Reload this Page >

First School / Nursery in Oliva or Gandia

First School / Nursery in Oliva or Gandia

Old Apr 29th 2011, 1:29 pm
Just Joined

martom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default First School / Nursery in Oliva or Gandia

Hi Everybody,
I need help, I am probably moving with my family this summer to Gandia or Oliva prefer Oliva). Not sure right now. However I do not speak Spanish at all
I need information where should I put in my 2 small twin daughters - they are Born in November 2008, also they should be treated as three Years old children's. Do you can tell me any good primary school or nursery for them?
Do you have any idea how much it will cost ca. monthly?
Thank You for any Help....
Old Apr 29th 2011, 2:03 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: First School / Nursery in Oliva or Gandia

Originally Posted by martom
Hi Everybody,
I need help, I am probably moving with my family this summer to Gandia or Oliva prefer Oliva). Not sure right now. However I do not speak Spanish at all
I need information where should I put in my 2 small twin daughters - they are Born in November 2008, also they should be treated as three Years old children's. Do you can tell me any good primary school or nursery for them?
Do you have any idea how much it will cost ca. monthly?
Thank You for any Help....
Hi

your twins would be age-appropriate for infantil 3 in September - the equivalent of 1st year infants

state school would be free, apart from some bits & pieces such as books, pencils & so on

if there is space, they would go to the one nearest your home

as far as private nursery is concerned I can't help - I'm not quite local enough!
Old Apr 29th 2011, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Thank You for the information. Please tell where should I apply for the school? Do I need to contact any school separately or is there any service where I apply and they find a place in the nearest school?
Thanks
Old Apr 29th 2011, 2:25 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Thank You for the information. Please tell where should I apply for the school? Do I need to contact any school separately or is there any service where I apply and they find a place in the nearest school?
Thanks
In your area you need to go to the town hall and pick up an application form.

You fill this in putting your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices on the form.

You are then awarded points based on your circumstances (proximity to school, siblings already there, earnings etc.). These points then help when the ranking is done to see who gets in where.

Hope this helps.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by snikpoh
In your area you need to go to the town hall and pick up an application form.

You fill this in putting your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices on the form.

You are then awarded points based on your circumstances (proximity to school, siblings already there, earnings etc.). These points then help when the ranking is done to see who gets in where.

Hope this helps.
That means I can do nothing before I will be there? Do you know what is the closing date for application form? July will be to late?
Old Apr 29th 2011, 2:43 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

That means I can do nothing before I will be there? Do you know what is the closing date for application form? July will be to late?
no, you can't do anything til you're here

you have to go to the ayuntamientoor casa de cultura with padrón & all sorts of other paperwork - I know that sounds vague - but it can vary slightly from town to town

officially you might already be too late - the closing date is end of April in some areas, end of May in others - which doesn't mean you can't apply in July - just that you stand less chance of getting the school you want

the schools in fact will be closed by then - summer holidays are from mid June

but since applications are through the education dept that should make no difference
Old Apr 29th 2011, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by lynnxa
no, you can't do anything til you're here

you have to go to the ayuntamientoor casa de cultura with padrón & all sorts of other paperwork - I know that sounds vague - but it can vary slightly from town to town

officially you might already be too late - the closing date is end of April in some areas, end of May in others - which doesn't mean you can't apply in July - just that you stand less chance of getting the school you want

the schools in fact will be closed by then - summer holidays are from mid June

but since applications are through the education dept that should make no difference
Thank You, I wrote allready an email to ayuntamientoor casa de cultura in Oliva, hope they speak English This would be very bed if I don't get a place for my child's for the next year
Old Apr 29th 2011, 3:51 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Thank You, I wrote allready an email to ayuntamientoor casa de cultura in Oliva, hope they speak English This would be very bed if I don't get a place for my child's for the next year
good luck with that one - I'd be VERY interested to hear if you get a reply

it's a fiesta weekend here, so you for sure won't hear til tuesday
Old Apr 29th 2011, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

littlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud oflittlelambfound has much to be proud of

We live in Gandia, and quickly discovered that there is a points system here with regard to school placing. I should mention that there are 3 types of schools; private, state/church and public. All Spanish parents aim for the middle option, and with the points system, it means that we new peeps don't get a look-in (points gained for being Spanish, number of siblings attending already, if you pay Spanish taxes etc). The state/church option offers a much better level of education than the public schools. We ended up putting our mighty mite into a private school here when he was three (he spent a year in kindergarten which was around 350 Euro per month). The cost of his present school is around 400 Euros per month including lunch. I must say that this particular school is pretty full on with huge emphasis on class work with all other activities falling out of school hours.
Let me know via PM if you need any other info.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 7:42 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Well, having lived in the area for some years I have to tell you that this is not a tremendously English speaking area ..... so if you are dealing with the health system, the town hall or anything to do with bureaucracy then you are probably going to need a Spanish speaker with you.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 10:09 am
BE Forum Addict

johnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond reputejohnnyone has a reputation beyond repute

Have you had a look at the www.oliva.es website under municipal services then education?
May be of use.
ALso English is not that widely spoken in the town and even less at the town hall. Valenciana is the first language in the area generally.

I have a place in Oliva and thinks its a great town, but there again we all believe where we live is the best.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 4:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice

Sorry to be a pessimist but English isn't spoken much if at all at the Ayuntamiento in Oliva. As far as I know, if you want to deal with them succesfully you will need to communicate in Castellano or Valenciano.
Old May 1st 2011, 8:31 am
Just Joined

Thank You everybody, I will try to write an email in Castellano.
I hoped that in this region English were more famous....
Whatever, need to learn Spanish anyway.
By the way - are there any good language schools for foreigners in Oliva?
Old May 1st 2011, 9:43 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank You everybody, I will try to write an email in Castellano.
I hoped that in this region English were more famous....
Whatever, need to learn Spanish anyway.
By the way - are there any good language schools for foreigners in Oliva?
You have a few options
You can go to the town hall and they will tell you about the lessons that are arranged, which cost very little. Or you can go to Magnums Bar on the Paseo, where I am told there is a woman that gives regular lessons and does translations. A good teacher is Lynnxa on here, but you would have to travel to Javea for that
Old May 1st 2011, 9:51 am
¿Dónde estoy?

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
You have a few options
You can go to the town hall and they will tell you about the lessons that are arranged, which cost very little. Or you can go to Magnums Bar on the Paseo, where I am told there is a woman that gives regular lessons and does translations. A good teacher is Lynnxa on here, but you would have to travel to Javea for that
thanks Mitzy

most of my groups are pretty full at the moment - & beyond complete beginner stage, but I'll be starting a new beginner course in September

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.