Reload this Page >

Finding pub/restaurant work and somewhere to stay in Benidorm

Finding pub/restaurant work and somewhere to stay in Benidorm

Old Apr 9th 2007, 2:41 pm
Just Joined

radiostephan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finding pub/restaurant work and somewhere to stay in Benidorm

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to get away to Benidorm for maybe a year or so, earning money by working in a British pub/cafe/restaurant. I have a GNVQ in Hospitality and Catering, I'm hoping that might help.

I wondered if anyone could tell me the best way to find a job like this and also where I could find a place to rent or find someone to share a place with.

I've looked around on the net, but I haven't had much luck, I'm guessing the best way to do it is to just hop on a flight out there and see what I can find?

If anyone has any advice or info for me, I'd really appriciate it.

Thanks for your time everyone and all the best!

Steve.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice
Default Re: Finding pub/restaurant work and somewhere to stay in Benidorm

Originally Posted by radiostephan
Hi everyone,

I'm looking to get away to Benidorm for maybe a year or so, earning money by working in a British pub/cafe/restaurant. I have a GNVQ in Hospitality and Catering, I'm hoping that might help.

I wondered if anyone could tell me the best way to find a job like this and also where I could find a place to rent or find someone to share a place with.

I've looked around on the net, but I haven't had much luck, I'm guessing the best way to do it is to just hop on a flight out there and see what I can find?

Steve.
look on job centre plu web site they have jobs in spain. Was one on the other week ofering free accomodation, flight out, meals whilst at work and all your tips but no wage. Probably could manage on that mainland spain quite cheap.
Old Apr 9th 2007, 2:57 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Look at this site...HERE
Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

jeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nicejeanc is just really nice

Originally Posted by radiostephan
Hi everyone,

Steve.
Go to www.thinkspain.com loads of information there, properties to rent/buy also jobs. good luck
Old Apr 11th 2007, 11:48 am
Aussie wannabe!!

LoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really niceLoobyLoo! is just really nice

I lived/ worked there for 2 years during all seasons and still have many friends out there.

To be honest the decent jobs are a matter of who you know not what you know, and as an english person you will always be at the bottom of the list when it comes to contracts etc.

That said, we had the time of our lives out there, if you are happy to work in the bars etc, you just go round them and ask for a job, everyone does it. Jobs are very easy to come by in the height of season a matter of "yeah start tonight" only downside is you are very indespensible and easily replaced should you have time off etc.

We booked an appartment for 4 weeks ready for when we arrived, holiday and short term lets are easy to get, long term ones usually require a spanish bank account, one months deposit, two months up front and a year contract but are cheaper to rent.

I have a couple of contacts for you, tel no etc should you require them and can advise you of places/jobs to stay clear of. Just let me know.

You will have the time of your life there, i miss it loads, we planned to stay there but couldnt get the jobs/contracts required for mortgages etc so ended up coming home

Good luck and enjoy!