Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

English speaking ITV (MoT) Garage in Palma

English speaking ITV (MoT) Garage in Palma

Old May 15th 2015, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

SportyPorty will become famous soon enoughSportyPorty will become famous soon enough
Default English speaking ITV (MoT) Garage in Palma

Need to take my car for an ITV test when we visit in July. Is anyone aware of a good local garage in or around Can Pastilla or Palma that can perform this and that the staff speak English. I am trying my best to learn Spanish, but I have difficulty with 'technical' words, so understanding the explanation of any defects may prove difficult. I know there must be loads of garages, but I would rather visit one that has been recommended. Thanks.

Last edited by SportyPorty; May 15th 2015 at 8:44 am. Reason: Spelling
Old May 15th 2015, 9:58 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English speaking ITV (MoT) Garage in Palma

Originally Posted by SportyPorty
Need to take my car for an ITV test when we visit in July. Is anyone aware of a good local garage in or around Can Pastilla or Palma that can perform this and that the staff speak English. I am trying my best to learn Spanish, but I have difficulty with 'technical' words, so understanding the explanation of any defects may prove difficult. I know there must be loads of garages, but I would rather visit one that has been recommended. Thanks.
Hi, garages don't do the ITV - this is only done at special ITV centres.

Any defects will be documented so you can always look any words up online or ask a garage for a quote to fix the problems.
Old May 15th 2015, 11:31 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SportyPorty

Believe it or not, it's relatively easy to get a car ITV'd in Spain even without too much language. More often than not at the ITV station it's like being on a continuous lane where different things are done at different stages. Often have the ITV man shouting and pointing at different things to make you do something as they are not quiet areas, but you get there in the end
Old May 15th 2015, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

I have taken my car through the ITV myself but these days I can't be bothered so I give it to my local garage for it's annual service and check-up and he takes it to the test. He charges me 25€ for the time getting the ITV (30 mins drive each way and waiting + test time) which I am happy with.
Old May 15th 2015, 4:56 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

FYI - The OP is not worried about the ITV itself, but the report of any defects.
Old May 15th 2015, 5:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

rafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nicerafikiphoto is just really nice

Originally Posted by snikpoh
FYI - The OP is not worried about the ITV itself, but the report of any defects.
Yeah I got that. My bloke will deal with all that, fix it and take for retest should it be necessary. But nice of you to be concerned I might have missed the point. Thank you.
Old May 15th 2015, 11:31 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh

........... which is the same thing.
Any defects are listed so he can get a good idea of what they are afterwards
Old May 19th 2015, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

SportyPorty will become famous soon enoughSportyPorty will become famous soon enough

Guys, thank you all for your input. I think I will take the car for the ITV, and chew over the report at my leisure. It will be useful too, if they show you the defect as it progresses, if they point to a component then it's usually obvious what's wrong.

Which brings me to my next question, which is kinda just a rehash of the original one. Can anyone recommend a garage in/near Can Pastilla or Palma who are both good and speak English. There is a garage very close to my apartment on the main road into Can Pastilla, but it looks a tip. I know appearances can be deceptive, but the mess doesn't inspire me with confidence.