Reload this Page >

English speaking doctor in Ayamonte

English speaking doctor in Ayamonte

Old Nov 1st 2009, 6:31 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: English speaking doctor in Ayamonte

Originally Posted by Redflag
thanks jur, do you know where the nearest one is?
private is fine, please can you give me there details

thanks in advance
Try this site to download a medical guide in Pdf Format: www.algarveredpages.com

In case of a private doctor, be prepared to also pay full price for medicine!

This happened to me once, when I had to get some things for my son. I believe that I had to pay € 45, where through the normal healthcare system
I did not even have to pay € 3,-

If you speak basic Spanish, you´ll be able to communicate to the doctors.
Old Nov 2nd 2009, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: English speaking doctor in Ayamonte

thanks jur, do you know where the nearest one is?
There is one in V R St O he advertises in all the local free press so must be private.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 7:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

private is fine, please can you give me there details

thanks in advance
Sorry for the delay, I am not in the area at the moment. I can't remember the name of the doctor but he is located on the Medico Rey De Garcia. If you go past the theatre, past Jags and on that same side there is one entrance to the dentist in the above flats and its the following block of flats. He has a plaque at the entrance and I have been there with a friend and he a lovely, helpful man. Hope this helps.
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

Redflag will become famous soon enoughRedflag will become famous soon enough

thanks sharon
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 9:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's a bit of a difficult call, this one - I find myself very irritated that people should assume to find English speaking professionals (no, I don't think it's at all likely that surgeries in the UK would have an assumption that Mr & Mrs O'Bloggs should be able to find a Bengalicantonurdufrenchitalispanglarab speaker.... never anywhere I´ve been.)
However I agree it's difficult to deal with medical matters & the fine nuances of what could happen, what you should do afterwards, etc., even if you can get by in poor/reasonable conversation Spanish. When my son needed stitches & was whisked away without a by your leave I was left fumbling for thoughts, never mind words.
And if it's actually some kind of EU agreement that everyone should have access to translations, it hasn't reached these parts of Andalucia!
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 10:34 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fionamw
I think it's a bit of a difficult call, this one - I find myself very irritated that people should assume to find English speaking professionals (no, I don't think it's at all likely that surgeries in the UK would have an assumption that Mr & Mrs O'Bloggs should be able to find a Bengalicantonurdufrenchitalispanglarab speaker.... never anywhere I´ve been.)
However I agree it's difficult to deal with medical matters & the fine nuances of what could happen, what you should do afterwards, etc., even if you can get by in poor/reasonable conversation Spanish. When my son needed stitches & was whisked away without a by your leave I was left fumbling for thoughts, never mind words.
And if it's actually some kind of EU agreement that everyone should have access to translations, it hasn't reached these parts of Andalucia!
Have a read of the notice on the clinic wall. ;-))
Old Nov 3rd 2009, 10:53 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

In my area, the Valencian government recently built a new, state of the art, large medical centre, to cater for the 30,000 people living within the catchment area, the majority of whom are English. The centre has six doctors, two of whom speak English; one is Polish and the other Bolivian.

Needless to say, those people allocated one of the four non English-speaking doctors are all clamouring to change to one of the English speaking ones, to save on interpreters fees. The administration refuse point blank to change doctors for that reason, it would be impossible because of the numbers concerned.

When the two doctors who do speak English encounter a serious, life-threatening, complicated illness, they still insist on a qualified medical interpreter being present, the chances of misinterpretation are just too high.

It’s funny that people in the UK sometimes complain about the influx of Polish people stealing their jobs. Without the large number of Polish doctors and consultants here, the newly built local hospital is full of them, the medical system couldn’t function at all.

The last doctor I saw was Russian, she was fluent in German and Spanish but not very good in English. But she sorted out my little problem.