Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Final call? Spain: register your residency

Final call? Spain: register your residency

Old Sep 11th 2020, 11:01 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Final call? Spain: register your residency

Gov.UK issues update

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/residenc...tent=immediate
Old Sep 11th 2020, 11:54 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Final call? Spain: register your residency

And regarding changing from the green form to TIE, it categorically says you do not have to do so. Contrary to some info coming from some town halls, there is no time limit for this option.
Old Sep 11th 2020, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Totally agree Fred and maybe my 'Final call' was unintentionally misleading (it was aimed at maybe UK Gov's last update on this topic)
Old Sep 11th 2020, 3:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fred James
And regarding changing from the green form to TIE, it categorically says you do not have to do so. Contrary to some info coming from some town halls, there is no time limit for this option.
I think there is a lot of scare mongering re this point. I had a gestor try and say it was compulsory to change after 31 Dec, allegedly from local police? I pointed out that both spanish and UK government Web sites in their guidance said it was an option but not actually required as green residencia still applies with no time limit. I sent the gestor both links, they then said yes not a requirement but just advising you that we can do the exchange for you! Which wasn't what they had initially implied. At the end of the day all other EU citizens are still using the green card and we were EU citizens when issued it.
Old Sep 11th 2020, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bound to be some scallywags who try to generate some business out of it as well as those that genuinely don't understand the options.
Old Sep 11th 2020, 4:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spainrico
Bound to be some scallywags who try to generate some business out of it as well as those that genuinely don't understand the options.
Yes taking the opportunity of confusion or simply confused themselves. It is quite clear on both Government Web sites that you can change to TIE if you wish but it is not mandatory for those with green card or A4 sheet.
Old Sep 11th 2020, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

inbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobd22
I think there is a lot of scare mongering re this point. I had a gestor try and say it was compulsory to change after 31 Dec, allegedly from local police? I pointed out that both spanish and UK government Web sites in their guidance said it was an option but not actually required as green residencia still applies with no time limit. I sent the gestor both links, they then said yes not a requirement but just advising you that we can do the exchange for you! Which wasn't what they had initially implied. At the end of the day all other EU citizens are still using the green card and we were EU citizens when issued it.
Well they want you to do it through them don´t they. So they can charge you. Everyone seems to try to rip you off here unless you are savvy enough to know a little about r
ules and regulations.
Old Sep 11th 2020, 4:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by inbarcelona
Well they want you to do it through them don´t they. So they can charge you. Everyone seems to try to rip you off here unless you are savvy enough to know a little about r
ules and regulations.
Yes very true
Old Sep 21st 2020, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

Ewany200 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes taking the opportunity of confusion or simply confused themselves. It is quite clear on both Government Web sites that you can change to TIE if you wish but it is not mandatory for those with green card or A4 sheet.
I went to extranjería and was told similar information. Also of note the A4 sheets are no longer given out, just small green paper cards, but they are both recognized equally.
Old Sep 22nd 2020, 6:45 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ewany200
I went to extranjería and was told similar information. Also of note the A4 sheets are no longer given out, just small green paper cards, but they are both recognized equally.

I was under the impression that small green cards are no longer issued, and you have to get a TIE if you are applying for residencia?

Old Sep 22nd 2020, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

ONLY TIE cards are issued now to Brits.
Old Sep 28th 2020, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

Ewany200 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spainrico
ONLY TIE cards are issued now to Brits.
Even if you lose your EU green paper and need a replacement?

Does the TIE have any benefits? are we granted permanent residence regardless of which we have, or do we need to satisfy any criteria? (like having a work contract etc)

I have the green paper, but have had it for years.
Old Sep 28th 2020, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

The replacement is the TIE - NO more green papers will be issued.

Regarding benefits depends on your view and I think they have all been covered in this thread.
Old Sep 28th 2020, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Yes very true
Been here 2.5 years and nobody tried to rip me off yet.

Seems to me far too many abandon their common sense and caution at the ferry or airport on the way out of UK.

There's an old adage which says "you can't cheat an honest man" and it's very true.
Old Sep 29th 2020, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ewany200
Even if you lose your EU green paper and need a replacement?

Does the TIE have any benefits? are we granted permanent residence regardless of which we have, or do we need to satisfy any criteria? (like having a work contract etc)

I have the green paper, but have had it for years.

Yes. No more green papers ever no how never ever at all ever. When you go for "residency" now you get a TIE card.

That is yet to be "proven" - the first people have started to apply for TIE cards .. we´ll see the result. The rules say the cant ask for proof - if you have already got permanent residency - but we´ll see when people actually go for the 1st and second "meetings".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.