Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

" Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

" Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Old Aug 2nd 2007, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Up in the mountains outside Cocentaina..and loving it!
Cornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: " Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Originally Posted by chrisw
Hi Crispy! I WISH! I keep trying to join the SOLD club, but they won't let me in! Lol! But keep those thoughts going! Law of averages means I must sell it within the next couple of decades!
Love Chris XXX
Hi Chris

I'm sure that the law of averages says it must be your turn to come up trumps next. Have been up since 5 this morning. Couldn't sleep, so have done most of the preparations for this viewing today. Already know that thyey aren't in a position to buy, as they, like the couple the other day, haven't had any offers made on their place. But you just have to go through the motions don't you?

It's been raining this morning. Thick black clouds now, but has that stopped me gettting the washing out on the line now that the rain has stopped? Oh no! Got to try to dry it and get it back in again before they come at 11.45! Mad? Yes!

We are still going ahead with the meeting we set up with the agent for tonight. Even though we have had this 'offer' made, we are by no means resting on our laurels. Those people could take ages to sell their property, and we aren't prepared to stop marketing and trying to get ourselves sold.

Keep your chin up, Chris, someone is out there for your property, they just haven't found you yet!
Sally
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 8:00 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: " Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Originally Posted by Cornish maid
Hi Chris

I'm sure that the law of averages says it must be your turn to come up trumps next. Have been up since 5 this morning. Couldn't sleep, so have done most of the preparations for this viewing today. Already know that thyey aren't in a position to buy, as they, like the couple the other day, haven't had any offers made on their place. But you just have to go through the motions don't you?

It's been raining this morning. Thick black clouds now, but has that stopped me gettting the washing out on the line now that the rain has stopped? Oh no! Got to try to dry it and get it back in again before they come at 11.45! Mad? Yes!

We are still going ahead with the meeting we set up with the agent for tonight. Even though we have had this 'offer' made, we are by no means resting on our laurels. Those people could take ages to sell their property, and we aren't prepared to stop marketing and trying to get ourselves sold.

Keep your chin up, Chris, someone is out there for your property, they just haven't found you yet!
Sally
Hi Sally, how did the viewing go today? Have you got a bidding war on your hands yet? How did things go with your agents?
Our agents called today while we were at work. Do you know what they said? No, I mean it, do you know what they said? We don't because they didn't leave a message!!!! Does anyone have the telephone number of that nice place you go to have a rest? You know, the ones with the nice young men in their clean white coats! Ho hum, suppose I will have to rush to call them just before I leave for work in the morning! That should put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day! I don't anticipate any viewings as I think they would have left a message. That leaves feed back, oh no, we haven't had any viewings so we can't have any feedback! OK final possibility, update. But nothing has happened so can't be any updates! Hmmm, AHHHH got it. Heard on the radio yesterday that HIPs came into force from yesterday in England and Wales for 4 beds and over. Yup, thats us, 4 beds! This isn't getting any better is it? But wait, as the house was already on the market, it shouldn't count yet (unless of course they have now changed that!) EEK! This could be costing me money, uh oh! I better go and check the piggy bank just in case!
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 8:09 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sally, how did the viewing go today? Have you got a bidding war on your hands yet? How did things go with your agents?
Our agents called today while we were at work. Do you know what they said? No, I mean it, do you know what they said? We don't because they didn't leave a message!!!! Does anyone have the telephone number of that nice place you go to have a rest? You know, the ones with the nice young men in their clean white coats! Ho hum, suppose I will have to rush to call them just before I leave for work in the morning! That should put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day! I don't anticipate any viewings as I think they would have left a message. That leaves feed back, oh no, we haven't had any viewings so we can't have any feedback! OK final possibility, update. But nothing has happened so can't be any updates! Hmmm, AHHHH got it. Heard on the radio yesterday that HIPs came into force from yesterday in England and Wales for 4 beds and over. Yup, thats us, 4 beds! This isn't getting any better is it? But wait, as the house was already on the market, it shouldn't count yet (unless of course they have now changed that!) EEK! This could be costing me money, uh oh! I better go and check the piggy bank just in case!
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Cornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond reputeCornish maid has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Chris what a load of t****ers your agents sound! They need a rocket up their anuses. Fancy phoning and not leaving a message...even if it was to say 'we are still alive, are you??'

