Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Finding work in Andalucia Region of Mojacar Pueblo and Playa?

Finding work in Andalucia Region of Mojacar Pueblo and Playa?

Old Jun 15th 2010, 6:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finding work in Andalucia Region of Mojacar Pueblo and Playa?

Originally Posted by JLFS
Oh right, so because I told you of a differenct esperience ie impossilble to pay on the day, it is me just trying to prove that Spain is crap (your words, not and mine).

And dont you think that others have had some dealings in these matters too, ie manamama when she posted on here, and gave the opinion of her own children?
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, including me!

Maybe sports for kids in Spain are organised towards them getting good rather than for it to be fun. In which case that suits me. If you just want to play for fun you dont need a coach you can just play in the park or on the beach or rent out the facilities now and then to play with their friends/parents.

And you always talk Spain down, you constantly say how cr*p it is. I cant remember one positive thing you've ever said about Spain except how the weather is better. You may have Spanish relatives but you are just like so many other British expats, only here to lie in the sun.

That reminds me, a guy in Fuengirola once told me that guiris are like "moscas", here to eat sh*t and lie in the sun
Old Jun 15th 2010, 6:49 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman

Maybe sports for kids in Spain are organised towards them getting good rather than for it to be fun. In which case that suits me. If you just want to play for fun you dont need a coach you can just play in the park or on the beach or rent out the facilities now and then to play with their friends/parents.

And you always talk Spain down, you constantly say how cr*p it is. I cant remember one positive thing you've ever said about Spain except how the weather is better. You may have Spanish relatives but you are just like so many other British expats, only here to lie in the sun.

That reminds me, a guy in Fuengirola once told me that guiris are like "moscas", here to eat sh*t and lie in the sun
but he's Spanish..................................
Old Jun 15th 2010, 6:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
but he's Spanish..................................
His relatives are Spanish, but he was brought up in the UK from a young age. He can be any nationality he wants to be.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 7:47 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe sports for kids in Spain are organised towards them getting good rather than for it to be fun. In which case that suits me.

. You may have Spanish relatives but you are just like so many other British expats, only here to lie in the sun.

His relatives are Spanish, but he was brought up in the UK from a young age. He can be any nationality he wants to be.
There is really something mentally wrong with you, saying I can be any nationality I want to be. We are what we are, but of course only your OH and her family should be the only ones to have the right of being Spanish. That must be the most stupid, childish comment ever made on this forum and the prize goes to you.

I AM SPANISH. Lived in Spain till I was 7. So dont be such a prat. And I am just as Spanish as your OH or your father in law, so dont forget that.

All this started because a mother posted her opinion and I seconed it maybe if you werent so busy brown nosing to your Spanish OH and her relatives you may see some fault too.

Of course I understand your predicament, when you are butt licking on a n industrial scale obviously you dont want to upset the in laws.

Spain is also a great country, but noone can say anything about it that does not fit into the idealized view you have about it because if they do, you post comments like, "I hope you enjoy your move bqck to the UK" an such.

You may have all the theory about Spain but what I and others post is about real life, how children feel, what they go through, posts made by parents who know what it is like to have a stroppy teenager.

Whereas you the childless "child expert" contradict everything that is said. That is why you dont see why FUN is important to a child.

Of course future champions come from activities, but there is only 1 Nadal, but there are millions of kids who would love to knock a ball about on a court, who would never become even an average player, what about them.

Do you ever do anything that does not involve self-improvement, ie just for a lark.

If you say you do, i for one will not believe a word of it. You have made it clear on hear that everything you and you OH (Spanish and haer faimly) do or have done is with a specific goal in mind.

Which the irony is that is the opposite of what most people think of the Spanish, they go with the flow. Most folks say that they like the easy going Spanish attitude, well your lot(even your friends) sound like they are the opposite of the Spanish norm.

You dont know anyone who is "not doing well" for themselves, which is almost impossible, except in a TV series.

None have menial jobs or unemployed, yet you have made an in depth study so, you know how generous the Social security benefits are in Spain, but you dont know anyone who has ever had to seek them

You do know whatt children are dont you, they look like little people, but they are not midget or just short, they are children, they have not even thought about getting a good UNI degree in a sought after field as in engineering. They have more important issues on their mind, like getting the last sticker to stick on the school bag.

But of course the more anal amongst us would not understand that.
They are not interested in planning for the future and looking for a good investment for their pocket money, they would rather by green"slime" to play with.

They want to laugh, splash and fool around. When they go to the pool they want to stand on you shoulders, not imporove their backstoke time by 3 hundreths of a second.
'
Are you sure that you do not live in Stepford? (Stepford wives)

Last edited by JLFS; Jun 15th 2010 at 7:53 am.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 7:51 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

A gooooodddd point,but remember you are the guiri and the foreigner, not me
Old Jun 15th 2010, 8:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A gooooodddd point,but remember you are the guiri and the foreigner, not me
Guiri is a state of mind

I like your theories about me and my OH's family but they are not really true, in fact not true at all. And I do have a BIL who is unemployed, but that is more his own choice as he has turned down work to be the "housewife" if you like and doesnt want to go to work for less than 2k euros/month as he finds it insulting. That's his choice, I dont agree with him.

