Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

EUC Annual meeting

EUC Annual meeting

Old Feb 14th 2011, 6:50 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default EUC Annual meeting

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
-12 here, freezing cold and all hands to the deck tomorrow as our son and family move house BUT I suddenly feel warmer...BECAUSE MY BLOOD IS BOILING !!! €12K for entertainment, new CE offices etc etc is it just ridiculous - I am SO angry, we feel fools for paying but not the type to dip out but many have and we subsidise them, the EUC and L & G who do nowt !
Stupid or what ?

Hi this time last year we were all talking about the first EUC AGM.

Does anybody know what the plans are for the second meeting? If we can see a proper set of accounts, then this could be very interesting! Especially if some the banks (+Fadesa??) are paying their dues for the EUC as they have done for the intercommunity/community fees

Im sure there are strict rules about the AGM timing too.

As I am suspicious about the way all this is run, I think the numbers are very important. Also in this AGM, the new 'associations' can have their first say. And perhaps instill aset of agenda points in advance, and not have us driven by the 'junta' of the EUC. As they did last year

Thanks
Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Feb 14th 2011 at 6:55 am.
Old Feb 14th 2011, 2:31 pm
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: EUC Annual meeting

This worries me as it is another charge that SOME of us pay but many don't. There was a lot of talk/postings about this but nothing now. What happened to the RA and the OA. Is the mayor still the chairman ( is he still the mayor) and wasn't it a company he was/is associated with ie L and G who were appointed as administrators ? Who can we speak to about the agenda as I sure as hell don't want to contribute towards expenses for local solicitors etc to have entertainment on us, or offices on CE which are entirely unnecessary. Anybody on this forum speak to Steve Tipper - is he still involved? Sorry lots of questions but does anybody else feel we are being taken for fools ?
Old Feb 16th 2011, 9:07 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

There's a really useful web site for the EUC at www.euccostaesuri.com
(Well it does tell you what the weather is like)
Old Feb 16th 2011, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MikeJ
There's a really useful web site for the EUC at www.euccostaesuri.com
(Well it does tell you what the weather is like)
and thats not very accurate as it windy with rain, thunder and lightening, Bryony
Old Feb 16th 2011, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

char272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nice

does anybody know of an english speaking solicitor in or around ayamonte.thank you
Old Feb 16th 2011, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by char272
does anybody know of an english speaking solicitor in or around ayamonte.thank you
Hi

Gloria Crespo speaks fair English ,she is based in Huelva but has acted for many people in Isla Canela & I assume Costa Esuri.
Her main field is property ,I am not sure what other areas she specializes in .
If you want to sue someone I,m not sure if she will act for you but she may know another solicitor who will
Would you like her details ?

Chris
Old Feb 16th 2011, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by char272
I have used (and still do) A&A solicitors - they are just above the Bank/Post Office opposite the ferry. Ana is a lovely lady and her partner Alberto both speak excellent English and the legal secretary Mandy has English as a first language. I can send contact details by PM if you want.
[Note: My only connection with this firm is as a client]
Old Feb 16th 2011, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

char272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nicechar272 is just really nice

I have used (and still do) A&A solicitors - they are just above the Bank/Post Office opposite the ferry. Ana is a lovely lady and her partner Alberto both speak excellent English and the legal secretary Mandy has English as a first language. I can send contact details by PM if you want.
[Note: My only connection with this firm is as a client]
Thank you for this information,somebody has forwarded me the same,I will get in touch with them.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 4:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: EUC Annual meeting

Originally Posted by MEL & JOHN
This worries me as it is another charge that SOME of us pay but many don't. There was a lot of talk/postings about this but nothing now. What happened to the RA and the OA. Is the mayor still the chairman ( is he still the mayor) and wasn't it a company he was/is associated with ie L and G who were appointed as administrators ? Who can we speak to about the agenda as I sure as hell don't want to contribute towards expenses for local solicitors etc to have entertainment on us, or offices on CE which are entirely unnecessary. Anybody on this forum speak to Steve Tipper - is he still involved? Sorry lots of questions but does anybody else feel we are being taken for fools ?
Gloria comes highly recommended but lets get back on track.

RA is growing toward its first one hundred members of the officially registered asociation and we are making our introductions to those organisations who affect our lives here on Esuri such as the Ayuntamiento, Endesa, Telefonica, Ghisa, CE,GC arrangements are being made for our first social event and we welcome ideas for other activities and perhaps most important membership and support. A website is in preparation but this is a volunteer so it takes time we do not have enough funds to employ a professional. I have no news of the of the oa.

