Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

english newspapers Majorca

english newspapers Majorca

Old Mar 9th 2010, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

gravitatingsouth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default english newspapers Majorca

Ok this is gunna sound really dumb, but I really need someone to be kind enough to help.

Is there an english newspaper aimed at both British tourists and the Brits who have moved there. As in there is one that gets popped through everyone's letter box, bit like the free one everyone has in the UK weekly.

This is a difficult time, we know someone who is going to have to be taken out to Majorca to deal with getting rid of stuff as someone has died, and we were wondering if there is such a paper that we could advertise stuff in, and as alot of it will be english stuff, it will probably be more suited to an expat.

Anyway, if anyone can let me know the name or web site of such a newspaper that would really help - we don't speak spanish, so we are going to have to do it all in english and the person we will be bringing over to deal with stuff is really not up to anything due to grief.

This is delicate, so sorry if it sounds dumb but getting the name of a newspaper that is aimed at Brit property owners and tourists would be great, someone please help

GS
Old Mar 9th 2010, 7:08 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: english newspapers Majorca

Originally Posted by gravitatingsouth
Ok this is gunna sound really dumb, but I really need someone to be kind enough to help.

Is there an english newspaper aimed at both British tourists and the Brits who have moved there. As in there is one that gets popped through everyone's letter box, bit like the free one everyone has in the UK weekly.

This is a difficult time, we know someone who is going to have to be taken out to Majorca to deal with getting rid of stuff as someone has died, and we were wondering if there is such a paper that we could advertise stuff in, and as alot of it will be english stuff, it will probably be more suited to an expat.

Anyway, if anyone can let me know the name or web site of such a newspaper that would really help - we don't speak spanish, so we are going to have to do it all in english and the person we will be bringing over to deal with stuff is really not up to anything due to grief.

This is delicate, so sorry if it sounds dumb but getting the name of a newspaper that is aimed at Brit property owners and tourists would be great, someone please help

GS
sorry about your sad news

newspapers don't get dropped through anyones letter box in Spain

have a look at this though
Old Mar 9th 2010, 7:12 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gravitatingsouth

GS
This is a free one, also ads go on tinternet Friday Ads not sure if it covers the Islands though.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 7:59 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

It might be worthwhile speaking to the British embassy in Madrid or the British consulate in Majorca before making the trip, because there may be formalities you can arrange before you leave for the Island.

http://puertopollensa.org.uk/british-embassy-majorca