Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

English speaking jobs in Spain

English speaking jobs in Spain

Old Mar 10th 2021, 6:03 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English speaking jobs in Spain

Originally Posted by agree_to_disagree
What happened to the guy who wanted to come to Spain with his family and drive busses here...

Seems to have gone AWOL....
As their post was put on here less than 24 hours ago you are being very quick to think in that manner.

Rosemary
Old Mar 10th 2021, 6:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Subject to having been registered with DGT before the cut off date licence exchanges will be carried out under the pre Brexit rules which state that you cannot be deprived of entitlements, they may however be subject to national rules on age, medicals, and periods of validity.

For groups above B and BE medicals are required either on an annual or bi-annual basis and those are noted on the licence by their expiry dates.

Whether such an exchanged licence would be accepted by a Spanish employer is another question, before Brexit EU rules might have obliged it, now as 3rd county nationals probably not.
Old Mar 10th 2021, 6:40 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

I think people who are waiting for an 11th hour agreement to be able to exchange licences might as well switch to plan B now, the British government already said they just wanted a bare trade agreement to have as little to do with the EU as possible so I don't think negotiating agreements with the whole bloc or 27 individual countries about exchanging driving licences is high up on their list.
Old Mar 10th 2021, 8:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Notdunroamin
Subject to having been registered with DGT before the cut off date licence exchanges will be carried out under the pre Brexit rules which state that you cannot be deprived of entitlements, they may however be subject to national rules on age, medicals, and periods of validity.

For groups above B and BE medicals are required either on an annual or bi-annual basis and those are noted on the licence by their expiry dates.

Whether such an exchanged licence would be accepted by a Spanish employer is another question, before Brexit EU rules might have obliged it, now as 3rd county nationals probably not.
When I went for my medical (don't laugh) in November I was asked which categories I wanted to keep.

The nice lady then explained some of them were not valid in Spain anyway and others would need immediate retests due to the fact that the Uk allowed longer durations between tests than Spain.

Just checked my temp permit and it appears Ive lost A but can still drive AM,B,BE,C1,C1E up to 8.5t.
Bit miffed about losing the full bike one but hey ho.
Old Mar 10th 2021, 10:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barriej
I kept my full bike licence without any problem?
Old Mar 11th 2021, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

breakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond repute

the theory test can be done in English but not the practical.

reference: personal experience in Murcia

Originally Posted by Chipmonk
And lets be honest if you dont speak Spanish you have zero chance of passing full test. There might be possibilities to do test fully in English but I have never seen that confirmed on any official site. Basically for any Brit thinking of living in Spain forget residency requirements etc. If you want to drive you will need to learn Spanish
Old Mar 11th 2021, 8:58 am
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Barriej
When I went for my medical (don't laugh) in November I was asked which categories I wanted to keep.

The nice lady then explained some of them were not valid in Spain anyway and others would need immediate retests due to the fact that the Uk allowed longer durations between tests than Spain.

Just checked my temp permit and it appears Ive lost A but can still drive AM,B,BE,C1,C1E up to 8.5t.
Challenge that as there is no reason that you should loose your A entitlement.
Old Mar 11th 2021, 9:18 am
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

When I went for the medical, she only included the category for driving cars and left off lots of categories.

I went back for the place where I had the medical and she reissued the form with more categories.

But she still left off f, k, l, n & p.

Last edited by agree_to_disagree; Mar 11th 2021 at 10:05 am.
Old Mar 11th 2021, 3:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by VFR
Challenge that as there is no reason that you should loose your A entitlement.
To be honest I'm not that bothered, the quality of driving here puts me off having another bike and the wife never liked me having one anyway.
(used to ride from Luton to Wembley every morning, through the countryside, with a big grin all the time) getting too old these days and I like to look at places as Im driving not just watch a blur go by.
Old Mar 11th 2021, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The OP has decided not to go to Spain ? Perhaps now preparing to migrate to Scotland or Wales.

Last edited by scot47; Mar 11th 2021 at 4:20 pm.
Old Mar 11th 2021, 4:17 pm
Banned

agree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond reputeagree_to_disagree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
The OP has decided not to go to Spain ? Perhaps now preparimng to migrate to Scotland or Wales.
Scot, when Scotland leaves the UK and re-joins the EU, OP will be faced with the same problem with the driving licence... Just saying...
Old Mar 11th 2021, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

breakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond reputebreakfasttea has a reputation beyond repute

Scots get independence in exchange for having to speak Spanish ? 😅

Originally Posted by agree_to_disagree
Scot, when Scotland leaves the UK and re-joins the EU, OP will be faced with the same problem with the driving licence... Just saying...
Old Mar 11th 2021, 4:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Breakfasttea.

Your logic defeats me. Most Scots, alas have the same attitudes to learning and using other languages as do our Southern neighbours.
Old Mar 11th 2021, 4:39 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

This thread is about working in Spain. Please stop all of the other chats that have nothing at all to do with Spain.

Rosemary
Old Mar 12th 2021, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by larab28
My family are looking to move to Spain in the near future and the main income earner does not speak Spanish and is not far off retirement age so I don't think he will become good enough at it for most jobs in Spain. Are there any websites or ways I can find jobs for English speakers in Spain? Preferably jobs such as a bus driver?
So a man or women in their 60s wants to continue working and support a family in a country where he or she has no language/work skills? Good luck with that one.

Seriously, this had to be a wind up post.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.