With regard to the EUC there is no news and has not been for an absolute age. I am not aware that the threatened office opened here at Esuri but you never know but I would be surprised since the adverse reaction at the meeting was very strong. Since there has been no office I doubt they will have had the brass neck to buy computors but you never know. The €12,000 lunch fund may have been spent we won't know unless they publish accounts but there is no sign of any and this is the 3rd year of the EUC. I am sure this is outside Spanish community law and the current President of the EUC is a Lawyer and Mayor of Ayamonte so he must know this.

It should be the date for the AGM of the EUC but of course with the forthcoming Ayuntamiento elections I doubt the Preident will have time until after May.

It has been said by others who should know that the Administrators L&G are useless and all the problems should be laid at their door but then it was until the Mayor was last elected LG&C the C being the Mayor or President of the EUC! I doubt there will be any comeback. Rumour has it that the Administrator contract is being retendered but no hard news there either.

Yes we are taken for fools we pay and apart from the gardeners no visible movement for about €1m per annum. I wonder if when Fadesa come out of Admin there will be changes?

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Feb 16th 2011 at 4:55 pm.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 9:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

To join the association approach one of the cmttee members and they will need your name, DNI/NIE number, address (at Esuri) and an email address for communications. The rules of the registration at the Gobernio require this information and we follow he Data Protection regulations to kep this information confidential to the Secretary.

O'h I almost forgot €5 per person as the joinining fee and first years membership fee.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 7:32 am
MEL & JOHN

MEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond reputeMEL & JOHN has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks for the update and it looks as if we will be able to make a couple of RA meetings this year. Can you send me a pm of a committee member so we can join.

The news of the EUC is not unxpected ie money collected in and a fair ol' sum apparently, some out for a good time for the EUC cmmtee. L&G...LG & C and SO little for CE.

Grrrrrr !

Mel
Old Feb 17th 2011, 9:18 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Gloria comes highly recommended but lets get back on track.

RA is growing toward its first one hundred members of the officially registered asociation and we are making our introductions to those organisations who affect our lives here on Esuri such as the Ayuntamiento, Endesa, Telefonica, Ghisa, CE,GC arrangements are being made for our first social event and we welcome ideas for other activities and perhaps most important membership and support. A website is in preparation but this is a volunteer so it takes time we do not have enough funds to employ a professional. I have no news of the of the oa.

With regard to the EUC there is no news and has not been for an absolute age. I am not aware that the threatened office opened here at Esuri but you never know but I would be surprised since the adverse reaction at the meeting was very strong. Since there has been no office I doubt they will have had the brass neck to buy computors but you never know. The €12,000 lunch fund may have been spent we won't know unless they publish accounts but there is no sign of any and this is the 3rd year of the EUC. I am sure this is outside Spanish community law and the current President of the EUC is a Lawyer and Mayor of Ayamonte so he must know this.

It should be the date for the AGM of the EUC but of course with the forthcoming Ayuntamiento elections I doubt the Preident will have time until after May.

It has been said by others who should know that the Administrators L&G are useless and all the problems should be laid at their door but then it was until the Mayor was last elected LG&C the C being the Mayor or President of the EUC! I doubt there will be any comeback. Rumour has it that the Administrator contract is being retendered but no hard news there either.

Yes we are taken for fools we pay and apart from the gardeners no visible movement for about €1m per annum. I wonder if when Fadesa come out of Admin there will be changes?
Thanks as ever John for the information.

EUC

The fact that we dont know anything about the accounts, whether an office is set up, whether they had 12K of nice lunches whether they bought computers etc etc etc is a clear indication of how the EUC have no interest in informing the residents. In fact I would even suspect that they dont want to inform to much - and instill debate, so that they can continue to 'rule' and do whatever they want.

However a couple of points.
  1. On the RA board is the Treasurer of the EUC. Surely that is the best 'in' we have to the EUC. Im sure the treasurer wants to contribute to the management of RA and can update us all on the accounts. The accounts are the most important thing to understand I think. Now we have no reason to be in the dark!
  2. Surely there are LAWS relating to the AGM: E.g When they should have one and what should be reported. They cant take money and then feel no need for reporting and feedback, if of course the EUC is a legal organisation. The fact that there are elections this year, doesnt surely excuse the board of an organisation reporting accounts and having an AGM. (If it is a legal organisation, they are legally bound to report - surely?)

