Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

faro airport parking

faro airport parking

Old Sep 14th 2016, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice
Default faro airport parking

Hi All,
Picking up my daughter tomorrow evening and wondering if there is a preferred car park for short term stay?
Thanks
Old Sep 14th 2016, 8:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: faro airport parking

Originally Posted by AndyS
Hi All,
Picking up my daughter tomorrow evening and wondering if there is a preferred car park for short term stay?
Thanks
When we pick people up at Faro we always use the arrivals car park which is alongside the taxi rank. The cost is very reasonable ther may even be a short free period. We are usually between 15-45 mins and the costs seem to come around €1.50 - €4.50. We always monitor the deprture airport to check if they have left on time then after about 30 mins flight check the arrival time at Faro. We then leave Esuri at the arrival time and it generally works out spot on.
Old Sep 14th 2016, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

keithBT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Andy, if I pick up my son I usually go to the southern end of Montenegro in the main street where there are several pastelaria/coffee shops and bars. I try to pitch up roughly when the flight is scheduled to land, consume my cake & coffee and wait for my son to call me. Its about 3 mins drive to the airport. Once he has cleared imigration, got his luggage etc I just drive thru the airport not parking and pick him up.
Hence you don't need the car park at all !! Ok, so you're thinking I'm a cheapskate, but remember we pay 15 euros every time we collect a car at faro !! Why pay to park unless you really have to.
Old Sep 14th 2016, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by keithBT
Hello Andy, if I pick up my son I usually go to the southern end of Montenegro in the main street where there are several pastelaria/coffee shops and bars. I try to pitch up roughly when the flight is scheduled to land, consume my cake & coffee and wait for my son to call me. Its about 3 mins drive to the airport. Once he has cleared imigration, got his luggage etc I just drive thru the airport not parking and pick him up.
Hence you don't need the car park at all !! Ok, so you're thinking I'm a cheapskate, but remember we pay 15 euros every time we collect a car at faro !! Why pay to park unless you really have to.
Thanks John and Keith (I don't think you are a cheapskate, just a savvy shopper). As we want to be inside the airport to meet our girl I'll take John's advice this time around.
Cheers
Old Sep 14th 2016, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by keithBT
When we carry out that manovre we take coffee and pastel donata at the BP station and when called forward we pick up in the departure drop off where you get 10mins free ample time to stow the bags hug and drive off. Vinci make enough out of us already!
Old Sep 14th 2016, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

I wait at either a cafe in Montenegro or at Pingo Doce. When I get a call I go into the pick up car park outside departures. You get 10 minutes free which gives you time to go into the airport. You can go into this carpark twice in one day for nothing (useful when both picking up and dropping off ) otherwise they think you are a taxi and charge.
Old Sep 16th 2016, 1:13 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kath Las Colinas
I wait at either a cafe in Montenegro or at Pingo Doce. When I get a call I go into the pick up car park outside departures. You get 10 minutes free which gives you time to go into the airport. You can go into this carpark twice in one day for nothing (useful when both picking up and dropping off ) otherwise they think you are a taxi and charge.
Another nice place to wait and look at the ocean is the 'sea'side behind the airport, with its cafe's. You can even see the plane about to land once you have checked the arrival time on the net.

Your guest can txt you on arrival and you pick them up easily just a short drive to the roundabout with the statues looking up... then the pick up

Jon
Old Sep 17th 2016, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

It's all here :
Faro Airport (FAO): Parking