Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Finca in sayalonga

Finca in sayalonga

Old Aug 9th 2005, 9:27 pm

Technical is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finca in sayalonga

Hi All,
We have recently returned from signing the papers and the audience with the local notary.It was quite daunting but we now own a house (Finca) in Sayalonga, I should say we now own some rubble in Sayalonga.
We know what we want to do with it, but have we made a mistake?!!!
I would be interested to hear others experiences, advise is most welcome.
Old Aug 9th 2005, 10:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really niceLoco is just really nice
Default Re: Finca in sayalonga

If you took sound advice, did your own research, costed everything properly and understand yourselves it is highly unlikely you made a mistake. Converting rubble to your dream house is never easy in the UK let alone anywhere else.

Spain is very complex and changing fast.

So long as you have clear title, services are on site, you don't want to make the original building much larger and the building is actually registered for general human habitation, not argicul and not for cows or tools you should be fine.

If you are not clear on any on these matters email me off the forum with details of what you have bought, who you bought it from, what existing licences it had, any permission it had and what you wanted to do it and DONT INVEST A SINGLE PENNY OR CENT MORE. ( If you can scan and attach any docs to me as it would be helpful.) I am no expert but I can then point you to sites, laws, forums that maybe of help.

If you are clear on the issues above let me know and I can look out some sites that should help you create a dream.

Best of luck!

Loco

Originally Posted by Technical
Hi All,
We have recently returned from signing the papers and the audience with the local notary.It was quite daunting but we now own a house (Finca) in Sayalonga, I should say we now own some rubble in Sayalonga.
We know what we want to do with it, but have we made a mistake?!!!
I would be interested to hear others experiences, advise is most welcome.