Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

find out movistar phone number

find out movistar phone number

Old Mar 29th 2010, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold
Default find out movistar phone number

When I was out in Spain I bought a pay as you go Movistar phone and sim as I had some calls to make, all my text messages are in spanish and I am not strong enough with my Spanish to translate them.

The lady in the shop omitted to tell me the only copy of my number was on the box (thought it was on sim packet) and as space was tight in my case when I flew home I threw the box out. I now need to add credit to the phone and I am stuck as I have not got the number .

Is there any way of recovering the number without calling anyone as I have not got enough credit to make a call. It is a bit like chicken and the egg, to find the number I need to make a call, to make a call need some credit, to get the credit I need the number .

Can anyone help, at my witts end, had to buy yet another new phone last time I was out just so I could make some calls. Mind this time did keep the box as we drove to spain.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 7:16 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: find out movistar phone number

Not sure if *hash100hash press call, will work on Spanish phones.

Did you not phone someone who may of kept your number ?
Old Mar 29th 2010, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

petew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nicepetew is just really nice

Have you asked the shop where you bought the phone to help you?
Old Mar 29th 2010, 9:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

jay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to beholdjay01 is a splendid one to behold

Made a few calls but they were all business calls and back in December so the word fat chance no chance comes to mind, did try going into the movistar shop about a week ago when I was there and their answer was NO - got to buy a new phone (19E) or a new sim card (17E) guess the new phone won.

Will have to try the hash 100 hash when I am back out there at the end of April, but grateful of any ideas at the moment, failing that will have to recycle it.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 9:13 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jay01
Made a few calls but they were all business calls and back in December so the word fat chance no chance comes to mind, did try going into the movistar shop about a week ago when I was there and their answer was NO - got to buy a new phone (19E) or a new sim card (17E) guess the new phone won.

Will have to try the hash 100 hash when I am back out there at the end of April, but grateful of any ideas at the moment, failing that will have to recycle it.
Put a star * before the first hash though.
Is the phone in Spain, if not try it in UK.
Old Mar 29th 2010, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Were in the UK at the moment, tried the *#100# but has just come up with "La peticion recibida es erronea" which I assume is basically not recognised error.

Will try the same thing back in Spain
Old Mar 29th 2010, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Have a search through the menus and see if you can find anything that says something like Num propio / Numero prop.

That will be your number.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Val001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry I can't help with this one. I too bought a movistar pay as you go phone but was made aware of the no. Surely someone in the shop could look at the phone for you it must be there somewhere.

On a different tack can anyone tell me how you check your balance. I can top up through my bank but don't know how to check how much credit is left. My spanish isn't very good yet either.
Old Mar 30th 2010, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

OK forget last question as have found out the answer from this site which may help Jay01 as well.

http://www.lanzaroteinformation.com/...ation-movistar

Val
Old Mar 30th 2010, 3:02 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Val001
OK forget last question as have found out the answer from this site which may help Jay01 as well.

http://www.lanzaroteinformation.com/...ation-movistar

Val
Please note that I think this web site is out-of-date!

133 has been removed by Movistar and replaced with 2266 (I think) - this now costs!
Old Mar 30th 2010, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Is it still * before and # after do you know?
Old Mar 30th 2010, 6:30 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Is it still * before and # after do you know?
Yep, I was wrong. You used to be able to dial 133 and then get an SMS with your credit balance - this no longer works.

Using *133# works fine and you get an instant response - not sure how much it costs though.
Old Mar 31st 2010, 10:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Yep, I was wrong. You used to be able to dial 133 and then get an SMS with your credit balance - this no longer works.

Using *133# works fine and you get an instant response - not sure how much it costs though.
Thanks for that. I may have to use it anyway if thats the only way to find out balance. Can top up with bank account no problem.

Old Apr 4th 2010, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that. I may have to use it anyway if thats the only way to find out balance. Can top up with bank account no problem.

erm... call a land line.. and write down the number?
Old Apr 5th 2010, 8:43 am
Retired and loving it!

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
erm... call a land line.. and write down the number?
... only if you pay for caller ID

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.