The viewing today was, I am certain, a negative one. Not because they said anything negative, but because they said NOTHING...NADA.. went through the cottage like a dose of salts, practically sprinted round the gardens and left! So, we awaited the agents visit tonight.....

He arrived, we had already discussed between us how much we thought the price should be dropped by....after all, offers from people who can't actually BUY are not really worth much are they??

We were astonished to say the least! He told us that the couple who had viewed the other day (the ones who made the 'offer') had been in touch with him today and told him that they really DO want our place and that they had been to see the bank about a bridging loan! They are having to wait until tomorrow for the answer, and will ring him, who in turn will ring me!

I am trying desperately not to get carried away by all this, because once he finds out what the repayments are he might well change his mind.

One of the big things is that the guy has had heart bypass surgery, his garden at the moment is over an acre, and is too much for him to deal with...ours is 1/3 acre, and he says it's perfect for what they want....they do say they like the interior too though! So that is an added incentive for them to go ahead with the loan...who knows??

I was up by 4.30-5.00 this morning, I had been awake since 3..mind was in a whirl, thinking about everything. I need a decent nights sleep, but find that although I drop off ok, I wake up totally awake in the wee small hours and that's it.

So, I will let you know what the outcome is. I have been out and bought candles from the wholesaler...there is now a severe shortage of them here in Cornwall, but our cottage is so LIGHT!!!!!

Sorry this is a bit of a rambler, but there was a lot to say!
Sally
Old Aug 2nd 2007, 8:44 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Chris what a load of t****ers your agents sound! They need a rocket up their anuses. Fancy phoning and not leaving a message...even if it was to say 'we are still alive, are you??'

The viewing today was, I am certain, a negative one. Not because they said anything negative, but because they said NOTHING...NADA.. went through the cottage like a dose of salts, practically sprinted round the gardens and left! So, we awaited the agents visit tonight.....

He arrived, we had already discussed between us how much we thought the price should be dropped by....after all, offers from people who can't actually BUY are not really worth much are they??

We were astonished to say the least! He told us that the couple who had viewed the other day (the ones who made the 'offer') had been in touch with him today and told him that they really DO want our place and that they had been to see the bank about a bridging loan! They are having to wait until tomorrow for the answer, and will ring him, who in turn will ring me!

I am trying desperately not to get carried away by all this, because once he finds out what the repayments are he might well change his mind.

One of the big things is that the guy has had heart bypass surgery, his garden at the moment is over an acre, and is too much for him to deal with...ours is 1/3 acre, and he says it's perfect for what they want....they do say they like the interior too though! So that is an added incentive for them to go ahead with the loan...who knows??

I was up by 4.30-5.00 this morning, I had been awake since 3..mind was in a whirl, thinking about everything. I need a decent nights sleep, but find that although I drop off ok, I wake up totally awake in the wee small hours and that's it.

So, I will let you know what the outcome is. I have been out and bought candles from the wholesaler...there is now a severe shortage of them here in Cornwall, but our cottage is so LIGHT!!!!!

Sally
LOL!! Hi Sally LOL!! I am still chuckling after reading your post! See, I knew it, I knew I had a sister and we were seperated at birth! Reading about your not being able to sleep when you have a viewing, and then getting up in the early hours getting to prepare! THAT'S ME! EXACTLY!
You watch what you are doing with those candles mind, you don't want to burn the place down at this stage of the proceedings!! Moderation Sally, moderation!
And all I can say is,
Fabulous news, Yay!!!
I don't think you will have much to worry about with the bridging loan and repayments, look how much OVER the asking price they offered! Doesn't sound as though it will be a problem for them. I am SO keeping my fingers crossed for you! Update us AS SOON as you hear from them![/SIZE]
Love Chris XXX
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 12:02 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Sally
hpoe everything goes Ok for you and it all comes off OK.
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 4:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mikelincs
hpoe everything goes Ok for you and it all comes off OK.
Thanks Mike. Just heard from the agent. Has been trying to contact buyer ALL day and keeps getting answer machine. He apparently left a message overnight to say he doesn't think they will be proceeding with the bridging loan

Can't blame him really, it would have been a huge committment.
Back to square one. I think I shall construct a funeral pyre of all those candles and sit myself on it
Old Aug 3rd 2007, 5:51 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

Unhappy Re: " Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Thanks Mike. Just heard from the agent. Has been trying to contact buyer ALL day and keeps getting answer machine. He apparently left a message overnight to say he doesn't think they will be proceeding with the bridging loan

Can't blame him really, it would have been a huge committment.
Back to square one. I think I shall construct a funeral pyre of all those candles and sit myself on it
Hi Sally, sorry to hear no possitive update yet, but they might sell their house quickly so don't get too dispondant. If they don't, move over and make room for me too!
Old Aug 12th 2007, 7:53 am
Livin' in Spain at last!

Hi al!
Found out what our agents phoned us for.They have taken on another property identical to ours and have put it on the market for £30k more than ours! The agents just wanted us to know that they had not set the price and considered it well over market price, but said they felt it would draw attention to ours with a lower asking price.
Had no viewings for about 2 months now! We are almost finished the patio. It was looking a bit tired so leveled some of the slabs that were a little uneven, removed all the sand in between the slabs and have regrouted with mortar. What a difference it has made! It looks like a new patio!
No doubt the next viewers willl say they prefer decking or something! :curse: We all know how fickle these viewers can be so possitive vibes for a possitive viewing soon please?
Chris XXX
Old Aug 12th 2007, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Chris

What a difference in the prices! I am sure that these new people who have put their house on the market will very quickly be dropping the price. They must just be testing out things.

We have dropped our price, and so far haven't got one more viewing
Our agent did warn us that August is always a slow month with very little interest, but as we have pointed out we seem to have had very little interest ever since being on the market!

The one good bit of news is that the couple who made the offer, but hadn't sold their cottage have confirmed that they still ARE interested in ours. They just have to find a buyer...worrying, because we have now discovered that they have already had 2 sales fall through...you can't help but worry that there is something wrong with their place. Unless they are just very unlucky.

We are off to CB on Thursday morning (early). A good friend is going to be available to do any viewings that might crop up, but to be honest I just can't see it happening this month. We are only there for a few days, so have got a lot to pack in!

Good luck, Chris. Let's hope that you start getting people through your door soon...it's about time it was your turn!
Sally
Old Aug 12th 2007, 10:39 am
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Hi al!
Found out what our agents phoned us for.They have taken on another property identical to ours and have put it on the market for £30k more than ours! The agents just wanted us to know that they had not set the price and considered it well over market price, but said they felt it would draw attention to ours with a lower asking price.
Had no viewings for about 2 months now! We are almost finished the patio. It was looking a bit tired so leveled some of the slabs that were a little uneven, removed all the sand in between the slabs and have regrouted with mortar. What a difference it has made! It looks like a new patio!
No doubt the next viewers willl say they prefer decking or something! :curse: We all know how fickle these viewers can be so possitive vibes for a possitive viewing soon please?
Chris XXX
Oh Chris It's a bit of a kick in the teeth isn't it
Old Aug 12th 2007, 12:16 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi al!
Chris XXX

This could well be a huge advantage to you if the viewers think that either the other house is over priced or that you have put yours on the market a bit low. With the houses being similar they will obviously put in an offer on the lower priced one.

Think positive.