My OH always describes herself as Asturian, she wont even wear a Spain football top because of its associations with fascism. That's her choice, I dont agree with her .

I adore sport and always have done. I always play to have fun. If you improve at the same time even better!

I love the way you say you need to have children to know anything about them, you sound like a US politician or someone on a sales ad, it's a lame argument. There are lots of children in my extended family and we will have our own one day, plus I was one not long ago - still am, really, as you can see
Old Jun 15th 2010, 8:23 am

manamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of lightmanamama is a glorious beacon of light

Yes.you're entitled to your opinion....so am I.

I gave my opinion and related a personal experience on kids activities. As I have kids, I know what it's like for a British kid to live in Spain. I see and live through the day to day problems and difficulties they have.

I see what the classes are like..I sit through them. And I can assure you they are not fun..

Can you not accept that others see Spain differently to you or even know more than you on a particular subject ?

You do not have to jump to defend Spain...we live in Spain because we love Spain, but our eyes are not clouded as to difficulties and negative aspects.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 8:45 am
Banned

Guiri is a state of mind

I like your theories about me and my OH's family but they are not really true, in fact not true at all. And I do have a BIL who is unemployed, but that is more his own choice as he has turned down work to be the "housewife" if you like and doesnt want to go to work for less than 2k euros/month as he finds it insulting. That's his choice, I dont agree with him.

My OH always describes herself as Asturian, she wont even wear a Spain football top because of its associations with fascism. That's her choice, I dont agree with her .

I adore sport and always have done. I always play to have fun. If you improve at the same time even better!

I love the way you say you need to have children to know anything about them, you sound like a US politician or someone on a sales ad, it's a lame argument. There are lots of children in my extended family and we will have our own one day, plus I was one not long ago - still am, really, as you can see

You really do have to have children of your own to know that if anyone harms my child I will rip thier throat out with my bare teeth feeling.

I admist that I bacame a young father de "penalti". of course it would not happen to you being a condom, coil pill all together type of guy.

But teaching of looking after others children is nowhere near the same as having you own, you dont feel the pain or the joy.

As for my impression of you and your OH (Spanish) family, that is the one you have given me and there might be others too with that opinion..

Every opinion you have comes from asking your father in law, your mother in law and so on.

You know the salary of everyone in your extended family, 40k to 120k I think you posted, so how come your brother in law would work so cheap as 2k per month, 24k per annum, he would be a laughing stock in your circles, so it is better that he does stay at home to be the homemaker.

The family would disown him for letting the family down like that, only earning a pittance and sullying the family name. Not Gomez Acebo is it?
Old Jun 15th 2010, 8:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by manamama

I gave my opinion and related a personal experience on kids activities. As I have kids, I know what it's like for a British kid to live in Spain. I see and live through the day to day problems and difficulties they have.

I see what the classes are like..I sit through them. And I can assure you they are not fun..

Can you not accept that others see Spain differently to you or even know more than you on a particular subject ?

You do not have to jump to defend Spain...we live in Spain because we love Spain, but our eyes are not clouded as to difficulties and negative aspects.
Yes of course you're entitled to your opinion and your experience is completely valid

I was giving an alternative opinion based on my experience, that is all
Old Jun 15th 2010, 8:48 am
Banned

Originally Posted by manamama

Your avin a larf aintcha?
Old Jun 15th 2010, 8:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You really do have to have children of your own to know that if anyone harms my child I will rip thier throat out with my bare teeth feeling.

I admist that I bacame a young father de "penalti". of course it would not happen to you being a condom, coil pill all together type of guy.

But teaching of looking after others children is nowhere near the same as having you own, you dont feel the pain or the joy.

As for my impression of you and your OH (Spanish) family, that is the one you have given me and there might be others too with that opinion..

Every opinion you have comes from asking your father in law, your mother in law and so on.

You know the salary of everyone in your extended family, 40k to 120k I think you posted, so how come your brother in law would work so cheap as 2k per month, 24k per annum, he would be a laughing stock in your circles, so it is better that he does stay at home to be the homemaker.

The family would disown him for letting the family down like that, only earning a pittance and sullying the family name. Not Gomez Acebo is it?
Now you make assumptions of my contraceptive method, brilliant!

I know people's "rough" salaries, I have never asked them personally, but my OH knows because they have told her. Anyway, I cant get all my opinions from them, I only see them a few times a year, but I do listen. The family name is a very common one for the region, but there would be a divorce proceding if I ever mentioned it, they are not famous, only a little notorious in their home village, like most Spaniards are!

My BIL is the longterm boyfriend of my OH's sister (follow that?) He's a great guy, but he's too proud to work in a job that he feels is below him. He is lucky enough this is partner earns enough for him to choose to stay at home.

You make a lot of assumptions based on envy. If I say someone has a good job, gets paid well or is well educated you bite back with a put-down.

