Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Escritura required for new vehicle purchase?

Escritura required for new vehicle purchase?

Old Oct 27th 2008, 4:16 pm
Run Forrest, Run.....

Rocky Balboa is on a distinguished road
Default Escritura required for new vehicle purchase?

Dealer told me he needs a copy of my Escritura but I don't have it. I've spoken to my lawyer but it's like extracting blood from a stone.

Is this essential or is there a way around it? I've already given him a copy of my passport and NIE certificate.

If I do need a copy of the Escritura is there a quicker way of getting it without using my lawyer?

Thx.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

03630 will become famous soon enough03630 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Escritura required for new vehicle purchase?

Originally Posted by Rocky Balboa
Dealer told me he needs a copy of my Escritura but I don't have it. I've spoken to my lawyer but it's like extracting blood from a stone.

Is this essential or is there a way around it? I've already given him a copy of my passport and NIE certificate.

If I do need a copy of the Escritura is there a quicker way of getting it without using my lawyer?

Thx.
The problem as explained to me by the police is they want to locate cars and guns for that matter against addresses. They will accept rental agreements and padrons.
Old Oct 27th 2008, 4:47 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

New cars you need padron or escritura, padron is easier as you now only get this if you have residencia etc. You can get S/H cars using just passport
Old Oct 27th 2008, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Regardless of whether you need it for purchasing a vehicle, you should have your escritura anyway.

If your lawyer will not give it to you go the the notary who granted the original escritura with the identification you used in the purchase and ask for a second copy. I don't mean a 'copia simple' but a full blown second copy of the original. You will need to give the protocol number or the approximate date of granting.

Once you have this, or even before if you have the registration details, obtain a 'nota simple' from the property registry because I would be suspicious that, if your lawyer is being awkward, the escritura has not even been registered.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 8:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 03630
The problem as explained to me by the police is they want to locate cars and guns for that matter against addresses. They will accept rental agreements and padrons.
I legally hold firearms ,the guardia never asked for anything other than i.d card which incidently has a p.o box number for the address and they never visited my house, Is it possible the dealer is securing car finance against your house?

Rgds