Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ex pats in Spain to lose winter fuel payment

Ex pats in Spain to lose winter fuel payment

Old Jun 26th 2013, 6:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ex pats in Spain to lose winter fuel payment

I also believe he said benefits claimants must be able to speak English.

Massive savings in the Northeast, Scotland, Wales and Merseyside plus others.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 6:11 pm
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate

Swine.........
Old Jun 26th 2013, 6:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

jennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to behold

Unlikely I would have thought.

The winter fuel payment speaks for itself.

Opps that was in response to Fred's post.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute

It must be said. This saving is minuscule compared with the billions of overseas aid the UK wastes on corrupt regimes.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

jennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to beholdjennieJ is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by la mancha
It must be said. This saving is minuscule compared with the billions of overseas aid the UK wastes on corrupt regimes.
Surely that is a completely different issue and totally off topic from winter fuel allowance being paid to expats which is part of the overall benefits review and a completely different discussion/thread.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 6:58 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tommy.irene
why they took it of the Plaza i dont know as its not about Spain .
Of course it is about Spain.

There are thousands of expats who live in Spain who are affected by this change.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 7:05 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jennieJ
Thank goodness the have finally decided to put an end to this nonsense of paying it to country's that people move to for the better weather. The whole premise was bonkers.
so obviously you agree with the payment of child benefit to those who go to the UK for work but leave the wife and kids at home

makes equitable sense
Old Jun 26th 2013, 7:06 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate

naughty

cudnt giv u karma uve had 2 much orlredy
`
Old Jun 26th 2013, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Domino
so obviously you agree with the payment of child benefit to those who go to the UK for work but leave the wife and kids at home

makes equitable sense
Why do you think I obviously agree with that ?
Old Jun 26th 2013, 7:12 pm

well it should be considered that
a. UK pays aid to Bangladesh
b. Bangladeshi's came to the UK to work, but have now lost their jobs because they are being undercut by....... their own country
c. The EU also uses the UK's contributions to their budget to make aid payments to Bangladesh whilst also making that country a "preferred country" whose exports to the EU do not attract import tariffs

I would rather take the money given to Bangladesh (from UK & EU) to pay the unemployment benefits of those Bangladeshi's now stuck in the UK without work. I would also want to see equal opportunity within Europe actually work without having to fight against "preferred countries" who pay no taxes on their slave labour products.

Old Jun 26th 2013, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Overseas aid is nothing to do with 'the benefits system' as it is known.

It's about helping people in their own Country to create work projects, employment and prosperity - in their country.

The idea is it prevents huge amounts of migration with half the world having a 'vacant' sign up and the other half of the world totally overcrowded with a 'full to bursting' sign up.

Yes I know that us a very basic summary, but it sounds like common sense to me. Yes it's not a perfect system but then what is.

Still makes more sense than paying WFA which was introduced to compensate for cold weather in the UK to expats in Southern Europe.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 7:27 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino

makes equitable sense
Priceless.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by jennieJ
Why do you think I obviously agree with that ?
if you agree with the stopping of WFA to those UK residents (irrespective of their original nationality) without being prepared to expand the discussion into other contentious areas such as Child Benefit etc you must be in agreement with the remainder of the package.

Benefits are, and have been for many years, a contentious subject. They are there to protect those who are unable to protect themselves - although we know of many who will not apply for such as they feel they are not worthy of receiving such payments. Those even older remember the days of means testing and would never go near it.
Conversely those such as Alan Sugar, Cliff Richard, Phil Collins and Shirley Bassey (to name a few) who probably don't need it still get it as part of the all inclusive rules.

WFA is just one of those benefits that have been caught under an EU "catchall" requirement. It was never intended to pay in Spain, South of France, Cyprus or Italy etc. But the British Govt will have to be very careful of the wording of the eligibility or they will once again fall foul of the EU.

Considering I was living in an unheated house in temperatures below that of the highest for the UK for a good part of the winter I suppose I would be eligible. However, it was never part of my financial projections and as I have difficulty in returning it to the UK I use it to pay my additional heating bills. For which it was intended.
Old Jun 26th 2013, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Priceless.
just keep paying your taxes, I can feel another cold winter coming along
Old Jun 26th 2013, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was about saving money. Me, in times of austerity, I prefer to help the British first. Sorry if that offends anyone but this is how I feel. I think the WFA should be means-tested, not on temperature but on wealth.

‘Overseas aid is nothing to do with 'the benefits system' as it is known.

It's about helping people in their own Country to create work projects, employment and prosperity - in their country.’

In the past 40 years the world has given 400 billion to the African continent. They are today as poor as the day we started.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.