Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Faro Airport Transfer

Faro Airport Transfer

Old Jun 19th 2015, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

shep103 will become famous soon enoughshep103 will become famous soon enough
Default Faro Airport Transfer

I've just got back from 2 weeks in Spain and didn't want the expense of car hire and insurance so decided to try a taxi. I used Esuri Taxi and must say it was a relaxing experience. Phil met me at the airport and at my apartment for the return trip. Not once did I have any concern that I may be let down. There was no language barrier and I changed the time of my return pick up easily on email. I can thoroughly recommend this service. Just to add, I have no commercial interest in this company. I'm just a very satisfied user.

Steve
Old Jun 19th 2015, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all
Default Re: Faro Airport Transfer

How much did a return trip to the airport cost?
Old Jun 19th 2015, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

[QUOTE=Kath Las Colinas;11679735]How much did a return trip to the airport cost?[/QUOTE
I would be interested to know the going price too. Also any information on the airport bus service. Sometimes referred to as the green bus.]
Old Jun 20th 2015, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

shep103 will become famous soon enoughshep103 will become famous soon enough

I would suggest you contact Esuri Taxi if you want a quote.

I have used Green Bus in the past and have had good and bad experiences. The worst was when they arranged for a licenced Portuguese taxi to pick me up instead of their drivers. The guy couldn't find me. I called their emergency number. That guy was not very helpful. When the taxi finally arrived he couldn't speak a word of English and took me via the N125 to save the 5 euro toll. I then spent the journey looking under and at the back axles of lorries that he was overtaking. I was shaking when I got to the airport. I also don't like the fact that you have to confirm your pick up with Green Bus despite having paid for the journey.

Steve
Old Jun 21st 2015, 4:23 am
Just Joined

alice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant future

Has anyone used the train service from Faro to Albuferia? Please.
Old Jun 21st 2015, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by alice57
Has anyone used the train service from Faro to Albuferia? Please.
We traveled from Loule (easier to park the car than Faro) to Lisbon last month by train & the 1st stop was Albufeira, regards Bryony
Old Jun 21st 2015, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

Philwren is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shep103
I've just got back from 2 weeks in Spain and didn't want the expense of car hire and insurance so decided to try a taxi. I used Esuri Taxi and must say it was a relaxing experience. Phil met me at the airport and at my apartment for the return trip. Not once did I have any concern that I may be let down. There was no language barrier and I changed the time of my return pick up easily on email. I can thoroughly recommend this service. Just to add, I have no commercial interest in this company. I'm just a very satisfied user.

Steve

Thanks Steve, it was a pleasure meeting you.
Kind regards Phil
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 8:04 am
Just Joined

alice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant futurealice57 has a brilliant future

Many thanks, Bryony. x
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 9:15 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

How are the smaller transfer companies dealing with the new drop off charges at Faro.

They face sanctions if seen using the zone for commercial operations.
Old Jun 22nd 2015, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by EMR
How are the smaller transfer companies dealing with the new drop off charges at Faro.

They face sanctions if seen using the zone for commercial operations.
When we travel to the UK we use Park & Fly. They now charge an extra 1Euro per day to leave your car and they drop/collect us in Short Stay (P2) car park, regards Bryony
Old Jun 25th 2015, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

sunqueen is an unknown quantity at this point

Cost pls??
Old Jun 25th 2015, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sunqueen
Cost pls??
Last month we left it with them for 11 days and the charge was 44 Euro's, B.

P.S. meant to say an extra 1 Euro per stay not per day in my previous post.

Last edited by MikeCol; Jun 25th 2015 at 8:13 pm.
Old Jun 25th 2015, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

One way?
Old Jun 25th 2015, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

One way regardless of no of passengers? Faro- Costa esuri ?
Old Jun 25th 2015, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Apologies i meant for the taxi.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.