Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Flights from Seville or Malaga to Heathrow

Flights from Seville or Malaga to Heathrow

Old Sep 15th 2008, 10:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Flights from Seville or Malaga to Heathrow

I am trying to find flights directly to Heathrow from the Seville or Malaga area (I live in Chiclana). It is fine going out as there is a BA flight which gets into Heathrow at 6 pm for our flight out to Singapore at 10 pm. However coming back is a different story as our flight from Singapore lands at 3.30 pm and the BA flight leaves in the morning. Anyone know of any other airline that goes directly to Malaga?
Old Sep 15th 2008, 10:33 am
Just Joined

SenorMacca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Flights from Seville or Malaga to Heathrow

Iberia maybe? Probably better off transferring to Gatwick or Stansted, should be plenty of flight to Malaga from there.

Edit: Just checked only BA fly to Malaga from Heathrow, try Gatwick or Stansted!

Last edited by SenorMacca; Sep 15th 2008 at 10:39 am.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SenorMacca
Iberia maybe? Probably better off transferring to Gatwick or Stansted, should be plenty of flight to Malaga from there.

Edit: Just checked only BA fly to Malaga from Heathrow, try Gatwick or Stansted!
Wanted to fly into Heathrow. If I have to do Gatwick or Stanstead better to do Jerez or Gib which are nearer. Thought by doing Malaga there would be plenty of flights.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 11:21 am
Just Joined

SenorMacca is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Wanted to fly into Heathrow. If I have to do Gatwick or Stanstead better to do Jerez or Gib which are nearer. Thought by doing Malaga there would be plenty of flights.
Doesn't look like it sorry, there should be plenty of transfer buses etc between gatwick and heathrow, pain I know but shouldn't be too bad overall.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
I am trying to find flights directly to Heathrow from the Seville or Malaga area (I live in Chiclana). It is fine going out as there is a BA flight which gets into Heathrow at 6 pm for our flight out to Singapore at 10 pm. However coming back is a different story as our flight from Singapore lands at 3.30 pm and the BA flight leaves in the morning. Anyone know of any other airline that goes directly to Malaga?
Have a look on Skyscanner. I have just had a quick look and there does not seem to be any directs to Malaga but there are a few via Paris or Madrid.

Obviously the schedules will change depending when you are flying
Old Sep 15th 2008, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

Jeanie27 is an unknown quantity at this point

It may be worth remembering that if you fly Ryanair to the UK that their luggage allowance is only 15kg and it's stricly enforced. I say Ryanair because Seville and Jerez have both been mentioned.

For a trip to Singapore (hazarding a guess that it's a 2 week holiday - excuse me if I'm wrong) 15kg is not a lot, especially if you are going to go shopping in Singapore. It may be worth paying the extra and going with BA unless you are going to either seriously restrict what you buy or are prepared to be stung for excess baggage.

I hope you manage to find a flight that suits you.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 9:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Flights from Seville or Malaga to Heathrow

Originally Posted by Jeanie27
It may be worth remembering that if you fly Ryanair to the UK that their luggage allowance is only 15kg and it's stricly enforced. I say Ryanair because Seville and Jerez have both been mentioned.

For a trip to Singapore (hazarding a guess that it's a 2 week holiday - excuse me if I'm wrong) 15kg is not a lot, especially if you are going to go shopping in Singapore. It may be worth paying the extra and going with BA unless you are going to either seriously restrict what you buy or are prepared to be stung for excess baggage.

I hope you manage to find a flight that suits you.
Checked hold luggage is 15kg but you are allowed 10kg carry on as well. Anything above that 25kg is paid for at extortionate excess rates.
Old Sep 15th 2008, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

I've never seen flights to Heathrow on the Seville airport departure board.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Flights from Seville or Malaga to Heathrow

Originally Posted by big wheels
I've never seen flights to Heathrow on the Seville airport departure board.
For a very short time when they first started Clickair took over some of Iberia slots and did Sevilla - Heathrow but that soon stopped and transferred to Gatwick.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Well thank you to everyone. I booked BA from Malaga to Heathrow with a stopover at Heathrow to get the morning flight the next day back to Spain. I also managed to balls it up and put in the day the Singapore flight landed rather than the next day. All because I had to do a new Visa verification on my credit card with BA and it kept getting blocked, so being a stress monkey it took me an hour to do and five minutes to find out that I had done it wrong and 100 euros to put it right. :curse: