Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

English Kids meeting spanish kids

English Kids meeting spanish kids

Old Apr 14th 2013, 10:46 pm
Just Joined

FromHuelva is an unknown quantity at this point
Default English Kids meeting spanish kids

Hello. I'm a Spanish native, I have been living in Ayamonte for a While, and nowadays I live in Huelva.

I have two children aged 3 and 2 years old. I have been speaking English to them since they were born. I want them to meet some english friends, so they can be involved in a bilingual experience, and improve their and my english language.

So if you have children of similar age or circumstances, or you just want to spend some time meeting spanish people, having coffe, speaking english, spanish, or any other activity in Ayamonte,Huelva or surroundings, I'm open to live the experience.

Just send me a private mail, or post your inquisitiveness.
Old May 8th 2013, 7:56 am
Forum Regular

Lloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the roughLloyd2012 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: English Kids meeting spanish kids

Good idea you have there. Unfortunately my lad would be too old for the your little ones. You my find that you can't receive private messages until you post a certain number of entries.
Regards.
Old May 10th 2013, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

What a good idea! Why don't you suggest 'English' mornings (like a club) to other parents in Huelva where you get together and only speak English with your little ones. Only take in children's books written in English and share them around. By and large the expats on this forum are more mature but there are a few who have children. But don't be too disappointed if you don't get many replies it's just most of us are more Grandma age than Mummy age! Maybe you could adopt a 'granny'! Be a little bit careful though ;-).
Old May 10th 2013, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

I think it is a good idea too. We bring our granddaughter over a couple of times a year and she is currently 2 1/2 years old. The next time we will be out with her will be the end of September although with children of that age you are probably thinking of something more regular. I think Angie's idea is good too.
Kath
Old May 11th 2013, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

FromHuelva is an unknown quantity at this point

First of all thanks you all for posting. I know it's difficult to find english people with young children living in Costa Esury, most of all because of what you have posted; It is the perfect place for retired or mature people who want to have relax.

I appreciate the idea you have given to me to create the "English mornings" , but i think it would be much more interesting if we could count on english people, just because of the listening, the idiomatic expressions , the rythm native people speak using their language is not the same the people-to-learn do.

Thank you very much for your answer, sincerely.