Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Fitting Uk Sky Boxes In Spain

Fitting Uk Sky Boxes In Spain

Old Jul 31st 2005, 8:04 pm
Mortgage Wizard

Gill Stevens is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fitting Uk Sky Boxes In Spain

Does anyone know if the satelite guys out in Spain will fit our own SKY+ box with them just supplying the dish, LNB's (we know we will need 3 for the SKY+ and one other digibox in another room) plus doing the wiring up without us buying a dish from them?

I have read on another forum that they want you to purchase a box from them. We are just thinking about buying the new SKY+ box with 80 hours of recording time to take with us as I don't know if they are available out there or not.
Old Jul 31st 2005, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

mitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to beholdmitzipurr is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Fitting Uk Sky Boxes In Spain

Originally Posted by Gill Stevens
Does anyone know if the satelite guys out in Spain will fit our own SKY+ box with them just supplying the dish, LNB's (we know we will need 3 for the SKY+ and one other digibox in another room) plus doing the wiring up without us buying a dish from them?

I have read on another forum that they want you to purchase a box from them. We are just thinking about buying the new SKY+ box with 80 hours of recording time to take with us as I don't know if they are available out there or not.
You should have no trouble finding a company who will install a dish only, cabling and lnb in Spain. Bear in mind you will need a 1.3 meter dish though.

I think I am right in saying however that the new Sky+ with 80 hours of recording is not suitable for Southern Spain. However the old Sky+ with only 20 hours of recording works fine in Spain. If you want more recording space just fit a larger hard drive. Just look on ebay there are lots of Sky+ boxes and drives on there.Much cheaper then buying one here!

Hope the above is usefull.
Old Aug 1st 2005, 7:37 am
Just Joined

rogerb will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Fitting Uk Sky Boxes In Spain

I don't know where your property is, Gill, but I recommend you go to this website

http://digiboxes.billnot.com/

and contact its owner, Bill Hayles, who is the most knowledgeable person I know on the subject of satellite TV, and he will, I'm pretty sure, be prepared to advise you.

In my experience his advice is unbiased and not influenced by the fact that he sells digiboxes himself