Don't worry, relax, there are loads of people who are better off than you out there, dont fight against it, and there will always be the odd one worse off than you as well
Old Jun 15th 2010, 9:37 am
Banned

Now you make assumptions of my contraceptive method, brilliant!

I know people's "rough" salaries, I have never asked them personally, but my OH knows because they have told her. Anyway, I cant get all my opinions from them, I only see them a few times a year, but I do listen. The family name is a very common one for the region, but there would be a divorce proceding if I ever mentioned it, they are not famous, only a little notorious in their home village, like most Spaniards are!

My BIL is the longterm boyfriend of my OH's sister (follow that?) He's a great guy, but he's too proud to work in a job that he feels is below him. He is lucky enough this is partner earns enough for him to choose to stay at home.

You make a lot of assumptions based on envy. If I say someone has a good job, gets paid well or is well educated you bite back with a put-down.

Don't worry, relax, there are loads of people who are better off than you out there, dont fight against it, and there will always be the odd one worse off than you as well
You are an ever bigger prat than I gave you credit for. The opposite is true, wenever ANYONE posts about a bit of hardship, you alway come out with the, if you have a good uni degree, if you speak good Spanish, it is not my fault I dont know any people with menial jobs, comments.

I live in a mixed community and see all the hardships around me, but you seem to live in the land of make believe, maybe because you have your head so far up your FIL bum, that you cannot see the wood for the trees.

Why do you think I envy you, admitted I dont have a good U NI degree, infact not even a bad one, but knowing what Spain is like from a very early age, we would never have come back here to live as some as the family have always lived- That is why my parents left in the first place, and as I said we wer hungry for a better life.

One of the advantages that our family had was living in the UK, sending money back to Galicia, as the difference then was enourmous, and investing that money in property and business, all this started 30 odd years ago.

Gambling is big business in Spain and the UK, and one of the methods is fruit machines, You dont have to have a good UNI degree in finance to know that they make money, that was my game, not playing them though.
I never wanted UNI but the fixing up of machines always was my thing.

I have seen people put tons of money in them, so it is a bit of a touchy subject because I do know a lot of -enganchados.

So dont presume that I am living on the breadline, because I am not or ever will.

So now that you do not have to worry about my financial situation anymore you can refrain from the drivel about envy.

As I have said before you have the same empathy with people who are not "doing well for themselves" as Marie Anotionette.

I have my family so I have nothing to envy you there, and when you have children of your own, you may even get a look in and have say in how they are brought up instead of running to your inlaws.

It might even make a man of you, because right now you sound like a silly little school boy with your " I am rich and you are poor" chant.

GROW UP and dont be plonker all your life, you have had long enough being one, give someone else a chance.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

So then, OP, what you reckon. Mojácar or maybe Turre next door?
Old Jun 15th 2010, 9:44 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Lenox
So then, OP, what you reckon. Mojácar or maybe Turre next door?

Or run for the hills?
Old Jun 15th 2010, 9:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You are an ever bigger prat than I gave you credit for. The opposite is true, wenever ANYONE posts about a bit of hardship, you alway come out with the, if you have a good uni degree, if you speak good Spanish, it is not my fault I dont know any people with menial jobs, comments.

I live in a mixed community and see all the hardships around me, but you seem to live in the land of make believe, maybe because you have your head so far up your FIL bum, that you cannot see the wood for the trees.

Why do you think I envy you, admitted I dont have a good U NI degree, infact not even a bad one, but knowing what Spain is like from a very early age, we would never have come back here to live as some as the family have always lived- That is why my parents left in the first place, and as I said we wer hungry for a better life.

One of the advantages that our family had was living in the UK, sending money back to Galicia, as the difference then was enourmous, and investing that money in property and business, all this started 30 odd years ago.

Gambling is big business in Spain and the UK, and one of the methods is fruit machines, You dont have to have a good UNI degree in finance to know that they make money, that was my game, not playing them though.
I never wanted UNI but the fixing up of machines always was my thing.

I have seen people put tons of money in them, so it is a bit of a touchy subject because I do know a lot of -enganchados.

So dont presume that I am living on the breadline, because I am not or ever will.

So now that you do not have to worry about my financial situation anymore you can refrain from the drivel about envy.

As I have said before you have the same empathy with people who are not "doing well for themselves" as Marie Anotionette.

I have my family so I have nothing to envy you there, and when you have children of your own, you may even get a look in and have say in how they are brought up instead of running to your inlaws.

It might even make a man of you, because right now you sound like a silly little school boy with your " I am rich and you are poor" chant.

GROW UP and dont be plonker all your life, you have had long enough being one, give someone else a chance.
If you read carefully, you will see that I havent said that you are poor, nor have I said I am rich. I've just noticed that you seem to be a bit touchy about the subject because a lot of your posts tend to come back to this subject.

I dont know how much you earn in relation to me and I dont care either.

But I will reply when people say that children have no future in Spain because education is cr*p, there are no good jobs and everyone gets paid 1000 euros a month. This is absolute rubbish. If someone says it is harder in Spain to get a good professional job than in the UK, then I would agree, but it is nowhere near impossible!

That's it, I promise not to go off topic any longer L)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.