British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   European Removals (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/european-removals-371552/)

Unexpat May 4th 2006 7:32 pm

European Removals

I've been holding off posting this thread in the hope that the company that we used for hauling our stuff over here to Spain (European Removals), would finally get their finger out and sort out our losses, but alas, despite numerous follow-ups from us, this hasn't happened.

The UK pick-up was great. Very friendly, helpful and efficient people. However, it is worth noting that this end was sub-contracted.

As I understand it, the load reached the UK depot and was shipped to Spain in it's entirity. Approximately two and a half weeks later, the load left European Removal's depot in Malaga, on it's way to Murcia, minus two items - a lamp and a large box of DVDs.

The lamp was subsequently found broken, but the box of DVDs hasn't turned up and wasn't on the manifesto shipped from Malaga. So approximately £450 of goods lost, which should have been a straightforward claim.

However, we have not been able to get any acceptable response from these people - despite their paperwork and investigations showing that they lost and broke the items in question. Originally they onus was thrown back on us to prove that the items hadn't been delivered - totally unacceptable when their paperwork and checks should have been sufficient after we informed them of the losses on the day of delivery.

Since then we have had to chase them constantly and we are still getting no responses and no resolution.

European Removals are certainly not getting any recommendations from me, because when things go wrong it appears that they treat their customers with derision, at best.

kevray May 4th 2006 7:56 pm

Re: European Removals

Sorry to hear your sad story :eek: , but appreciate you informing the rest of us, I believe in naming names, I wish you luck in resolving your problem, maybe an email to the MD pointing out this site would make them sit up and take notice, there are, after all, a large number of people who may not subscribe to posting but still read the threads with interest.
Regards
Kevray

Unexpat May 4th 2006 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by kevray
Sorry to hear your sad story :eek: , but appreciate you informing the rest of us, I believe in naming names, I wish you luck in resolving your problem, maybe an email to the MD pointing out this site would make them sit up and take notice, there are, after all, a large number of people who may not subscribe to posting but still read the threads with interest.
Regards
Kevray

Thanks. Actually I got their name from a recommendation made on this site. I just wanted to re-dress the balance a little.

I prefer to engage a solicitor, in due course, than argue the toss with an MD who clearly doesn't have his finger on the pulse of their company. The breach of contract on their part is clear-cut, so legal action is a reasonable course of action in my book and will at least keep my blood pressure down. :)

kevray May 4th 2006 8:12 pm

Fair comment :) Shouldn't be necessary to get legal but there you go, you have to stop the rot somehow.
Luck
Kevray