On that point MANY people are not paying the EUC dues and we have seen on this forum preset-letters disagreeing with the EUC and officially calling into question their legality. These, as I understand it, were drawn up by lawyers and are officially recognised and court-approved communications. The people who sent those letters don't need to pay as they have officially complained and the next step is with the EUC. (To prove that they are in fact a legal organisation)

We don't know what (if any) steps are being taken against non-payers. People I know who haven't paid have heard nothing.

Also Fadesa are a big part of the debtors and hold places on the EUC board... This is outrageous, as in the communities and intercommunities if you havent paid - you dont vote. Pretty obvious rule surely!! ?

Hmmm... if board-members MF havent paid and if it isnt in their interest to have legal action and non-payment fines.... then why should anyone pay either. We are safe in this situation! Cant have 2 rules here - one for the board - and one for the members! There are 3 payments taken so far the one end 2009, June '10 and December '10.

We've even had people exercising their right to see the accounts and making the appointment only to arrive and no-one is there!

This whole thing is full of holes and unless the EUC learn to communicate properly - what other conclusion can people draw than to be very suspicious - in the least. Re-arrange these words 'up' + 'stitch'!

We pay by direct debit even though I am very suspicious of the whole EUC organisation, and think that they see us as 'rich pickings'. The 'broad objective' is I dont want to see the site fail - so am putting pride aside for that.

However I am now considering stopping the payments. And join a large group of people not paying. If a lot of us do that - then watch them 'wake up'! And perhaps this would lead them to start proper reporting procedures, proper usage of the money etc etc .... after which I can pay again.. (and achieve my broader objective)

RA

I am delighted that the RA has 100 members, I didn't know this as we hadn't heard for a while. I was in CE when there was a big meeting so I knew they were up and running. Even though I know some board members I didn't realise that there were monthly meetings. Nor 100 members. Nor have I heard feedback from them - is the feedback only reserved to the members?

Perhaps a detailed feedback to the members who have paid, and broad bullet points to the rest - on this forum - explaining what you are working on would be a good idea.

That way non-members would know that there are concrete activities going on. Also in the update you would have joining details.

As ever with the EUC there is a lot of concern + suspicion. For good reasons. I wonder if there can ever be a way to stop that - when there are a lot of 2nd home owners on CE and frankly, and understandably, are more concerned with day-to-day problems at home... than some 2-bit questionable EUC organisation in CE. Perhaps that's why the EUC feel that they can get away with it. Good luck to the RA in fighting that - if that is one of their objectives. I will join up next opportunity.

Jon
Old Feb 17th 2011, 10:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
Thanks as ever John for the information.

EUC

The fact that we dont know anything about the accounts, whether an office is set up, whether they had 12K of nice lunches whether they bought computers etc etc etc is a clear indication of how the EUC have no interest in informing the residents. In fact I would even suspect that they dont want to inform to much - and instill debate, so that they can continue to 'rule' and do whatever they want. I sort of agree but "I just don't believe it"

However a couple of points.
  1. On the RA board is the Treasurer of the EUC. Surely that is the best 'in' we have to the EUC. Im sure the treasurer wants to contribute to the management of RA and can update us all on the accounts. The accounts are the most important thing to understand I think. Now we have no reason to be in the dark! Steve Tipper holds the Treasurer post and last time I asked said that L&G have not produced the accounts.
  2. Surely there are LAWS relating to the AGM: E.g When they should have one and what should be reported. They cant take money and then feel no need for reporting and feedback, if of course the EUC is a legal organisation. Yes there are and they should. The fact that there are elections this year, doesnt surely excuse the board of an organisation reporting accounts and having an AGM. No it does not the EUC and the Ayuntamiento are two entirely separate organisations the Mayor just happens to head both. (If it is a legal organisation, they are legally bound to report - surely?)
On that point MANY people are not paying the EUC dues and we have seen on this forum preset-letters disagreeing with the EUC and officially calling into question their legality. These, as I understand it, were drawn up by lawyers and are officially recognised and court-approved communications. The people who sent those letters don't need to pay as they have officially complained and the next step is with the EUC. (To prove that they are in fact a legal organisation)

We don't know what (if any) steps are being taken against non-payers. Non to my knowledge. People I know who haven't paid have heard nothing.

