Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The father of Spanish Democracy.

The father of Spanish Democracy.

Old Mar 23rd 2014, 6:08 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute
Default The father of Spanish Democracy.

http://elpais.com/elpais/2014/03/22/...92_540772.html
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

MoraledaPhil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The father of Spanish Democracy.

A sad day for democracy and for Spain.

I was much too young to remember him from the time, but my Andalucian grandfather regarded him as a Spanish hero, and he was the greatest judge of character I've ever had the pleasure to meet.

So, may God rest his soul. RIP.
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

I found it rather distasteful that after his son announced that doctors had only given Suarez 48hrs to live all the tv channels had reporters camped outside the hospital, all hoping to be first to break news of his death. It must have been very upsetting for the family. Antena tres even started their tribute to him by showing the Suarez tv biography made in 2010 on Friday evening. Talk about jumping the gun

RIP.
Old Mar 25th 2014, 1:55 pm
Just Joined

MoraledaPhil is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems the press lack the same morals whichever country you're in.

The irony being, of course, they only exist because of what he achieved in office.
Old Mar 25th 2014, 4:31 pm
jjh
BE Enthusiast

jjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond reputejjh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by big wheels
I found it rather distasteful that after his son announced that doctors had only given Suarez 48hrs to live all the tv channels had reporters camped outside the hospital, all hoping to be first to break news of his death. It must have been very upsetting for the family. Antena tres even started their tribute to him by showing the Suarez tv biography made in 2010 on Friday evening. Talk about jumping the gun

RIP.
That sort of thing happened when Nelson Mandela was first taken into hospital, for the last time. I saw an interview with one of his daughters and she was really upset about it.

I suppose that´s the price you have to pay when you´ve achieved something spectacular in this world.