problem GBP75 from Manchester.
Question for those in Spain...is there a spanish airline for internal flights while I am there? I want to visit Barcelona on the way back to the UK we are really doing this trip on a budget so I would appreciate any help. Are there flights from Malaga to Barcelona? Is there a preference of airports in Barcelona as I believe there are a few airports.

Just to add another question - any particular area/hotel in Barcelona to recommend to stay? In mid 30's with 2 junior school age kids.

Thanking you in advance.

LJJ
You can also try clickair.com, they seem to be similar in price as those quoted by malagaman. Spanair.com are also started to be more competitive with flights and operate those routes. airberlin.com may be another alternative.
Old May 24th 2007, 8:58 pm
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you so much for your help if you ever need any info on Melbourne don't hesitate to get in touch.

LJJ
Old May 24th 2007, 9:29 pm
The Best Fed Scot

Lochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of lightLochy is a glorious beacon of light

No bother, hope you enjoy your trip!
Old May 24th 2007, 10:56 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ljj

Thanking you in advance.

LJJ
I would also recommend forgetting flights (Iberia is the National airline BTW) and look at rail- Spain has first class trains, including the 300+ kph 'AVE' going to many of the major destinations- which will get you there as quickly as a flight for 1/5 the cost. For example my wife traveled from Zaragoza to Madrid on the AVE for 40 euros and arrived in 1 hour. ( 320 km).

Check out http://horarios.renfe.es/hir/ingles.html
Old May 24th 2007, 11:02 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ironporer
I would also recommend forgetting flights (Iberia is the National airline BTW) and look at rail- Spain has first class trains, including the 300+ kph 'AVE' going to many of the major destinations- which will get you there as quickly as a flight for 1/5 the cost. For example my wife traveled from Zaragoza to Madrid on the AVE for 40 euros and arrived in 1 hour. ( 320 km).

I just don't think I could bring myself to go on a train that did that kind of speed!!
Old May 25th 2007, 1:16 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I just don't think I could bring myself to go on a train that did that kind of speed!!
You ain`t got so far to fall ;-)
Old May 25th 2007, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

searcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nicesearcher48 is just really nice

check on www.skyscanner.com they compare prices including all taxes etc which makes it much easier. Try different airports or put in a departure and leave destination to "any airport" in spain. some great deals around!
Old May 25th 2007, 1:26 am
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

When do they expect to extend the AVE to Barcelona? Anyone know?
Old May 25th 2007, 3:45 am
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithwalters
When do they expect to extend the AVE to Barcelona? Anyone know?
My wife says they are going to finish from MAD- BCN by the end of 2007. For now there is service on the Altaria and Alvia which takes appx 4-4.5 hours.
Old May 25th 2007, 10:46 am
Forum Regular

Nacnud is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ljj

Thanking you in advance.

LJJ
I stayed in the Pere IV hotel in Barcelona recently. It had free wi-fi access, it was clean and it had a car park. Reception also sorted out tickets for a match at the Nou Camp.
Old May 26th 2007, 10:04 am
Just Joined

weemac is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Flights within Spain - budget airline?

try www.rumbo.es

it is in spanish tho

cheers
Old May 27th 2007, 6:16 pm
ljj
BE Enthusiast

Thanks that would have been a nice option (after 24 hours from Oz it would be a change not to be on a plane!) It actually works out 3 times as expensive as the flights, afraid we are going to go for the cheap option.

Thank you everyone,
LJJ