Rosemary
Old Aug 19th 2007, 8:34 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

Hi All! Thought I would post a quick update as haven't been on the sight much this week! I have been trying to finish the patio in between the showers. All I have to do is sweep over a bit of dry mortar on the last section I did, but found meself another job to do first. Doing a bit of cementing under the boundary fence as next door's garden keeps ending up on our patio! And with the patio all clean and level, wanted to finish that before I mortar the last bit. Not hard work, but you can only apply so much cement at a time or it all ends up on the deck! I am working late shift this week so will have plenty of time before work to do a bit each morning (weather permitting!)
I am getting myself in a bit of a panic in case we get a viewing and it's not finished! I know what would happen, we would get some silly comments like "they are concerned about the cement work" Ha Ha He He! Oops, sorry I seem to have developed a bit of a manic laugh and nervous tick since the house has been up for sale!! Next week end I have got to start to recover the seat cushions in the conservatory. I tried to wash them a couple of weeks ago and they started disintegrating! So I just bought meself a new sewing machine and ordered some fabric. I haven't used one for years so better put some L-plates on it! I was hoping to start them next week end as I have a 3 day week end with the bank holiday Monday, but the fabric might not have arrived by then. No No, please don't force me to sit down for 3 whole days and NOT do any work to the house, I couldn't stand it!
Nothing new on the house from our Agent, in fact I think they must have relocated to Venezuela or somewhere as we haven't heard a peep!
However, Bob was at work the other day, and there are some workmen on site and one of them told Bob his brother was thinking of moving back to Wales, and had asked him to look around for him. He said to Bob his brother wants to move to Gower. He said "you live on the Gower don't you? Bob said yes. He said "I was looking at a house on the internet last night". He described it and Bob said "that's my house"! He said said his brother is on holiday at the moment, but that night he sent the information to his brother so he gets it when he returns! How weird is that? I don't think for one minute that anything will come of it, it just struck me as weird, and how small the world really is when they have access to the internet!
Right enough about that. Anybody else had any updates about their moving? What is the market like in your corners of the world?
Big hi to Sam (brisca) please don't think I have forgotten you Sam. Got your PM and promise I will reply just as soon as I can break the back of this cementing !
Sam Parky (Pam Sarky, did I miss something with the name change Sam?) How is Sammy? Has he had his pins out yet? Josh had his cast off about 3 weeks ago, and I am not too happy with his progress this past week. I think he may have overdone it a bit. Bob has not walked him too far, but everytime someone comes, he goes ballistic and starts jumping! (Right Brisca?!) I have put a crepe bandage on his leg to give him a little light support and he does seem to be a little more steady now so fingers crossed!
Hi Lionda, thanks for your good wishes, how is life out there? Are you enjoing the weather? It was great when Brisca was over here, but now she's gone back and I think the weather has gone with her! The average temperature here this past week has been between 13 - 18!! Missing our weather?
Crispygirl and Rosemary, (Kyla I have pm'd you), Jean, Sally and Martha, how are things with you all? Been enjoying your jokes Martha, keep em coming! I just recieved one from my friend so have posted that!
How are all the lads? Behaving yourselves I hope?
Chris XXX

Last edited by chrisw; Aug 19th 2007 at 8:44 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2007, 9:58 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Chris

It really is a very small world now with the internet, lets hope that the internet pictures of your house makes him want to come for a viewing and then buy it. That is exactly what happened with us when we were looking for a house in Spain. I kept on returning to the photo's of this house and was determined to view it and then bought it.

Update on us is that the house revamp is still happening but at a much slower pace because of the humidity but little by little it is becoming less of a building site and more of a home.

Last week a young lady and her mother rang our bell and asked a favour of me. The girl wants to go for an interview which will entail her using some English and she wanted to get some practice at speaking the language so I am seeing her for a couple of hours three times a week until her interview. Hopefully she will then give me some time to speak in Spanish with her.

We thoroughly enjoyed meeting other members in Javea on Saturday evening and hope that this will be an ongoing event and that more and more people will attend.

Our neighbour's daughter took us to the local swimming pool this afternoon and we loved it, only thing is that the pool is only open until the end of the month but we were told that we can register at the indoor pool in a nearby town so that will be our next quest.

