marlandneil is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Fishing

Hi, Be gentle with me....first time user! I fancy doing a spot of sea-fishing
from the beach, near Rincon de la Victoria, I understand that I need a
License? so I'm thinking that I need the address of the Dept of Agriculture &
Fisheries in Malaga? Ta, Neil
Old Jan 6th 2009, 10:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fishing

Originally Posted by marlandneil
Hi, Be gentle with me....first time user! I fancy doing a spot of sea-fishing
from the beach, near Rincon de la Victoria, I understand that I need a
License? so I'm thinking that I need the address of the Dept of Agriculture &
Fisheries in Malaga? Ta, Neil

I wish someone would come up with a knowledgeable answer..... but if I were you I'd just get down there & fish, like I do with son#2.... I have a feeling it's only lakes/rivers that need permissions?
Old Jan 6th 2009, 11:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you do need a license. They can be obtained on line here.

http://www.telelicencia.com/

If only fishing from the beach and not a boat you need the "Licencia orilla" cost €43

And due to some "numpty" in the Junta de Andalucia lumping fishing in with hunting. You also need to take out relevant insurance when fishing in Andalucia, but not the rest of Spain.

Last edited by big wheels; Jan 6th 2009 at 11:38 pm.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 11:49 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by big wheels

If only fishing from the beach and not a boat you need the "Licencia orilla" cost €43

And due to some "numpty" in the Junta de Andalucia lumping fishing in with hunting. You also need to take out relevant insurance when fishing in Andalucia, but not the rest of Spain.
I see your point bigwheels I have a beach licence here in Catalonia its 15 euros per year. If you do not have a licence all your fishing gear is confiscated and you are fined.That is why the Police have the best equipped Sea angling team in Spain
Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:35 am
Forum Regular

bil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nice

Not heard that one before. Got any more info on the insurance?
Old Jan 7th 2009, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil.w
Not heard that one before. Got any more info on the insurance?

From the link above.

Documentación Necesaria:
NO HABILITADOS:
-Fotocopia del DNI
Fotocopia del seguro obligatorio de pesca (en caso de no tenerlo podrá adquirirlo en el apartado de seguros)
-Justificante de antigüedad como pescador en otras comunidades mediante certificado original o copia compulsada de un certificado de medio ambiente en el cual justifique que ha tenido al menos dos licencias de pesca entre los años 91 al 95. También pueden presentarse dos licencias originales de pesca de río de cualquier comunidad comprendidas entre los años 91 al 95.
Envíe los documentos originales a: TeleLicencia S.L. C/Corazón de María 68 1ºG Madrid 28002.

You also need proof that you are competent by sending an old UK license in your name, otherwise you have to take an exam!!

Last edited by big wheels; Jan 7th 2009 at 12:16 pm.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 5:48 pm
Forum Regular

bil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nicebil.w is just really nice

Colour me stupid, but nowhere there can I see anything that says you have to have insurance. If you look on sea fishing the only documents you need to send is a copy of your DNI. The section on insurance is labelled 'under construction'.

Can someone straighten that out please? The last time I got a sea fishing license it was just a question of going into a fishing shop with the relevant papers and no need for insurance at all.
Old Jan 7th 2009, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

guesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond reputeguesswork has a reputation beyond repute

Try this link

I have details for Huelva in Andulucia but this covers Andulucia in general

http://www.go-fishing-spain.com/Engl.../Andalucia.htm
Old Jan 7th 2009, 9:28 pm
Forum Regular

Ah, thanks for that. It must have come in since I got mine..
Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:23 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

From the link above.

Documentación Necesaria:
NO HABILITADOS:
-Fotocopia del DNI
Fotocopia del seguro obligatorio de pesca (en caso de no tenerlo podrá adquirirlo en el apartado de seguros)
-Justificante de antigüedad como pescador en otras comunidades mediante certificado original o copia compulsada de un certificado de medio ambiente en el cual justifique que ha tenido al menos dos licencias de pesca entre los años 91 al 95. También pueden presentarse dos licencias originales de pesca de río de cualquier comunidad comprendidas entre los años 91 al 95.
Envíe los documentos originales a: TeleLicencia S.L. C/Corazón de María 68 1ºG Madrid 28002.

You also need proof that you are competent by sending an old UK license in your name, otherwise you have to take an exam!!
An Exam to go fishing ???? How to put the bait on the hook ?
Old Jan 7th 2009, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jur
An Exam to go fishing ???? How to put the bait on the hook ?
It's no joke

here are examples of the type of questions you can be expected to answer .

http://www.pescaenred.com/servicios/per.examen2.htm

Last edited by big wheels; Jan 7th 2009 at 10:50 pm.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 5:40 pm
Forum Regular

F*** me ragged.
Old Jan 19th 2009, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Linken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really niceLinken1647 is just really nice

My husband obtained his fishing licence for beach casting just befoe christmas. He took his passport, his NIE and 20 Euros to the local Abogado. It was applied for and the card came through about 10 days later. It was really easy. I am sure that lots of people you see fishing from the shore do not have licences but for the sake of 20 Euros for a 3 year licence, it saves any hassle if you get caught
Old Jan 19th 2009, 1:09 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Saves all you gear being confiscated, which would p*ss me off to the max.

I know for certain that if I had no license, and was fishing on the beach along with 50 other people all of whom had no licenses, it would be me the Civi picked on.