English cheque

Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Torrevieja & Los Altos, Spain. Formaly from Wembley, London, UK
Wendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud ofWendy Nesbeth has much to be proud of
Default English cheque

How long will it take for an English cheque to clear in a Spanish Bank?

Wendy x
Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

firtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nicefirtreesix is just really nice
Default Re: English cheque

Originally Posted by Wendy Nesbeth

Wendy x

I seem to recall 15 working days was what I waited earlier this year.

Firtreesix
Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:26 am

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Wendy Nesbeth

Wendy x

Hi it takes 20 days with our bank, that is including weekends, it shows up straight away but not allowed to draw on it until it has gone through the system....real pain in the butt.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:31 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crispygirl
Hi it takes 20 days with our bank, that is including weekends, it shows up straight away but not allowed to draw on it until it has gone through the system....real pain in the butt.
How much do they charge ?
Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute

About 21 days in La Caixa.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
La Caixa only seem to charge about 7 Euro regardless of amount! However, you do need to take cheque to your local bank (ie where your account is) and have a word with the counter clerk if you are on friendly terms.! This 7 euros is their minimum charge I believe.

Ask before depositing! (said the actress to the Bishop)!
Old Oct 18th 2007, 12:14 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sarahchirles
La Caixa only seem to charge about 7 Euro regardless of amount! However, you do need to take cheque to your local bank (ie where your account is) and have a word with the counter clerk if you are on friendly terms.! This 7 euros is their minimum charge I believe.

Ask before depositing! (said the actress to the Bishop)!
My daughter had a Canadian and UK cheque for their wedding presents and got ripped off when she paid them in.
Old Oct 18th 2007, 12:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jdr
My daughter had a Canadian and UK cheque for their wedding presents and got ripped off when she paid them in.
Done it a few times with UK cheques with success, but it can be a bit random and really depends who you speak to at your bank!
Old Oct 19th 2007, 9:06 am
Just Joined

cathy14 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sarahchirles
Done it a few times with UK cheques with success, but it can be a bit random and really depends who you speak to at your bank!
never happened to me or to anyone i know but i often hear that it happens.
Old Oct 19th 2007, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

lmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud oflmj50 has much to be proud of

Hi
Cajasur, takes 20 days to clear. No charges and usually a good rate to match Moneycorp etc..
leighton
Old Oct 19th 2007, 1:41 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jdr

Hi John, sorry I was having a senior moment, two cheques banked, I am pretty sure we were not charged for this, was surprised as my bank charges for every stamp and envelope they use.