Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Expat Travel Insurance

Expat Travel Insurance

Old Nov 2nd 2013, 5:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Expat Travel Insurance

Going back to the UK via ferry and want travel insurance in case the ferry gets cancelled because of bad weather.

I had a real problem with Staysure last year initially refusing to pay out on a 5hr delay as in the small print it was something like 16hrs delay before you can claim so would prefer someone else.

Any recommendations?
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 9:55 am
Banned

crookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expat Travel Insurance

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Going back to the UK via ferry and want travel insurance in case the ferry gets cancelled because of bad weather.

I had a real problem with Staysure last year initially refusing to pay out on a 5hr delay as in the small print it was something like 16hrs delay before you can claim so would prefer someone else.

Any recommendations?
Insurance is designed to cover a possible material loss, how much did the five hours delay actually cost you? As for insuring against bad weather causing the ferry to be cancelled, just ask a reputable broker to find you a short delay contract, I'm thinking of say cover for missing a sporting event, it must surely exist.
Old Nov 3rd 2013, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expat Travel Insurance

Originally Posted by crookesey
Insurance is designed to cover a possible material loss, how much did the five hours delay actually cost you? As for insuring against bad weather causing the ferry to be cancelled, just ask a reputable broker to find you a short delay contract, I'm thinking of say cover for missing a sporting event, it must surely exist.
A lot, missed my bus from Heathrow not just for the evening but the following morning too as all buses were booked- Had to take a hotel room and didnĀ“t arrive at my destination for 24 hrs.

But that is in the past just want to insure against the possibility of a ferry cancellation and possibly having to drive through France and then down to the West Country.