Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Family of 4 basic costs of living please!!!

Family of 4 basic costs of living please!!!

Old Apr 30th 2006, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family of 4 basic costs of living please!!!

Originally Posted by chirivel
Thats the difference with being inland and the spanish pay only half of that!
We notice when we go to the coast everything seems to be more expensive but hey you have the sea
thats the rent INLAND - i live 30 minutes drive from the coast. coastal rents are probably nearer 1000€ a month. (for a flat)
Old Apr 30th 2006, 2:32 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
thats the rent INLAND - i live 30 minutes drive from the coast. coastal rents are probably nearer 1000€ a month. (for a flat)
2 bed apartment, share pool and garden in Torrema, just near Fuengirola 575 € month
Old May 1st 2006, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

so its more expensive INLAND ? holy crap i guess that INLAND is getting more popular these days ??
Old May 1st 2006, 7:54 am
Rizlared

kevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to all

Are you refering to this:-
2 bed apartment, share pool and garden in Torrema, just near Fuengirola 575 € month

Originally Posted by bfg69bug
so its more expensive INLAND ? holy crap i guess that INLAND is getting more popular these days ??
Because Torrema is on the coast between Fuengirola and Torremolinus
Old May 1st 2006, 2:33 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Torrema is just up hill from the Carvahal round about near the Fuengirola sign that is above the road between Fuengirola and Benalmedena.
Attached Thumbnails Family of 4 basic costs of living please!!!-img_1596-1200-x-900-.jpg  
Old May 1st 2006, 3:07 pm
Rizlared

kevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to all

Oh Ok, so its not right on the coast but nearer than say Mijas, and I would assume that you can see the sea from there, so, in my opinion, if you can see the sea your near the coast. and as such will pay coastal prices. But I have no wish to split hairs over a few miles here or there
Old May 1st 2006, 5:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kevray
Are you refering to this:-

Because Torrema is on the coast between Fuengirola and Torremolinus

yes, why so confused ? i said rent in alhaurin is around 600 a month, and someone said rent on the coast is 575, so the coast is cheaper than inland?
Old May 1st 2006, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

Beverley1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chirivel
We came out 3 years ago with children aged 4,6,10,12,16,17.Have to say the four youngest adapted with amazing ease but then we are in a small village average 12 to a class in the local school.Even my 15 year old who was just 13 when we came has overtaken some of her spanish friends at school.The only one who didnt settle was the 16 year old who returned to England last year otherwise i would say for the others their quality of life has improved 100 %
Thanks for your reply, our 13 year old is quite bright so i'm hoping that she will pick it up quite quickly.

What kind of thing do you do for a living, we would need to work and we are trying to find out what kind of things to do and how much we would need to well on.
Old May 1st 2006, 7:33 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Originally Posted by kevray
Oh Ok, so its not right on the coast but nearer than say Mijas, and I would assume that you can see the sea from there, so, in my opinion, if you can see the sea your near the coast. and as such will pay coastal prices. But I have no wish to split hairs over a few miles here or there
10 mins walk to the Carvahal beach, one of the best beaches in Spain

Pic was taken the other day when the world turned upside down, the sea is under the clouds
Attached Thumbnails Family of 4 basic costs of living please!!!-hpim0927-1024-x-768-.jpg  

Last edited by jdr; May 1st 2006 at 7:36 pm.
Old May 3rd 2006, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

lol its still upsidown now, it lashed down last night an is still raining now in alhaurin (malaga), casariche (seville) and gibralter and la linea