Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

European Health Insurance Card/E1 11

European Health Insurance Card/E1 11

Old Oct 20th 2007, 12:28 pm
Forum Regular

happybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant future
Default European Health Insurance Card/E1 11

Hi has anyone had any experience of using European health insurance card. Was in spain last week got taken ill, doctor was call and he took me to hospital in ambulance and i ended up staying over night etc. would the card have covered it or not(i forgot take it to spain with me," the only time")so i used private medical insurance.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 12:31 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: European Health Insurance Card/E1 11

Originally Posted by happybunny
Hi has anyone had any experience of using European health insurance card. Was in spain last week got taken ill, doctor was call and he took me to hospital in ambulance and i ended up staying over night etc. would the card have covered it or not(i forgot take it to spain with me," the only time")so i used private medical insurance.
Your card will cover you for emergencies while on holiday, but not if it is long term so you need repatriation cover also.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 12:47 pm
Forum Regular

happybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant futurehappybunny has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jdr
Your card will cover you for emergencies while on holiday, but not if it is long term so you need repatriation cover also.
I just wondered whether the doctor would have taken me to hospital as quick if i had presented that instead of private medical insurance. Although on saying that i really was feeling ill and i cant fault the hospital it was very good. i will have to get some long term insurance for when i move over in january can anybody recommend anyone
Old Oct 20th 2007, 12:52 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I just wondered whether the doctor would have taken me to hospital as quick if i had presented that instead of private medical insurance. Although on saying that i really was feeling ill and i cant fault the hospital it was very good. i will have to get some long term insurance for when i move over in january can anybody recommend anyone
If you have been paying into the UK system you can get a form from DWP that will cover you in the Spanish system for a while until you get a job and receive Spanish healthcare.
Do a "search this forum" there have been lots of threads on healthcare.
Old Oct 20th 2007, 12:57 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that, so looking forward to moving julie
Old Oct 20th 2007, 1:19 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

You OK now?
Old Oct 20th 2007, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: European Health Insurance Card/E1 11

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
You OK now?
Getting better thanks.must hurry up and improve my spanish could of done with knowing parts of the body in spainsh felt a complete fool trying to explain what was wrong.First time ever i just wanted to come home, all part of the learning
Old Oct 20th 2007, 2:30 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Glad you are better now and that you had no lasting problem. I arrived back In Competa yesterday evening, very nice too. But there was man on the plane who was saying he was moving the family over in January and that it was not far from marbella, think it started with a B, he also had a child of school age, coincidence or anything to do wit you, you don't realise just how small a world this is.
Luv Eve
xx
Old Oct 20th 2007, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Eve

Glad you are better now and that you had no lasting problem. I arrived back In Competa yesterday evening, very nice too. But there was man on the plane who was saying he was moving the family over in January and that it was not far from marbella, think it started with a B, he also had a child of school age, coincidence or anything to do wit you, you don't realise just how small a world this is.
Luv Eve
xx
hi eve not me i am moving over in january, driving down on the 28th dec me my hubby and daughter who is 17, we have rented apartment in fuengirola.cant wait daughter starts her course on the 7th january. so if there is any expats in the area who fancy meeting for a coffee it would be nice, as hubby is going back to the uk to work for a little while.
Thanks for asking eve and your right it does seem to be a small world at times.julie x
Old Oct 20th 2007, 5:21 pm
Eve
BE Enthusiast

Eve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud ofEve has much to be proud of

Hi ya,
I wont be around in january, but will be in Feb so we will see what can be done then. Good luck with all your arrangements and may meet one day!
Luv Eve
xx