Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

EUC Annual meeting

EUC Annual meeting

Old May 31st 2011, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: EUC Annual meeting

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Had a trawl around the site and it is astounding. If it is true that they spent €1500 on that then once again the residents have been ripped off. A sample prepared for the CERA and not adopted was a thousand times better than that and was only going to cost €400. As it is a committee member has voluntarily prepared for no cost and it is better than the sample shown here.

Also the debtors page is amazing. One person who I know very well living on Marina Esuri has paid all his dues but they lump all Marina Esuri together and he would be one of those who appears to owe thousands.

Also Golf 1 has two debts and each one is only 5 times my annual payment which I find hard to take in when you look at the size and scope of the clubhouse. Golf 2 is similar.

All the commercial areas C1-7 seem to get off very lightly and there are all sorts of other anomalies but how we address that I don't know.

PS. have a look here: _

http://euccostaesuri.com/index.php?o...entas&Itemid=7

Last edited by EsuriJohn; May 31st 2011 at 4:04 pm.
Old Jun 2nd 2011, 6:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
So now we know,

"EUC Annual General Meeting is on Friday 24th June at 17.00hrs"

The meeting first call is at 5.00pm with the second at 18.00hrs which from the chaos last time means that the meeting will start sometime after 6.00pm

No agenda yet but as soon as we see one we will make sure it is on here.

Thank you Carol for the lead. Doh why did I not look there.
Anyone seen an agenda yet?
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 8:17 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EUC Annual meeting

Anyone seen an agenda yet?

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jun 3rd 2011 at 8:18 am. Reason: Deleted as its just another rant at the EUC
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The meeting first call is at 5.00pm with the second at 18.00hrs which from the chaos last time means that the meeting will start sometime after 6.00pm

I have just heard that FADESA have at last paid their EUC charges for 2010. That of course means they are now eligible to vote which until today they were not. Odd that! I wonder if they will again put themselves foreward for the board and will want to have 2 representatives similar to their attempt at the first meeting. They will of course carry the day on watever they decide to so it looks as though we will be stuck with the Mayor as president for the next 2 years at least if that is what they want!

I would urge all Esurians who are in Campo on the 24th to get down too the Casa Grande at 6.0pm on the 24th and show that we are not stupid and do care about our living conditions.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 4:07 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

I have just heard that FADESA have at last paid their EUC charges for 2010. That of course means they are now eligible to vote which until today they were not. Odd that! I wonder if they will again put themselves foreward for the board and will want to have 2 representatives similar to their attempt at the first meeting. They will of course carry the day on watever they decide to so it looks as though we will be stuck with the Mayor as president for the next 2 years at least if that is what they want!

I would urge all Esurians who are in Campo on the 24th to get down too the Casa Grande at 6.0pm on the 24th and show that we are not stupid and do care about our living conditions.
Hi John

This came up last year, they hadnt paid but voted anyway. The normal rule of non-payment=non vote doesnt apply to them. However its interesting that they have paid their dues for 2010 - I wonder if they also paid for 09?

Also last year there was a clear feedback from the meeting that there was no need for an L+G office in CE - but once things had died down, months later, they still said that the residents wanted the office.

Good luck at the meeting and getting your voice heard.... and more importantly acted on!

Jon
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 8:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The EUC Board will meet next Tuesday 7th June to set the agenda for the AGM. If you have any burning issues it might be worth letting the President know via L & G.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Jun 3rd 2011 at 8:32 pm.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

Hi all

we are new to this game, having just bought an apartment on Las Colinas (that's the complex at the top of the hill). We will be in CE for the meeting on 24th June but have just received an email telling us that the intercommunity meeting for Las Colinas is also on the 24th at the golf club (is this done deliberatly so that we can't go to both!!). can anyone advise us how to get our wishes known if we can't attend this meeting as we obviously can't attend both.

thanks for any help that we can get.

Kath
Old Jun 7th 2011, 12:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Kath and Ted
Hi all

we are new to this game, having just bought an apartment on Las Colinas (that's the complex at the top of the hill). We will be in CE for the meeting on 24th June but have just received an email telling us that the intercommunity meeting for Las Colinas is also on the 24th at the golf club (is this done deliberatly so that we can't go to both!!). can anyone advise us how to get our wishes known if we can't attend this meeting as we obviously can't attend both.

Kath
Hi Kath and Ted

Welcome to the Ayamonte club. There are lots of new people up at Las Colinas but I doubt the Mayor (who is also President of the EUC) and his cohorts are bright enough to have worked out the coincedence of dates. In any event the EUC has strange rules and only the presidents of Inter-Communities are allowed to vote so by being there you will only get frustrated.

If you have owned in Spain before you will know the form if you have not then it is a whole new world. If it follows the patten of other communities on Esuri then the format and rules will be just like all the others on Esuri and if they can Fadesa will get themselves appointed as President and Secretary. However since the Banks actually sold a lot of the properties you may find that it is more like the law designed it to be and is much more democratic. You would be best going to your intercommmunity meeting and making sure that it starts off on the right footing. Though you may not have a vote if they say that only community Presidents can vote.

