Fiscal Nomad?

Old Jan 29th 2007, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

BODGE71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fiscal Nomad?

I trade shares for a living and have been considering living in Spain for 5 months of the year (during winter). Does anybody know what the tax situation is with regards to personal share trading in Spain for that length of time every year? Would i be regarded as essentially running a business?
Old Jan 29th 2007, 6:51 pm
Just Joined

Marta & Javier is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Fiscal Nomad?

Originally Posted by BODGE71
I trade shares for a living and have been considering living in Spain for 5 months of the year (during winter). Does anybody know what the tax situation is with regards to personal share trading in Spain for that length of time every year? Would i be regarded as essentially running a business?
Dear Sir or Madam
You would not be considered as Spanish resident if you live in the Country for less than 180 days in a year.
Hope this is of interest for you.
Best wishes,
Marta Jiménez from Ayamonte, Huelva, Spain.

Last edited by jdr; Jan 29th 2007 at 7:04 pm. Reason: no advertising thanks
Old Jan 29th 2007, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

BODGE71 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fiscal Nomad?

Originally Posted by Marta & Javier
Dear Sir or Madam
You would not be considered as Spanish resident if you live in the Country for less than 180 days in a year.
Hope this is of interest for you.
Best wishes,
Marta Jiménez from in Ayamonte, Huelva, Spain.
that's great, thanks for the information. what are the property prices like in HUelva? is it warm enough to go walking or mountain biking in winter in the hills in huelva and/or malaga?

like most english people i don't speak spanish. would it be easy for me to find a spanish language school to learn?

Last edited by jdr; Jan 29th 2007 at 7:04 pm.