Fish and chips

Old Mar 12th 2011, 2:01 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fish and chips

I like the cod in Scallops, better than some of the crap I have had in the UK and certainly cheaper. The last F and C we had in the UK was in Hastings and was a superb take away but half the size of Scallops and as expensive then as Scallops is now and that was five years ago. Used to buy from a chip shop in Bexhill but when F and C reached seven pounds eight years ago we gave up. Shame because they were good.
My biggest problem with Scallops is the disgusting state of the gents toilets, far worse than most of the Spanish cafes we go to.
Graham.

Last edited by Rosemary; Mar 12th 2011 at 2:02 pm. Reason: missed word
Old Mar 12th 2011, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

reggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud of
Default Re: Fish and chips

Originally Posted by lynnxa
Incodnito..........

how long ago?

it wasn't bad when the guy first took over, but we had a takeaway from there recently & it was awful - the fat in the fryers clearly hadn't beenchanged in a very long time

also the loos were filthy, all the pictures had gone off the walls - the place just looked nasty & neglected

talking to others who have also recently had take-away from there & it seems it wasn't just a one-off bad experience
Plus every time I pass by the place is empty. That says everything.