Again welcome and do not be downhearted CE is a great place and it is getting better slowly!
Old Jun 7th 2011, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kath and Ted
Hi all

Kath
Hi Kath and Ted,

Well, you might be able to attend both meetings. It depends on the timing. Check when your intercommunity AGM starts.
An intercommunity AGM may start at 10am and go on 'til @1pm for example.
Have lunch, take a siesta, but set your alarm clock.
Head into town for the EUC AGM for 5pm. Expect to wait around a bit. Prepare to set aside 3 hours of your time.

Get to know the administrator of the intercommunity, the President of the intercommunity, and the President of your own building or "bloque". (I'm not sure if Las Colinas are divided into "bloques" or "manzanas", as are some other communites on Esuri.) Has the community of owners at Las Colinas appointed/elected any of the above?

You can/should raise any questions to your President, or intercommunity President. You are allowed to attend any community or intercommunity meetings; however, you have the right to vote in your community AGM only if you pay your fees to your particular community. You may elect a proxy to vote on your behalf. During the intercommunity AGM, only the Presidents vote on the issues recorded on the Agenda.

Do you follow so far? If not, take a look at any info on a google search of the "ley de propiedad horizontal".

Re: the EUC AGM. This bit is open for discussion.
If your intercommunity President can not attend the EUC AGM, then I believe it is possible for he/she to elect a proxy, eg. vice president or administrator of the intercommunity. Votes are counted by co-efficients (percentages), so having your community represented at the EUC AGM is very important.

I understand only intercommunity Presidents and owners of "parcelas", or private land, may voice any queries/objections to the board members of the EUC and vote on any issues raised on the Agenda for the EUC AGM.

Please remind me, do the board members carry a co-efficient each? President, V.President, Sec, Treas.? Does MF carry as large a co-efficient as at last year's AGM?
Old Jun 9th 2011, 9:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

We thought we knew!

"EUC Annual General Meeting is on Friday 29th July at 17.00hrs"

I am sure I will tread on some toes by posting this however if anyone was coming over for the meeting in particular I felt I should inform as soon as I knew. The date has been changed it is now the "29th July".

It will not be noted on the EUC website until Saturday. One item on the agenda will be election/re-election of board members.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Jun 9th 2011 at 9:37 pm.
Old Jun 10th 2011, 8:36 am
BE Positive

We thought we knew!

I am sure I will tread on some toes by posting this however if anyone was coming over for the meeting in particular I felt I should inform as soon as I knew. The date has been changed it is now the "29th July".

It will not be noted on the EUC website until Saturday. One item on the agenda will be election/re-election of board members.

Hi John

Thanks for the update.. I have to wonder who feels their 'toes are being stepped on'... what possible reason would anyone have to feel uncomfortable about you informing us about the change of the date of a meeting of an organisation that we are all being asked to PAY for! I wouldnt be too concerned about these people. They can get a pair of steel toecap shoes and no doubt charge it to the EUC!

Keep the good info coming and thanks again
Jon
Old Jun 20th 2011, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Woodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant future

Yes thanks John, I had just planned my itinery around that, I can now change things.
Kim
Old Jun 20th 2011, 2:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The agenda is now up on the EUC website :-

AGENDA
1. - Reading and approval of previous minutes.
2. - Presentation of accounts of the year 2010 and approval as appropriate.
3. - Report of measures taken.
4. - Approval of the budget for 2011.
5. - Advisory Board election.
6. - Requests and questions.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 2:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If you dig around a bit you may stumble across the budget for 2011.

1.- EXPENSES.

1.- MAINTENANCE, CLEANING, GARDENING AND SECURITY

637.063,20 €

2.- ADMINISTRATION AND MANAGEMENT

81.335,28 €

3.- INSURANCE

10.000,00 €

4.- PURCHASES

40.000,00 €

5.- SUPPLIES

4.000,00 €

6.- PUBLICITY

4.000,00 €

7.- ADVISORY BOARD MEMBERS EXPENSES

6.000,00 €

8.- PEST CONTROL

10.000,00 €

9.- RENTAL

12.000,00 €

10.- COMMUNICATIONS

10.000,00 €

11.- REPRESENTATION EXPENSES

6.000,00 €

TOTAL EXPENSES:

820.398,48 €

2.- INVESTMENTS

12.- FURNITURE

10.000,00 €

13.- COMPUTER EQUIPMENT

5.000,00 €

TOTAL INVESTMENTS:

15.000,00 €

TOTAL BUDGET:

835.398,48 €

This shows that the EUC is a million euro a year business and we are assured that they do not have to have a formal AUDIT!

The same items that raised such disquiet last time are still there!

11. Representation Expenses 6,000

12. Furniture 10,000

13. Computer Equipment 5,000

7.- Supplies.

Referred to the possible costs that cover necessary supplies, such as electricity and water in case of renting a local to install the SEAT on the E.U.C. in Costa Esuri.

This item I take to mean they are yet again trying to rent an office on Esuri even when Fadesa, bless em, offered free accomodation and computing in their office.

8.- Advertising.

Referred in this section to create the web page, Could not be created in the previous year for the reasons given above, and is considered essentials as a means to have informed all owners of the activity undertaken by the management and companies contract.

If you take a look they already have a website so why build another, have a look here

http://euccostaesuri.com

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Jun 20th 2011 at 3:00 pm.
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:17 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

John

Just dipping into my emails etc and off out but wanted to thank you very much for posting all this info about the EUC - although I could scream !!!!!

Mel

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.