Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Expats vs Benefits

Expats vs Benefits

Old May 6th 2011, 10:03 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expats vs Benefits

There was a WONDERFUL cartoon in el Jueves. Someone gets their wish, and all the immigrants disappear. There is then a string of cartoons comparing before and after.

Before, the old guy is bitching that the long waiting lists are the fault of the immigrants. After, the long waiting lists are because all the immigrant doctors have gone.

Before, a man is complaining that the immigrants take all the jobs. After, he is offered a job as a garbage collector, only to complain that that sort of work is only fit for immigrants.... and so on.
Old May 6th 2011, 11:20 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
There was a WONDERFUL cartoon in el Jueves. Someone gets their wish, and all the immigrants disappear. There is then a string of cartoons comparing before and after.

Before, the old guy is bitching that the long waiting lists are the fault of the immigrants. After, the long waiting lists are because all the immigrant doctors have gone.

Before, a man is complaining that the immigrants take all the jobs. After, he is offered a job as a garbage collector, only to complain that that sort of work is only fit for immigrants.... and so on.
Exactly,and I imagine many more crops would be left in the fields to rot causing the price of what was harvested to go sky high.

Incidently it appears that its way overpriced now.
I just watched a Spanish news programme showing documented evidence of the prices the growers were receiving for their produce, which was then multiplied by TEN before appearing on the supermarket shelves.
Old May 6th 2011, 4:16 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Exactly,and I imagine many more crops would be left in the fields to rot causing the price of what was harvested to go sky high.

Incidently it appears that its way overpriced now.
I just watched a Spanish news programme showing documented evidence of the prices the growers were receiving for their produce, which was then multiplied by TEN before appearing on the supermarket shelves.
Ouchie!

I always understood that the supermarket was the one which did the multiplying. One of my customers was a pig farmer, and he reckoned that the supermarkets made more out of his pigs than he did.
Old May 6th 2011, 5:06 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Ouchie!

I always understood that the supermarket was the one which did the multiplying. One of my customers was a pig farmer, and he reckoned that the supermarkets made more out of his pigs than he did.
Yes, thats precisely what I meant,... and having had personal experience, your second point is also spot on
Old May 6th 2011, 5:57 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Yes, thats precisely what I meant,... and having had personal experience, your second point is also spot on
Yeah that was the precise point when I read it again. Either I need glasses, or stop doing things that reduce the old vision.