Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Finding Part Time Work North Costa Blanca

Finding Part Time Work North Costa Blanca

Old Jan 20th 2006, 8:44 am
Just Joined

Rachels2000 has a brilliant futureRachels2000 has a brilliant futureRachels2000 has a brilliant futureRachels2000 has a brilliant futureRachels2000 has a brilliant futureRachels2000 has a brilliant futureRachels2000 has a brilliant future
Default Finding Part Time Work North Costa Blanca

Hello
I own a house near Denia and want to sell up here in the Uk and move out to Denia full time .My savings in the bank would generate enough income to cover cost of living but not quite enough to cover inflation.So I was hoping I could get a part time job, say cleaning holiday homes or gardening for people with holiday homes.Anything that would earn that extra to cover the rate of inflation so my money pot does not go down and down over the years.I would be happy if I could earn £1000 a year or £1500 doing part time work.My husband could also work and earn say just £1000 a year.That would be plenty enough to cover the inflation rate each year and protect the value of our savings in the bank going down over the years.
So I am trying to find out are such jobs easy to find?I would do anything , washing plates, cleaning, gardening, decorating, etc.After say 10 years we would then retire and the money pot would then last us the rest of our lives.I am only 34 and hubby 41.Am I being silly or could I find part time work like I have listed ok?
Thanks
Rachel.
Old Jan 22nd 2006, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

countryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the roughcountryboy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Finding Part Time Work North Costa Blanca

Originally Posted by Rachels2000
Hello
I own a house near Denia and want to sell up here in the Uk and move out to Denia full time .My savings in the bank would generate enough income to cover cost of living but not quite enough to cover inflation.So I was hoping I could get a part time job, say cleaning holiday homes or gardening for people with holiday homes.Anything that would earn that extra to cover the rate of inflation so my money pot does not go down and down over the years.I would be happy if I could earn £1000 a year or £1500 doing part time work.My husband could also work and earn say just £1000 a year.That would be plenty enough to cover the inflation rate each year and protect the value of our savings in the bank going down over the years.
So I am trying to find out are such jobs easy to find?I would do anything , washing plates, cleaning, gardening, decorating, etc.After say 10 years we would then retire and the money pot would then last us the rest of our lives.I am only 34 and hubby 41.Am I being silly or could I find part time work like I have listed ok?
Thanks
Rachel.
Hello Rachel.
Have you tried looking/Advertising in the costa Blanca News for jobs, Its the biggest English News paper on the costa Blanca, there are loads of people looking/wanting those type of jobs every week. If you want to broaden your horizons learn to Speak Spanish, and Spain woould be very open for you and Hubby.

David SR
Old Jan 23rd 2006, 3:20 pm
Darren Carter

Smile Re: Finding Part Time Work North Costa Blanca

Hello, try the going to google/yahoo/search.com, search engines, type in the costa blanca news and have a look in the job section there, also try the CB Friday. There are weekly, bi weekly english columns and should have a variety of jobs in there, I am sure you can find something. regards Dc.

Old Jan 23rd 2006, 3:30 pm
GCM
Forum Regular

GCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant future

Hi Rachel

I don't see any problem at all finding part-time work - by the way I live nearby in Javea - there are plenty of jobs if you have a good outgoing character - but it does depend if you are prepared to do anything and not be stuck up about it and you don't come across as if you are.

If you have money the Costa Blanca is a wonderful place, sadly many people struggle and end up moving back to England - you already have a head-start with your income on your savings - that's a great cushion.

Regards

Mark
Old Jan 24th 2006, 10:56 am
Just Joined

serrae is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by countryboy
Hello Rachel.
Have you tried looking/Advertising in the costa Blanca News for jobs, Its the biggest English News paper on the costa Blanca, there are loads of people looking/wanting those type of jobs every week. If you want to broaden your horizons learn to Speak Spanish, and Spain woould be very open for you and Hubby.

David SR
My advice would be do a UK college based catering course before you go.
There are loads of jobs in 'English'restaurants for good cooks. They are paid quite well and you can work part-time too.
It would not take you long to train and you could soon find work in Spain where there is a Brit community.
Old Jan 30th 2006, 8:50 am
GCM
Forum Regular

GCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant future

A course would be good but not necessary. If you are just looking for an extra £1000 a year there are all sorts of possibilities: villa cleaning, being a rep. for a villa rental company, estate agency work, telesales, working in shops, sales jobs - or you could even start your own business.

Mark
Old Feb 8th 2006, 3:14 pm
Banned

beccy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Rachel

My partner and i are also thinking of moving to the Costa Blanca (around Moraira) having just sold our house in surrey. It would be good to hear how you get on and get any tips you may have learnt!

There are so many awful stories about buying in spain, have you had any problems with your property in Denia?

thanks

Beccy

Originally Posted by Rachels2000
Hello

Thanks
Rachel.