Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Finding rented accomodation in Spain

Finding rented accomodation in Spain

Old Jun 13th 2007, 9:31 am
Just Joined

kafkaesque is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finding rented accomodation in Spain

I've just returned from a week's holiday in Alicante and I'm more determined than ever to try living in Spain. However, I've only recently set up my own buisness and don't have much money in the bank. Therefore, I'll be looking for rented accomodation for the first couple of years at least. My question is : is it difficult to find? I've read that there is a huge shortage in apartments for rent in Spain. I looked in the windows at the estate agents in Alicante and they were nearly all properties for sale. I've also looked at a few sites on the net but can only really find short term rentals on the costa.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 10:37 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finding rented accomodation in Spain

Originally Posted by kafkaesque
I've just returned from a week's holiday in Alicante and I'm more determined than ever to try living in Spain. However, I've only recently set up my own buisness and don't have much money in the bank. Therefore, I'll be looking for rented accomodation for the first couple of years at least. My question is : is it difficult to find? I've read that there is a huge shortage in apartments for rent in Spain. I looked in the windows at the estate agents in Alicante and they were nearly all properties for sale. I've also looked at a few sites on the net but can only really find short term rentals on the costa.
If you are searching in English you will probably only find holiday lets, search in Spanish for the long term ones.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 1:36 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

There are plenty of estate agents round here that have long term rentals as well as sales. Plenty of houses ans apartments for long term rent, basically from about 400 euros a month upwards depending on what you are looking for.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 1:41 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Try.....

http://www.kyero.com/browse/pgn1ppp20prv3slt1srt4

Or......

http://alicante.loquo.com/?fix=1
Old Jun 13th 2007, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

We are near Benidorm - all the local estate agents have plenty of properties to let and I do mean long term. May I suggest that you leave the English websites alone and come out for a long weekend and do a recce?
Old Jun 13th 2007, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

kafkaesque is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies, they are very helpful and encouraging. I looked at the links and it seems that I won't have such a difficult time flat hunting as I feared!
Old Jun 14th 2007, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

Sugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of lightSugarlugs is a glorious beacon of light

Hi it may also be worth checking these websites in the classifieds:
Roundtown News. Coastrider . and Costa Blanca News there are always loads of properties for rent with out having to pay agents fees too.