Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Final call? Spain: register your residency

Final call? Spain: register your residency

Old Oct 11th 2020, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

NABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Final call? Spain: register your residency

And for those that have received their TIE it would be wise to check the wording. My wife and mine have incorrect wording at the bottom. They state "Residence card of a family member of a union citizen". Apparently this was spotted after they were being issued and the change made to correct the wording.

How soon the cards with incorrect wording will be replaced will probably down to the local authorities. In Andalucia the booking delay for applications seems to be stretching towards November so if issuing replacement cards requires appointments/fingerprinting etc then it's unlikely to happen in the immediate future.
Old Oct 11th 2020, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I noticed this wording on mine and thought what does that mean...
Old Oct 11th 2020, 10:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

I believe from what I have read that they are well aware of this error and have said that the cards are legal with no plans to replace them. My wifes does in fact appears to be correct.
Old Oct 11th 2020, 10:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joppa
It may be of interest to some that I applied online through a gestor at Malaga Extranjeria 4 weeks ago for TIE (first-time applicant, no green certificate) and my application hasn't yet been approved. With less than 12 weeks to the end of the transition period, it's getting incredibly tight for those yet to apply, esp if you need to exchange your driving licence, which must be initiated before the year's end and trafico requires TIE or green certificate.
Extranjeria has now approved my application for temporary residence for 5 years, so it took 4 weeks. Next step is appointment at central police station in Malaga when appointments for November are released at the end of October. I have been told a criminal organisation has been stealing appointments and selling them on for a huge price, hence difficulty in booking appointment.

Last edited by Joppa; Oct 11th 2020 at 11:21 am.
Old Oct 11th 2020, 1:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Joppa
Extranjeria has now approved my application for temporary residence for 5 years, so it took 4 weeks. Next step is appointment at central police station in Malaga when appointments for November are released at the end of October.
That's good news, 2nd phase is very straight forward doesn't take long at all.
Old Oct 11th 2020, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
I believe from what I have read that they are well aware of this error and have said that the cards are legal with no plans to replace them. My wifes does in fact appears to be correct.
OK good news, where did it say that?
Old Oct 11th 2020, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I read about it on a few forums
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...22269771210763

Old Oct 11th 2020, 9:20 pm
Banned

thegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond repute

A Couple I know both got the wrong wording on their cards week before last and when they went back and spoke to someone in the Torre del Mar office they were told they'd have to reapply once they'd identified how many people were affected and there would be a press release to all relevant outlets and would probably be in early to mid November on the process to be used. How factual the info they were given is...well we'll see.
Old Oct 13th 2020, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

NABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond reputeNABman has a reputation beyond repute

Checked with our Gestor today. Apparently those who have received the cards with the incorrect wording will have had a note added to the Police records acknowledging the fact. Nothing changes, all rights as of now will be retained after 31.12.2020. There is apparently no plan to change the cards as of this time. The 5years validity vs 10 years is down to previous residency period and not the incorrect card matter.
Old Oct 23rd 2020, 10:27 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
I have no idea what the procedure is should one lose a Green card or TIE card.
You have to report the green certificate(/card/TIE) as lost or stolen at the police station and get a crime report. Once you've done that you apply to renew the green certificate in the usual way and show them the crime report instead of the certificate.

For a bullet list of what is needed (it is a simple exchange procedure and nobody should be asked for anything else unless something is wrong with their original residency), go to the reservation website:

https://sede.administracionespublica...ieb/index.html

Choose the province on the first page and choose the Brexit (second-to-last) option in the second drop-down on the second page. Before you reserve an interview time you'll get shown a list of exactly what you need to bring to the interview.

I had to try every morning for a few weeks to get an interview slot at the police station I wanted.

Last edited by DLC; Oct 23rd 2020 at 10:52 pm.
Old Oct 24th 2020, 9:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DLC
You have to report the green certificate(/card/TIE) as lost or stolen at the police station and get a crime report. Once you've done that you apply to renew the green certificate in the usual way and show them the crime report instead of the certificate.

For a bullet list of what is needed (it is a simple exchange procedure and nobody should be asked for anything else unless something is wrong with their original residency), go to the reservation website:

Choose the province on the first page and choose the Brexit (second-to-last) option in the second drop-down on the second page. Before you reserve an interview time you'll get shown a list of exactly what you need to bring to the interview.

I had to try every morning for a few weeks to get an interview slot at the police station I wanted.
Thanks for that useful information. Handy to know just in case.
Old Oct 24th 2020, 1:20 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DLC

What do you choose from the 1st drop-down if not working here?
Old Oct 26th 2020, 6:38 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
What do you choose from the 1st drop-down if not working here?
If you've already got residency it doesn't matter if you're not working, use the same option, you're just exchanging the green certificate/card for the TIE. You don't have to do it by the end of this year and they don't even want to see a work contract.

If you've not got residency, you've got to apply this year as if you were an EU Citizen, but you'll get a TIE. That's the "Policía - Certificados UE (Exclusivamente para Reino Unido)" option. If that option isn't there in your province then choose "Policía- Certificados UE".

If you apply next year then you'll have no other choice other than to apply as an extranjero which is not as easy as applying as an EU citizen and to be honest I've got no idea about how to go about doing that. I guess if you follow a guide aimed at e.g. Americans, Canadians, Australians or New Zealanders applying for residency in Spain then it'll be similar for a Brit.