Great to hear from you and fingers etc crossed for the house.

Rosemary
Old Aug 19th 2007, 10:54 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Hi All! Thought I would post a quick update as haven't been on the sight much this week! I have been trying to finish the patio in between the showers. All I have to do is sweep over a bit of dry mortar on the last section I did, but found meself another job to do first. Doing a bit of cementing under the boundary fence as next door's garden keeps ending up on our patio! And with the patio all clean and level, wanted to finish that before I mortar the last bit. Not hard work, but you can only apply so much cement at a time or it all ends up on the deck! I am working late shift this week so will have plenty of time before work to do a bit each morning (weather permitting!)
I am getting myself in a bit of a panic in case we get a viewing and it's not finished! I know what would happen, we would get some silly comments like "they are concerned about the cement work" Ha Ha He He! Oops, sorry I seem to have developed a bit of a manic laugh and nervous tick since the house has been up for sale!! Next week end I have got to start to recover the seat cushions in the conservatory. I tried to wash them a couple of weeks ago and they started disintegrating! So I just bought meself a new sewing machine and ordered some fabric. I haven't used one for years so better put some L-plates on it! I was hoping to start them next week end as I have a 3 day week end with the bank holiday Monday, but the fabric might not have arrived by then. No No, please don't force me to sit down for 3 whole days and NOT do any work to the house, I couldn't stand it!
Nothing new on the house from our Agent, in fact I think they must have relocated to Venezuela or somewhere as we haven't heard a peep!
However, Bob was at work the other day, and there are some workmen on site and one of them told Bob his brother was thinking of moving back to Wales, and had asked him to look around for him. He said to Bob his brother wants to move to Gower. He said "you live on the Gower don't you? Bob said yes. He said "I was looking at a house on the internet last night". He described it and Bob said "that's my house"! He said said his brother is on holiday at the moment, but that night he sent the information to his brother so he gets it when he returns! How weird is that? I don't think for one minute that anything will come of it, it just struck me as weird, and how small the world really is when they have access to the internet!
Right enough about that. Anybody else had any updates about their moving? What is the market like in your corners of the world?
Big hi to Sam (brisca) please don't think I have forgotten you Sam. Got your PM and promise I will reply just as soon as I can break the back of this cementing !
Sam Parky (Pam Sarky, did I miss something with the name change Sam?) How is Sammy? Has he had his pins out yet? Josh had his cast off about 3 weeks ago, and I am not too happy with his progress this past week. I think he may have overdone it a bit. Bob has not walked him too far, but everytime someone comes, he goes ballistic and starts jumping! (Right Brisca?!) I have put a crepe bandage on his leg to give him a little light support and he does seem to be a little more steady now so fingers crossed!
Hi Lionda, thanks for your good wishes, how is life out there? Are you enjoing the weather? It was great when Brisca was over here, but now she's gone back and I think the weather has gone with her! The average temperature here this past week has been between 13 - 18!! Missing our weather?
Crispygirl and Rosemary, (Kyla I have pm'd you), Jean, Sally and Martha, how are things with you all? Been enjoying your jokes Martha, keep em coming! I just recieved one from my friend so have posted that!
How are all the lads? Behaving yourselves I hope?
Chris XXX

Hi Chris, glad to see you are keeping yourself busy with some light cement work, always good for the hands. Things are good this end, had a little bit of dodgy weather last week, you now the stuff a bit cloudy and dull, it was actually cold one day but all that has gone now and we are back to hot and sunny. Number one son an his children were here for 9 days (should have been 6 but he missed his flight back, don't ask I still can't work it out) we have spent the last 4 days resting up and then today went mad cleaning every where ready for yet another Real Estate Agent in the morning. Had a really great evening down by the beach, had a lovely meal and then went for a walk, bumped into friends with their family who had arrived last night for a two week stay. Tuesday number 1 daughter and her motley crew arrive for two weeks so I expect I will be a little bust with them. Take care Chris, still thinking of you and the sale of the house. Be good. love CrispygirlXX

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.