English MOT

Old Aug 20th 2006, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

anne c is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English MOT

Can anybody help us? We are going to live in Spain in September, taking our car with us on the ferry to Santander. 1st/ know of any small hotels/b&b we can stay in below the Madrid ring road towards Albacete?
2nd/ My mot runs out on the 19th September, is it worth renewing before we come out on the 7th or should I just get a spanish itv?
Many thanks for any help.
Anne.
Old Aug 20th 2006, 6:03 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: English MOT

Originally Posted by anne c
Can anybody help us? We are going to live in Spain in September, taking our car with us on the ferry to Santander. 1st/ know of any small hotels/b&b we can stay in below the Madrid ring road towards Albacete?
2nd/ My mot runs out on the 19th September, is it worth renewing before we come out on the 7th or should I just get a spanish itv?
Many thanks for any help.
Anne.

Well if your MOT runs out, the car will also be illegal in Spain as the car must be legal in the country of registration. So you will have a period between when your MOT runs out and when it gets Spanish registered with the ITV. Personally I would get ot MOT'd in the UK, for at least you know then it is fully fit for the journey to Spain.
Old Aug 20th 2006, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Well if your MOT runs out, the car will also be illegal in Spain as the car must be legal in the country of registration. So you will have a period between when your MOT runs out and when it gets Spanish registered with the ITV. Personally I would get ot MOT'd in the UK, for at least you know then it is fully fit for the journey to Spain.
Many thanks for the help. We are still novices when it comes to the computer, but we are plodding on with all the red tape that you have to go through to get to Spain legally. Any other advice would be very much appreciated.
Anne
Old Aug 20th 2006, 10:59 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks for the help. We are still novices when it comes to the computer, but we are plodding on with all the red tape that you have to go through to get to Spain legally. Any other advice would be very much appreciated.
Anne
just ask away .... we'll try to help
Old Aug 21st 2006, 6:10 am
barxeta bliss,ohhhh

patsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud ofpatsywhitehair has much to be proud of

Anne
hi anne, we came to live in Spain in Feb this year. Didnt know whether i should bring my car or not.It is a ford mondeo and had low mileage, knew I wouldnt get much for it in UK so my brother drove it over for me.I got somebody to do all the paperwork on the car to change it over to spanish plates and MOT'd it. I am glad i did really cos I like my car, its probably cost me (of the top of my head)about £500 in all, and I now know i could have got it done cheaper BUT am sooo glad i bought it over. I can run car into ground and not worry about getting prangs fm other cars when parked. I have no probs with a right hand drive. hope all goes well with you. by the way , where are you moving to,regards pat
Old Aug 21st 2006, 9:41 am
Sun, Sea & Sangria.

BritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud ofBritBull has much to be proud of

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390686
Old Aug 21st 2006, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by patsywhitehair
hi anne, we came to live in Spain in Feb this year. Didnt know whether i should bring my car or not.It is a ford mondeo and had low mileage, knew I wouldnt get much for it in UK so my brother drove it over for me.I got somebody to do all the paperwork on the car to change it over to spanish plates and MOT'd it. I am glad i did really cos I like my car, its probably cost me (of the top of my head)about £500 in all, and I now know i could have got it done cheaper BUT am sooo glad i bought it over. I can run car into ground and not worry about getting prangs fm other cars when parked. I have no probs with a right hand drive. hope all goes well with you. by the way , where are you moving to,regards pat
Hello Pat, We are moving to Cuevas de Almanzora, thats inland from Mojacar.
We are going over on the 7th Sept, and trying to rent somewhere until our place is ready. Whereabouts are you living?
Anne