Fishing

Old Jan 22nd 2008, 12:57 pm
Just Joined

twowheeler is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Fishing

I'm visit Oliva soon and thought I'd try my hand at fishing from the boulders that form the outer edge of the harbour. Does anyone know if I need a permit to fish from there or, for that matter, from any where into the sea?

Here's loking forward to some sun and warmth after a miserable, wet winter in Yorkshire.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 4:37 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fishing

Originally Posted by twowheeler
I'm visit Oliva soon and thought I'd try my hand at fishing from the boulders that form the outer edge of the harbour. Does anyone know if I need a permit to fish from there or, for that matter, from any where into the sea?

Here's loking forward to some sun and warmth after a miserable, wet winter in Yorkshire.
I've sat in the bar there and watched people go down there to fish ...... I doubt very much that any of them have a permit, and I've never seen anyone checking. You are after all fishing in the sea on public land

It was just a tad over 70 here today
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 6:30 pm
Forum Regular

tallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
It was just a tad over 70 here today
I'd move further south if I were you...........84 this afternoon
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 10:09 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tallbob
I'd move further south if I were you...........84 this afternoon
Yeah but you're living in a hole in the ground
Old Jan 23rd 2008, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

tallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nicetallbob is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Yeah but you're living in a hole in the ground

There I was, a-digging this hole
Hole in the ground, so big and sort of round it was
And there was I, digging it deep
It was flat at at the bottom and the sides were steep
When along comes this bloke in a bowler which he lifted and scratched his head
Well he looked down the hole, poor demented soul and he said

Do you mind if I make a suggestion?

Don’t dig there, dig it elsewhere
Your digging it round and it ought to be square
The shape of it’s wrong, it’s much much too long
And you can’t put hole where a hole don’t belong

I ask, what a liberty eh?
Nearly bashed him right in the bowler

Well there was I, stood in me hole
Shovelling earth for all that I was worth I was
And there was him, standing up there
So grand and official with his nose in the air
So I gave him a look sort of sideways and I leaned on me shovel and sighed
Well I lit me a fag and having took a drag I replied

I just couldn’t bear, to dig it elsewhere
I’m digging it round cos I don’t want it square
And if you disagree it doesn’t bother me
That’s the place where the holes gonna be

Well there we were, discussing this hole
Hole in the groud so big and sort of round it was
It’s not there now, the ground’s all flat
And beneath it is the bloke in the bowler hat
And that’s that
If you want any more classic song lyrics,just let me know
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 10:18 am
Just Joined

twowheeler is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Thanks for the reply M. Didn't get chance to check my mail since your reply until today. Had a great week in Oliva but no fishing, may be next time. Arrived back in England last night to -1C and woke up this morning to snow. What a contrast.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:15 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose it depends on your luck. You need one kind of license for rivers, and another for sea fishing. It doesn't cost too much, and if your luck runs out, you will have your gear confiscated. There are also rules about where you can fish around the harbours. I'm pretty sure that fishing within the harbour is verboten, and I have seen pics of HUGE shoals of mullet inside the harbour, all presumably laughing their heads off.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 4:17 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by twowheeler
Hi
Thanks for the reply M. Didn't get chance to check my mail since your reply until today. Had a great week in Oliva but no fishing, may be next time. Arrived back in England last night to -1C and woke up this morning to snow. What a contrast.
Its been near 70 today in Oliva ..... jst got back from a pleasant walk