Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Euro Weekly News

Euro Weekly News

Old May 26th 2012, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

Jamtart98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Euro Weekly News

Trivial I know but does anyone know if there is a problem with the EWN this week?
Yesterday and today I tried the two main places in Fuengirola where I always get my copy and they did,nt have any. It also appeared as though there never were any.
I,m wondering if there was Industrial action or distribution problems.
I have got the other "free" weeklies but look forward most to the EWN.
Thanks for any replies.
Old May 28th 2012, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Euro Weekly News

Originally Posted by Jamtart98
Trivial I know but does anyone know if there is a problem with the EWN this week?
Yesterday and today I tried the two main places in Fuengirola where I always get my copy and they did,nt have any. It also appeared as though there never were any.
I,m wondering if there was Industrial action or distribution problems.
I have got the other "free" weeklies but look forward most to the EWN.
Thanks for any replies.
Have you tried a google search for the online version?
Old May 28th 2012, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

:...but look forward most to the EWN.
Surely not!
Old May 28th 2012, 8:02 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

havent you tried foning the EWN and asking the question ? ? ?
Old May 28th 2012, 9:28 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lenox
Surely not!
We live in hope
Old May 28th 2012, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

Thank You to you all for responding to my query.

I did Google and saw the Online Version but it,s not the same.Especially the Puzzle pages.

I tried to phone Saturday after failing to obtain a copy but with no reply assumed they are 5 day week. I did phone this morning and am waiting on them getting back to me.

Lennox. Thank you for the sarcasm. While I have always found the Ex-Pat forums VERY helpful there is always one who seems to think sarcastic (funny?) comments help.

Jackytoo. Thank you for the lovely wink!!!
Old May 28th 2012, 2:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond reputeLenox has a reputation beyond repute

It's complicated.
Old May 31st 2012, 5:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Thank You to you all for responding to my query.

I did Google and saw the Online Version but it,s not the same.Especially the Puzzle pages.

I tried to phone Saturday after failing to obtain a copy but with no reply assumed they are 5 day week. I did phone this morning and am waiting on them getting back to me.

Lennox. Thank you for the sarcasm. While I have always found the Ex-Pat forums VERY helpful there is always one who seems to think sarcastic (funny?) comments help.

Jackytoo. Thank you for the lovely wink!!!
Well to be honest although it wouldn't have been helpful, I too was of the 'why would anyone look forward to a paper crammed with its own publishers' plugs and dodgy pictures' way of thinking. So it's not just Lenox.
Each to their own.
Old May 31st 2012, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for responding and I take your point.

However, "each to their own" as you say and to that effect I DO enjoy the EWN.
Yes it is self appreciating but it also has many interesting articles,useful information and is,in my opinion,the best of the "freebies".

What niggled me about Lennox,s comment was the manner in which it was written.

I did call the EWN on Monday to enquire as to why I was unable to get a copy and the lady took my details,said she would make enquiries and call me back. I,m still waiting!!!!!
So black marks to the EWN on that score.

Anyway Thanks again for your comment.It,s nice to know people are looking and responding to our requests.
Old May 31st 2012, 7:16 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for responding and I take your point.

However, "each to their own" as you say and to that effect I DO enjoy the EWN.
Yes it is self appreciating but it also has many interesting articles,useful information and is,in my opinion,the best of the "freebies".

What niggled me about Lennox,s comment was the manner in which it was written.

I did call the EWN on Monday to enquire as to why I was unable to get a copy and the lady took my details,said she would make enquiries and call me back. I,m still waiting!!!!!
So black marks to the EWN on that score.

Anyway Thanks again for your comment.It,s nice to know people are looking and responding to our requests.
I think you'll find that Lennox used to own the Euro Weekly News.
Old May 31st 2012, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Heh!
Old May 31st 2012, 12:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

I've just picked up a copy 31/5-6/6 in Morrisons Gib

Do i read it NO

But it is very useful in the bottom of the cats litter tray.
Old May 31st 2012, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

lovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nicelovingthesun is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
I've just picked up a copy 31/5-6/6 in Morrisons Gib

Do i read it NO

But it is very useful in the bottom of the cats litter tray.
Open on Leapy Lee's page I trust
Old May 31st 2012, 12:34 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

I would love to say that all this is going over my head but.......
the BH has a work friend who lives in Salobrena and brings her a copy every week

we keep it in the toilet for when desperate.......

for something to read
Old May 31st 2012, 1:29 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I find the EWN one of the best free newspapers for local news, that's for people interested in local news, and not the expat Daily Mail readers more interested in what's happening back in Bradford.

Here's an example from the week-old online edition which explained to me why low-flying, bright-yellow aeroplanes frightened my dogs last week:

http://www.euroweeklynews.com/news/c...evieja-inferno

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.