Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

english tv in jerez

english tv in jerez

Old Jun 29th 2011, 11:15 am
Just Joined

susanpaulw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default english tv in jerez

Hi we have been in Jerez de la Frontera 3 weeks now, we have been told that a 1.2 sat dish with a free sat box is great for english tv. Has anyone erected this themselves and any idea where to buy the dish from other than UK.
We have ordered the free sat box and that is being delivered thru Amazon free delivery.
Appreciate any help
Old Jun 29th 2011, 12:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: english tv in jerez

Originally Posted by susanpaulw
Hi we have been in Jerez de la Frontera 3 weeks now, we have been told that a 1.2 sat dish with a free sat box is great for english tv. Has anyone erected this themselves and any idea where to buy the dish from other than UK.
We have ordered the free sat box and that is being delivered thru Amazon free delivery.
Appreciate any help
Have you come across the forum on mycadiz.biz ?

There are lots of British people who post there and they are more local to the Jerez area, although I don't think there are any posters in Jerez itself. Lots of people from the Chiclana area, and that is within striking distance of Jerez. They might be able to give you more localised info.

I have this vague memory of discussing Sky tv in Jerez before and was told that Jerez is either in a very good area to receive the tv, or in a complete blackspot.........but I can't remember which!!
Old Jun 29th 2011, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

Dougle is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Of course sourcing a localised company would sometimes be better and cheaper, Not always, so worth looking around.

We have worked in Jerez many times and Sky is perfect with a 1.3m Gibertini dish,

A 1.2m will work for Freesat but the bigger the dish the better reception, I would not source one and install your self, Its a professional job, Its not rocket science but a little harder than aligning a dish in the UK.

Regards, Carl.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 3:28 pm
Just Joined

susanpaulw is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok thank you for the advice and the Cadiz link...
will do some more investigating
Old Jun 29th 2011, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

battlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond reputebattlezone123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dougle
Hi

Of course sourcing a localised company would sometimes be better and cheaper, Not always, so worth looking around.

We have worked in Jerez many times and Sky is perfect with a 1.3m Gibertini dish,

A 1.2m will work for Freesat but the bigger the dish the better reception, I would not source one and install your self, Its a professional job, Its not rocket science but a little harder than aligning a dish in the UK.

Regards, Carl.
Buy a satellite finder for about £10 and you will have no problem finding the satellite. I would recommend doing it yourself - buy a dish, make sure you have a hard stand to bolt the dish to, and with the satellite finder you will have English TV. When our dish gets blown out of alignment we just put the TV onto the weakest channel and within minutes we will have the picture back using the finder.

As the Carl says it is not rocket science and would work out much cheaper to do it yourself.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 6:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by battlezone123
Buy a satellite finder for about £10 and you will have no problem finding the satellite. I would recommend doing it yourself - buy a dish, make sure you have a hard stand to bolt the dish to, and with the satellite finder you will have English TV. When our dish gets blown out of alignment we just put the TV onto the weakest channel and within minutes we will have the picture back using the finder.

As the Carl says it is not rocket science and would work out much cheaper to do it yourself.
I have recently changed my dish ( secondhand ) and agree with battlezone, however be careful there are a few satellites grouped closely so make sure you have the right one, usually trial and error with a cheap meter.

Useful link for satellite positions
http://www.dishpointer.com/
Old Jul 1st 2011, 12:40 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
I have recently changed my dish ( secondhand ) and agree with battlezone, however be careful there are a few satellites grouped closely so make sure you have the right one, usually trial and error with a cheap meter.

Useful link for satellite positions
http://www.dishpointer.com/
have the app on my iphone , it is the best money i very spent and used here in spain across EU and now used in Usa aswell ...
its time saver