Family looking to move to Spain

Family looking to move to Spain

Old Mar 10th 2019, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Daneish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Family looking to move to Spain

hi everybody.
I hope this is the best place I’m just looking for advice and details

im looking to move abroad. We are a family of four me and my partner and our two children 14 and 5. We would like to move over there as a family and obviously find work out there. Etc so I didn’t know if the was any expats here or anybody to shed light and help along the ways

everything from NEI Numbers. Freelance or autnomo English schools taxes and visas etc

thanks in advance and hipefully comes to the reacue as we as a family are eager to leave this ever deteriorating country before it’s too late. Many thanks hope to hear from anybody or somebody.
Old Mar 10th 2019, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family looking to move to Spain

What 'needed skills' do and your wife have Dan to help you find work, do you speak Spanish. Massive unemployment in Spain so the locals who know the language, culture, system will often get first offer of work. Your five year old is young enough to go to state school and learn the language but the fourteen year old would need an International School (€€€€€), learning a language and keeping up with academic work is a lot to ask a teenager.

You say 'leave this deteriorating country' but remember that the UK has a benefit system to fall back on, Spain has none so you will 'deteriorate' a lot quicker in Spain unless you have a pot of cash behind you to fall back on.

Last edited by bob_bob; Mar 10th 2019 at 1:35 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2019, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Hi we will be looking for when our 14 year old turns 16 as he will be getting an apprenticeship here with he’s father unless he decides at 16 to move with us as we Day it’s early stages neither of us have ever been on benefits or what have you my partner has bar work W pear ice at management levels and a little Spanish but we are both brushing up the language and I am a mig tig arc qualified welder with a small uk business we don’t have a huge overflow as we would be looking to work other there we have a family villa in Moraira we often visit and have both decided it’s what we want to do yet realise it won’t happen over night we would be looking to sell up my business here in uk and possibly take £10,000 in funds after rental visa and legality prices. But again to reiterate we want to move but do it the proper ways etc
Old Mar 10th 2019, 4:31 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Brexit may get in the way, but then again with what is currently being said, Brexit just might not happen ever
Old Mar 10th 2019, 5:53 pm
Herreño

Boseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond reputeBoseley has a reputation beyond repute

My Dad lived in El Portet, long before Spain was part of the EU, when we had the Peseta, happy days. Good luck with your move, keep thinking positive and you will make it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 13th 2019, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

Smithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Daneish
Hi we will be looking for when our 14 year old turns 16 as he will be getting an apprenticeship here with he’s father unless he decides at 16 to move with us as we Day it’s early stages neither of us have ever been on benefits or what have you my partner has bar work W pear ice at management levels and a little Spanish but we are both brushing up the language and I am a mig tig arc qualified welder with a small uk business we don’t have a huge overflow as we would be looking to work other there we have a family villa in Moraira we often visit and have both decided it’s what we want to do yet realise it won’t happen over night we would be looking to sell up my business here in uk and possibly take £10,000 in funds after rental visa and legality prices. But again to reiterate we want to move but do it the proper ways etc
You can never tell somebody else’s experience, but you are doing to struggle to find work as a welder here in Valencia. If you have a business that employs people in the UK - I don´t know how small is small etc - that might provide you an income?

Generally Moraira and this part of Valencia is a holiday area and unemployment is generally high out of season and wages are generally low - the Spanish minimum wage works out at €900 a month for a 6 day week.

You need to be creative and make your own employment and even then I guess you will struggle to make enough money to pay the Autonomo social security payment for a while (€290 a month).

Neither is £10000 anywhere near enough, unless you have already secured work or have an income from the UK!

£10000 wouldn´t get you and your wife/partner through the residency process here in Gandia (north of Moraira) as proof you can support yourselves!
If you had £50K behind you and you were willing to take any work to make ends meet until you found something more meaningful, then sure it could work.
£10K which is around €11400 will be gone in 4 or 5 months with possibly nothing to show for it.

Last edited by Smithy73; Mar 13th 2019 at 5:29 pm.
Old Mar 13th 2019, 5:24 pm
Forum Regular

Smithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond reputeSmithy73 has a reputation beyond repute

I have a very good Spanish friend from school who is a qualified welder here... He hasn´t been able to get work welding for years and takes factory jobs doing night shifts when it is offered to make ends meet.. Grandma left him and his brother a flat in town each and this is how he manages... just needs living expenses to pay the electric,IBI (council tax), food and keep the car going.
This is how much of the lower employment section manages here... family help each other... parents in decades past put their cash (literally) into flats or property.

Coming from the UK, you need to think hard about this. There is a welfare state, but it´s smaller than the UK and you needed to have paid into the system for months to get something out!

Its not impossible to find work, the area that you have chosen is very popular with English speaking expats... I think your biggest hurdle is the amount of available cash you have.
If you were selling a property in the UK and bringing £200K with you to buy a small place somewhere and start a fresh then I would say, go for it and good luck!

Last edited by Smithy73; Mar 13th 2019 at 5:37 pm.
Old Mar 13th 2019, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

Thank you both for the reply’s and like I say it’s still very early stages but at the minute I have 10k in the bank and will sell my business nearer the time it only has me and one employee so small although my turnover here in uk annually is around 430k a year so whatever I would sell it for would go to a house or cash to bring. It this is the whole reason for asking people in the know so with the information I get from you guys i know what’s what properly thanks guys. I go to Moraira about 6 times a year for 2 week stints and have been for around 8 years hence the move coming alight.
Old Mar 16th 2019, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

dougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond reputedougal03 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I am in the process of selling my house to a UK resident who has to obtain his NIE number before he can complete.His abogado has applied on his behalf but due to the Brexit debacle maybe he will be sent back to the queue for non-eu citizens.Anyone know what is the up to date situation?