Also Fadesa are a big part of the debtors and hold places on the EUC board... This is outrageous, as in the communities and intercommunities if you havent paid - you dont vote. I have heard that they paid but until we see accounts who knows for sure. Pretty obvious rule surely!! ?

Hmmm... if board-members MF havent paid and if it isnt in their interest to have legal action and non-payment fines.... then why should anyone pay either. We are safe in this situation! Cant have 2 rules here - one for the board - and one for the members! There are 3 payments taken so far the one end 2009, June '10 and December '10. Same here.

We've even had people exercising their right to see the accounts and making the appointment only to arrive and no-one is there!

This whole thing is full of holes and unless the EUC learn to communicate properly - what other conclusion can people draw than to be very suspicious - in the least. Re-arrange these words 'up' + 'stitch'!

We pay by direct debit even though I am very suspicious of the whole EUC organisation, and think that they see us as 'rich pickings'. The 'broad objective' is I dont want to see the site fail - so am putting pride aside for that.

However I am now considering stopping the payments. And join a large group of people not paying. If a lot of us do that - then watch them 'wake up'! And perhaps this would lead them to start proper reporting procedures, proper usage of the money etc etc .... after which I can pay again.. (and achieve my broader objective)

RA

I am delighted that the RA has 100 members, Not sure of exact number but is certainly growing. I didn't know this as we hadn't heard for a while. I was in CE when there was a big meeting so I knew they were up and running. Even though I know some board members I didn't realise that there were monthly meetings. Monthly cmttee meetings but they are open. Nor 100 members. Nor have I heard feedback from them - is the feedback only reserved to the members? Feedback is by registered email until we get the website up and running so join register your email and you will be in the loop.

Perhaps a detailed feedback to the members who have paid, and broad bullet points to the rest - on this forum - explaining what you are working on would be a good idea. I have been told it is not good to use this forum as a means of communication BUT "I don't believe it"

That way non-members would know that there are concrete activities going on. Also in the update you would have joining details. It is a bit complicated to follow the rules of the Goberno we need to have certain info and that puts us into the realm of Data protection so we do it in person issue a receipt for the cash and give the info to the Secretary and do not keep copies. Treasurer has the copy receipt.

As ever with the EUC there is a lot of concern + suspicion. For good reasons. Agreed! I wonder if there can ever be a way to stop that - when there are a lot of 2nd home owners on CE and frankly, and understandably, are more concerned with day-to-day problems at home... than some 2-bit questionable EUC organisation in CE. Perhaps that's why the EUC feel that they can get away with it. Good luck to the RA in fighting that - if that is one of their objectives. I will join up next opportunity.

Jon
See my inserted comments above.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Feb 17th 2011 at 10:56 am.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Perhaps a detailed feedback to the members who have paid, and broad bullet points to the rest - on this forum - explaining what you are working on would be a good idea. I have been told it is not good to use this forum as a means of communication BUT "I don't believe it"...........................

See my inserted comments above.
There used to be a prevalent opinion that the forum could be used for spreading false information and unfounded rumours and by "cyber vandalism"
However, since the moderators created the Ayamonte Club area for those who have a specific interest, this is probably no longer as big a problem. I'm sure that postings by authoritative members of the committee (for example) would be welcome and after all some communication is better than no communication (viz the EUC's appalling public image). Summaries and briefings (as you have done John) are very welcome and will encourage membership for those who weren't aware of the RA - detailed information still circulated by the registered channels.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 9:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

There used to be a prevalent opinion that the forum could be used for spreading false information and unfounded rumours and by "cyber vandalism"
However, since the moderators created the Ayamonte Club area for those who have a specific interest, this is probably no longer as big a problem. I'm sure that postings by authoritative members of the committee (for example) would be welcome and after all some communication is better than no communication (viz the EUC's appalling public image). Summaries and briefings (as you have done John) are very welcome and will encourage membership for those who weren't aware of the RA - detailed information still circulated by the registered channels.
It appears that not every one thinks that the Mayor and the EUC are the disaster area that some others do. Members should get direct communication from the Secretary if email addresses are correct and when the website is up there will be public areas for general consultation. However in the interest of the principals we were formed on "freedom of information" until then I will put my two pennyworth on here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.