Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Euro about to crash..?

Euro about to crash..?

Old Feb 15th 2010, 1:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Euro about to crash..?

Originally Posted by cricketman
Post 12 on that article by Rugbyprof compares some key numbers by country which shows the UK doing not so well.
Not surprising, I don't think anyone is doing well at the moment. Even France and Germany aren't looking as good as most thought. But I just find it laughable that someone seems to be suggesting that we can believe the figures from the other countries, but it's only UK that would hide the true figures.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 1:14 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Spain's youth unemployment is 44%. Not sure what all this is relevant to the euro crashing though Not crashed so far, we shall see. Many Spaniards think there are more nasty suprises to come. Whatever, doesn't matter which country is worse...they are all in debt and up the shitcreek! Just happy I have bought a house in a place in the UK where they only stay on the market 3-4 weeks and have price increases instead of 3 years or so for mine in Spain which has dropped in price. Don't have to look at any figures to know this.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 1:24 pm
Banned

icharus is just really niceicharus is just really niceicharus is just really niceicharus is just really niceicharus is just really niceicharus is just really niceicharus is just really niceicharus is just really niceicharus is just really nice

Originally Posted by agoreira
Not surprising, I don't think anyone is doing well at the moment. Even France and Germany aren't looking as good as most thought. But I just find it laughable that someone seems to be suggesting that we can believe the figures from the other countries, but it's only UK that would hide the true figures.
Again at no point did I suggest that the UK is the only country that is hiding the figures, I merely pointed out the accepted method of measuring international unemployment rates !

I also stated that Spain doesn't publish any unemployment figures, BTW Stephanie Flanders in an earlier part of that article states that bthe UKs bidget deficit is over 12%.

Last edited by Fred James; Feb 15th 2010 at 1:39 pm. Reason: Unnaceptable personal comment removed
Old Feb 15th 2010, 1:46 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Post 12 on that article by Rugbyprof compares some key numbers by country which shows the UK doing not so well.

That's the thing with economies, it's not black and white!
Eh?
Old Feb 15th 2010, 1:51 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Sorry to split hairs, but €€€ existed in 1999 for cheques and money transfers.
I recall doing exchange and transfers about 8 year ago at about 1.55 euro to the pound.
However I recently looked at some graphs regarding trading rates 10 year ago and there appeared to be 2 peaks of in the region of 1.8 euro to the pound, on World markets at that time!
Oh to turn the clocks back!
Old Feb 15th 2010, 2:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Eh?
On this link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereport...hanieflanders/

(click on the comments button at the top)

Must be a relative of yours
Old Feb 15th 2010, 2:07 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

On this link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereport...hanieflanders/

(click on the comments button at the top)

Must be a relative of yours
Error 404 - Page not found
Old Feb 15th 2010, 2:37 pm
Banned

johncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
I recall doing exchange and transfers about 8 year ago at about 1.55 euro to the pound.
However I recently looked at some graphs regarding trading rates 10 year ago and there appeared to be 2 peaks of in the region of 1.8 euro to the pound, on World markets at that time!
8 years ago? 2002 ?

The name euro was officially adopted on 16 December 1995.[6] The euro was introduced to world financial markets as an accounting currency on 1 January 1999, replacing the former European Currency Unit (ECU) at a ratio of 1:1. Euro coins and banknotes entered circulation on 1 January 2002.

On 1st Jan 2002 £1 was 1.613014 to the euro

I have looked on the web and cannot see a time when it was above 1.65€ to £1. Don't know when it was 1.8 !
Old Feb 15th 2010, 3:25 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johncar61
I have looked on the web and cannot see a time when it was above 1.65€ to £1. Don't know when it was 1.8 !
On May 3rd 2000 it was 1.755 - which to one decimal place is 1.8
Old Feb 15th 2010, 3:34 pm
Banned

johncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to alljohncar61 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fred James
On May 3rd 2000 it was 1.755 - which to one decimal place is 1.8
Interesting, the Euro was not introduced as currency until 1st January 2002.
Not sure what Euro you are referring to.

Last edited by johncar61; Feb 15th 2010 at 3:44 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 3:42 pm
Banned

icharus is just really niceicharus is just really niceicharus is just really niceicharus is just really niceicharus is just really niceicharus is just really niceicharus is just really niceicharus is just really niceicharus is just really nice

The Euro was introduced at midnight 1999 in virtual form for none physical payments, ie; bank transfers, travellers cheques etc.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 3:46 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by icharus
The Euro was introduced at midnight 1999 in virtual form for none physical payments, ie; bank transfers, travellers cheques etc.
Well as I posted that info at post 83, please excuse me for saying, I know that.
Old Feb 15th 2010, 3:55 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Well as I posted that info at post 83, please excuse me for saying, I know that.
And I mentioned it in post 53!
Old Feb 15th 2010, 3:56 pm
Banned

Well then why are you asking the question if you already know the answer
Old Feb 15th 2010, 4:07 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Dick, sorry I seem to have missed the point you were making. I'd be grateful if you would explain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.